• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooney's not Torres. I honestly think the reason he's not been his best for United recently is because he doesn't want to be there. He actually has an incredible work rate when he can be arsed. Mourinho would make him arsed.

He just lacks motivation. He'd get a new lease of life at Chelsea. For at least 2 years he'd be good for it.

At United he's just been coasting. Was only a year or so ago that he openly admitted he ignored the fitness schedule we'd given him. Fatty.

What's worse, Rooney going non stop about wanting to leave or Man Utd always making him stay for another season?

Sell him, and buy another player. Jesus. You're Man Utd, top 3 biggest club in the world.... act like it.

GQman2121

Banned
plus 15 English tax

35 and and I ship him out

The tax was included in the original £25 paid to Everton! £20 is fare business.

We are so much in the driver's seat regarding this potential deal, that even if it doesn't happen we win.

I love the Xepria Z, best phone I've had since the iPhone 3GS.

Picking mine up during my lunch break! Finally made its way to a US carrier. I'm excited. I played with a co-workers a few weeks ago.

We know Arsenal have at least £30m sitting around, with a huge amount cleared off the wage bill. They musta put it in there for a reason.

For the same reason they make half hearted bids for players.

To placate fans.

I don't think Cesc will be leaving Barcelona anyways. But you would expect United sounded this type of thing out before making any move for him.

Bo-Locks

:lol

Rooney won't be allowed to run down his contract whatever Woodward says.

But I just don't see us selling him to Chelsea for £20m or £25m. As I said before, it would be by far the worst bit of transfer business United do this summer. No great fee and allowing Chelsea one hand on the PL.

May well end up at Chelsea but they'll have to pay up.

The options available in order of preference:

1. Sell him abroad
2. Get him to sign a contract extension
3. Isolate him, break him and let his contract run down
4. Sell him to Chelsea/City for £25-35m.

Option 1 is the best, but I'm not sure if there would be any takers or if Rooney would even consider it. I can only see PSG being stupid enough to go for Rooney - Bayern, Barca and Real are out of his league

Option 2 is still available, but the breaking point is approaching. Football fans are a fickle bunch, and while a segment of the fanbase will never forgive him, it's not too late to put this saga to an end, for another few years, at least.

Option 3 is available for the above reasons.

Option 4 is the worst case scenario. Realistically, we are not going to be getting £50m for Rooney, and we would be selling a rejuvenated Rooney to our rivals, weakening us on the pitch, weakening us psychologically and significantly strengthening our rivals. Leave this sort of shit to Arsenal.

It's not as of we're desperate for money and I don't think the Glazers or Woodward will interfere in this matter, it's down to Moyes to decide what happens. Every option is still available.

qindarka

Banned
Did City seriously pay 30 million euro for Negredo? Seem to be overspending a little this summer, players won't have much resale value either.

Salvadora

For the same reason they make half hearted bids for players.

To placate fans.

I don't think Cesc will be leaving Barcelona anyways. But you would expect United sounded this type of thing out before making any move for him.

Geoff Arsenal's saying the board have given Arsene too much to do.

#Support4Arsene

You want to play clubs in a bit?

TV is busy at the moment, my is having people over.

Just bought one, waiting for it to be delivered. Please tell me how awesome it is

Picking mine up during my lunch break! Finally made its way to a US carrier. I'm excited. I played with a co-workers a few weeks ago.

Very nice, everyone gets impressed by how good it looks and the fact that it's waterproof.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Z3SSJnB.jpg
mfwCEc6.jpg

Shirt looks good in motion.

Llorente looks good in stills. <3

Salvadora

You're setting yourself up for disappointment.

They wouldn't sell Thiago & Cesc in the same transfer window.

Next summer, maybe, but they've no reason to sell to United now. He is under long term contract, and it's a position they need depth in with Xavi aging. I can't see Cesc jumping at the bit to join United either, but that might just be me.

Fabregas isn't going to united. He's finally going have a place in the starting lineup at Barca.

Really?

Xavi and Iniesta are going to play most matches, unless Cesc can do what Xavi does (he can't), well they probably try and realize Cesc can't play like Xavi does. And with Pedro, Neymar and Messi up there he won't play many matches as "false 9".

Lightning

Banned
They wouldn't sell Thiago & Cesc in the same transfer window.

Next summer, maybe, but they've no reason to sell to United now. He is under long term contract, and it's a position they need depth in with Xavi aging. I can't see Cesc jumping at the bit to join United either, but that might just be me.
A couple of people with close ties to Arsenal say he would. I was sure Barca wouldn't sell though but now I'm not so sure.

It would leave them incredibly short in midfield though. An Inestia injury then Barca have issues.

Facism

Holy shit Deus Ex on Steam for £2.24.

Dark Souls for £4.99.

If you haven't got either of these they're worth the punt.

Meier

Yes.

25m for Sevilla.

4,5m/year for Negredo.

Just this: 23 more millions than Villa. More or less the same as Thiago.

Villa has never once scored 31 goals in a season like Negredo did last year and obviously his salary would have been significantly more if City had signed him for instance.

It's going to be interesting to see how all this pans out. I don't see how we could play with less than 2 strikers if we have 4 available. I guess we could see both Jovetic and Aguero playing as False 9s and Dzeko and Negro playing as single strikers up front but I don't expect Jovetic would want to be a sub most of the time.

Did City seriously pay 30 million euro for Negredo? Seem to be overspending a little this summer, players won't have much resale value either.

&#8364;25m up front, possible &#8364;5m more in add-ons is the rumor. Re-sale value isn't really that important in the end if you're not paying the guy that much. Negredo will make somewhere around &#8364;85k which is relatively modest in comparison to the past deals.

Into

What if Chelsea only offered 10 million, knowing how bad the situation seems to be (according to media) at United?

Moyes: "Overall, my thought on Wayne is that if for any reason we had an injury to Robin van Persie we are going to need him."

Chelsea are looking to either land the player or cause a ruckus to fuck with United even if they do not get the player, they will still get something out of it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What if Chelsea only offered 10 million, knowing how bad the situation seems to be (according to media) at United?

Moyes: "Overall, my thought on Wayne is that if for any reason we had an injury to Robin van Persie we are going to need him."

Chelsea are looking to either land the player or cause a ruckus to fuck with United even if they do not get the player, they will still get something out of it.

ib0hC2uitz7xWv.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom