• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

I think he'll score goals for City, that's what he does.

Just pointing out that the fact he's scored more goals than some other strikers isn't direct proof of his quality against other players.

I'm not sure what his role is when Jovetic arrives though. Seems a bit stacked. Somebody will be unhappy.

I think he'll alternate upfront with Aguero. Jovetic will be the number 10/Tevez replacement.

Getting warm and fuzzy feelings watching Adnan taking the piss out of Rafael cos he merked him in training.

Going to be getting bad feels when Adnan merks Rafael for real when he goes to Juve.

Yurt pls

Zabojnik

Conte "Isla is a Juve player, I'm glad to be his coach. I'm convinced he will do well this season, he'll compete to play on the wing"

He started Motta before him. MOTTA. He's trolling. Isla to Inter is done and he's going at our price. Uhuhuhu.

Meier

I think he'll score goals for City, that's what he does.

Just pointing out that the fact he's scored more goals than some other strikers isn't direct proof of his quality against other players.

I'm not sure what his role is when Jovetic arrives though. Seems a bit stacked. Somebody will be unhappy.
Yeah I agree that it isn't necessarily indicative of direct quality but he's a proven goal scorer so the incredulity seems completely silly to me. He might miss some clear cut chances but he obviously buries plenty of them.

I have a feeling that despite the talk of Dzeko staying, there is a chance he could still go if/when Jo-Jo is finalized. I don't think we need 4 International strikers in the first team (let alone 5 if Guidetti isn't loaned out).

Kikarian

Yeah I agree that it isn't necessarily indicative of direct quality but he's a proven goal scorer so the incredulity seems completely silly to me. He might miss some clear cut chances but he obviously buries plenty of them.

I have a feeling that despite the talk of Dzeko staying, there is a chance he could still go if/when Jo-Jo is finalized. I don't think we need 4 International strikers in the first team (let alone 5 if Guidetti isn't loaned out).
Don't know why City will sell Dzeko. He's a class player.

Meier

Don't know why City will sell Dzeko. He's a class player.
I think he could flourish in Pellegrini's system but I'm not sure where the minutes will come from if we go 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1. There's no way Aguero isn't playing almost every game and it seems unlikely we'll play with two strikers up front.

Kikarian

I think he could flourish in Pellegrini's system but I'm not sure where the minutes will come from if we go 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1. There's no way Aguero isn't playing almost every game and it seems unlikely we'll play with two strikers up front.
...But Negredo wouldn't fit in that system then.

pulga

Banned
Guess who scored more goals last season than Higuain has ever scored? Benzema's high is 32 versus Negredo's 31 but he did it in 10 more games.

Even Tevez only scored 31 once for Boca and that was in 10 more games than Negredo. I'll take those scoring numbers any day.

Not indicative of talent, as Viva already pointed out.

It just feels as if City is regressing. Went from having a HOLY SHIT striker lineup to... Negredo. Its just meh. Hopefully he'll work out for you guys, but I just dont see it.

Villa has never once scored 31 goals in a season like Negredo did last year and obviously his salary would have been significantly more if City had signed him for instance.

It's going to be interesting to see how all this pans out. I don't see how we could play with less than 2 strikers if we have 4 available. I guess we could see both Jovetic and Aguero playing as False 9s and Dzeko and Negro playing as single strikers up front but I don't expect Jovetic would want to be a sub most of the time.

Yet still he's like the third or four striker on the Spanish slection (Del Bosque bias, no doubt, but still...). I don't think he's a quality player for a big team llike City and our league has been a lol for some years, I still remember Güiza getting the Pichichi, so is not really indication. lol

If he does well, I'll no doubt eat all the crow of the world and gladly, Spain team needs a new proper striker.

Xavi is old. Dude has been fading away into obscurity, he's lucky he's linked with Iniesta so much.

Yet still he's a key part of the tiki-taka system, without him the system barely works and would depend almost entirely of Messi goddness. Cesc can't replace that.

Better a barely working gear that one that won't fit at all.

dc89

It just feels as if City is regressing. Went from having a HOLY SHIT striker lineup to... Negredo. Its just meh. Hopefully he'll work out for you guys, but I just dont see it.

You know nothing Pluga.

Meier

City are trying to work towards meeting FFP.. I'm afraid we probably will never have a strike force like 2011-2012 again for the foreseeable future -- the salaries were just too high. In addition to the continental FFP, there's this new PL-based one that we'll have to follow as well so it's a process.

Negredo is a proven goal scorer and our coach wanted him. That makes me excited even if others aren't. :)

^5 dc.

Why is the apprentice on at 8 tonight? Is it 2 hours?

Its the final tonight innit.

That racism thread in OT disgusts me.

What happened?

Anyone else wanna join? If you haven't been added to PS3 FIFA Clubs, quote with your psn ID.

I'm not sure, is Clubs where everyone chooses an existing player, or the one where you have to make your own? If its the latter I'll probably have to pass.

fuenf

I think I'm giving up on MGS3. I cant get used to the control scheme and I'm not in the mood for a stealth game anyway.

Meier

I still think Isco was the best buy this transfer season. Kid has pure pure talent, so effortless.

I'm just riding the wave after that one. Will be tough to top that for a long time in terms of disappointment. Hazard was frustrating because it seemed like we had him but Isco was next level stuff given the Pellegrini situation. That'll stick with MP for life I bet.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BPEABj-CMAEjF_U.jpg:large

BPLK4yrCIAABxbZ.jpg:large

BOrZNORCMAAYANq.jpg:large

BPFvfC7CcAAxop9.jpg:large

BOwm-S7CAAEPysD.jpg:large

I think I'm giving up on MGS3. I cant get used to the control scheme and I'm not in the mood for a stealth game anyway.

You know what to do.

fuenf

The gameplay in MGS2 is similar to MGS3 but the levels are less open and you have a radar so it feels better.

If MGS3 had MGS4's control scheme it would have been the best game in the series.

yeah :( in MGS3 it feels like shooting isnt even an option (because of the controls) and having to use the digipad to move slowly is a pain in the ass. And worst of all climbing up stuff almost never works on the first input :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom