• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Feorax

Think you're pretty safe. Madrid have Isco and, as good as Coutinho is, I don't think Barca would be interested. Maybe PSG or Monaco would bid for him, but I don't think he'd leave for those kinda of clubs.

I hope so. Similar to Sturridge I suppose in that his options for a move would be limited.

Also, Luis Suarez: Misses 5 games, still joint top scorer.

pulga

Banned
MORATA WHAT THE FUCK

Think you're pretty safe. Madrid have Isco and, as good as Coutinho is, I don't think Barca would be interested. Maybe PSG or Monaco would bid for him, but I don't think he'd leave for those kind of clubs.

Coutinho? Pls.

We're buying Suarez havent you heard

GorillaJu

Think you're pretty safe. Madrid have Isco and, as good as Coutinho is, I don't think Barca would be interested. Maybe PSG or Monaco would bid for him, but I don't think he'd leave for those kind of clubs.

Yeah, he's not going anywhere. He's an important player for us, he knows it and the club will want to keep him. Atletico could be interested but don't think they'd fund a move since we'd want well above 20m if we were to sell.

He's not Real/Barca level, let's be honest. Not that Real look like world beaters at the moment, but they still aim for the very, very top when they buy.

kmax

It seems like parking the bus and going for the counter is the new winning formula. Even if you suck, you still win.

It worked successfully for Arsenal against Dortmund, and it seems to be working pretty well for WBA, too. Top teams get so used to being in control of the game that they become complacent when defending against counters.

jtb

Banned
It seems like parking the bus and going for the counter is the new winning formula. Even if you suck, you still win.

It worked successfully for Arsenal against Dortmund, and it seems to be working pretty well for WBA, too. Top teams get so used to being in control of the game that they become complacent when defending against counters.

Teams that park the bus don't keep 51% of possession.

Razor554

HUYtf0C.png

HUYtf0C.png

HUYtf0C.png

HUYtf0C.png

HUYtf0C.png

HUYtf0C.png

dat Pep. Already cruising to another major trophy. Hope Bayern fans got that umbrella out and ready for all dem raining trophies for next few years.

Suen

Sorry Madrid-GAF, couldn't watch the game today. How was it?

Did Ancelotti go with his new 4-3-3 bullshit? Did he use Isco or is he still dead?

Arnie

Someone post an image of Rafa for Wooden to print off and cry into.

Make it high-res enough to fit Quiche's 86 inch phone.

pulga

Banned
Sorry Madrid-GAF, couldn't watch the game today. How was it?

Cristiano hattrick (FK included)
BaleGOD managed to make Khedira score with an assist
Benzema 1 assist, 1 goal

Pretty satisfied, apart from Pepe's fuck up that led to Sociedad's goal.

Marc

I still don't get why Di Matteo was sacked, he could of been Chelsea's version of Pep, they were playing some excellent football with the likes of Mata and Hazard. They were a few points off the top but had an all new team, playing waaay better football than they are now. And he wins a CL and FA Cup in his first season in charge. I reckon he would of won the Club World Cup, and if Roman had listened to him and got a sodding striker they would have qualified that group. Instead they were reliant on Torres... as we all know has turned out to be brilliant.

Still, its Jose Mourinho, he can go on a run of winning ten games and suddenly be top of the pile.

Top Bottom