• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Splatt

EDLKvSu.gif

PC master race must come up with a secret handshake/salute. #NextStep

q19B9.gif

LegoArmo

I swear the guys on this are laughing at Hooiveld not being good enough for the SPL, but starting in the Premier League against Arsenal.

It's hard to tell, I don't speak... Dutch?

I would rather push Gerrard as far forward as possible, in the acm position and make him play 60mins at 100%. Rather than how he conserves himself to endure he lasts the whole 90. Get him as far forward as possible with no defensive responsibilities. Would also help him stop fucking small passes when playing deep.

We definitely need a big money signing for our midfield this January who can make an instant impact. The only problem is that I doubt we have the money to sign Hughes in the same window meaning we will miss out on him. We need a midfielder who can make an instant impact if we want to keep challenging for top 4.

I'd be very, very surprised if we didn't get Hughes eventually, and I'm sure Rodgers can convince FSG that he'll be worth it as a long term project regardless of buying someone ready to come straight in

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
really happy with how well he actually gets the team involved and does 1-2s.
If he stops doing that, then he deserves the flop label. But the way he contributes even without scoring makes me happy to have him, especially this season with Messi out so long.

Now we just have to hope Sanchez keeps beasting.

GorillaJu

I'd be very, very surprised if we didn't get Hughes eventually, and I'm sure Rodgers can convince FSG that he'll be worth it as a long term project regardless of buying someone ready to come straight in

I just wonder who on earth could make a significant impact this season and would be buy-able in January.

Walshy

It's a fair result but you always want to win these, don't you.

A year and a half ago Rodwell was sent off for a joke of a challenge on Suarez. This time, Mirallas, the mangle-toothed cunt, made a horror challenge and stayed on, wasn't sent off for elbowing Henderson in the face.

I guess you win some you lose some.

I agree, Sakho deserves his chance.
Everton are unbeaten at home since the turn of the year. They have also lost once there in two seasons. It's a good result, not many teams will go to Goodison this season and get a result. We were very unlucky but ultimately our midfield, set piece defending and finishing from anyone other than Suarez, Sturridge and Coutinho needs to be better.

Mirallas is a cunt, fully agree with that, but Dowd is a cunt too.

Sahko should be starting. Agger didn't contribute anything today.

arkon

Wake up to a win for Huddersfield! Perfect start to the day.

I'm going to miss the rest of the action being at work though. FUCK. I should have taken the day off. I didn't realize today was the Bayern vs Dortmund game :(

Top Bottom