• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Into

ib0hC2uitz7xWv.gif
tumblr_m3izmyfMqP1qf84l6.gif

Salvadora

What if Chelsea only offered 10 million, knowing how bad the situation seems to be (according to media) at United?

Moyes: "Overall, my thought on Wayne is that if for any reason we had an injury to Robin van Persie we are going to need him."

Chelsea are looking to either land the player or cause a ruckus to fuck with United even if they do not get the player, they will still get something out of it.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

faridmon

for only £10m, we might as well make bid on Rooney. You know he wants back now that Moyes isn't here anymore.

We'll throw Hibbert and Anichebe in there as well.

faridmon

Apparently Martinez wants Fellaini to stay. Come on man, you are asking for the wrong guys. Give Baines all that attention, mister.

Really?

Xavi and Iniesta are going to play most matches, unless Cesc can do what Xavi does (he can't), well they probably try and realize Cesc can't play like Xavi does. And with Pedro, Neymar and Messi up there he won't play many matches as "false 9".

Xavi is old. Dude has been fading away into obscurity, he's lucky he's linked with Iniesta so much.

Timurid

I was just looking at City's old signings when they got took over by the arabs.

24 mil for Jo. :lol

Seems like City just likes to give money away for free.

Wolfsfinkel or whatever his name his. Twilight is all the rage too, the dude even looks like a Edward. So you got Jacob and Edward mixed in one.

Kikarian

Mou doesn't want to talk about the transfers deal of Rooney, as we already know that Chelsea have made a bid.

He's trying to edge Rooney to make a decision.

Clegg

Telegraph journo is saying United didn't brief the media about the player + £10m for Rooney.

Looks like Chelsea are lying or someone else is stirring the shit.

What if Chelsea only offered 10 million, knowing how bad the situation seems to be (according to media) at United?

Moyes: "Overall, my thought on Wayne is that if for any reason we had an injury to Robin van Persie we are going to need him."

Chelsea are looking to either land the player or cause a ruckus to fuck with United even if they do not get the player, they will still get something out of it.

Rooney is a looking for a way out. He's desperate for it

If you actually read the full quotes from Moyes he says Rooney is going to be an important player and that he wants him to play with RVP.

Yes he did say that we'd need him if RVP got injured and looking at it now, it was a mistake because he gave Rooney and his agent the chance to seize upon it.

But let's not kid ourselves, Rooney's response to it is either 1) pathetic if he genuinely feels like that 2) more likely, just his latest attempt to engineer a way out of United without looking like the bad guy.

Kikarian

Telegraph journo is saying United didn't brief the media about the player + £10m for Rooney.

Looks like Chelsea are lying or someone else is stirring the shit.
Wouldn't surprise me if it was Chelsea, to try and make Rooney think that United aren't interested in him any more and would much rather have Mata or Luis.

But on the other hand, if Chelsea don't get Rooney that leaves Mata and Luis thinking they're not wanted at Chelsea.

Meier

Negredo to City is the most baffling thing ever. Seriously... him?

Guess who scored more goals last season than Higuain has ever scored? Benzema's high is 32 versus Negredo's 31 but he did it in 10 more games.

Even Tevez only scored 31 once for Boca and that was in 10 more games than Negredo. I'll take those scoring numbers any day.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was Chelsea, to try and make Rooney think that United aren't interested in him any more and would much rather have Mata or Luis.

But on the other hand, if Chelsea don't get Rooney that leaves Mata and Luis thinking they're not wanted at Chelsea.

Chelsea makes a bid. Utd lowers price tag, adds a +1. Probably tries Mata, gets a no, probably tries David Luiz.

Use your common sense, Chelsea would have no interest in letting Mata leave. Rooney or not.

dc89

Guess who scored more goals last season than Higuain has ever scored? Benzema's high is 32 versus Negredo's 31 but he did it in 10 more games.

Looking at where he scores from too, he seems a real fox in the box. Something we don't really have. I'm excited at what Pellegrini is putting together.

Negredo scored more than Van Persie and Suarez last season too.

He isn't close to being as good as either of them.

Will stop probably be a good player for City.

Kikarian

The quote in Rooney book makes me laugh. He clearly didn't think it through.

I can't remember it exactly but it's plastered over Twitter.

"Wanting to leave Manchester United was the worst idea I ever had." That was like 2 seasons ago.

Kikarian

Chelsea makes a bid. Utd lowers price tag, adds a +1. Probably tries Mata, gets a no, probably tries David Luiz.

Use your common sense, Chelsea would have no interest in letting Mata leave. Rooney or not.
It's was most likely United who made those stories up.

I was just giving an input into what the telegraph is reporting.

Wolfswinkel is the most incompetent striker i ever saw, couldn't finish a God of War QTE. Norwich got a shit tasting turd thinking it was chocolate fundue. someone alert Alan Partridge to this tomfoolery.

Meier

Negredo scored more than Van Persie and Suarez last season too.

He isn't close to being as good as either of them.
He scored nearly as many as Cavani and Falcao did and he comes at about 40% of the cost in transfer fee and even less in salary. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does.

Sometimes it's about what's available. Pellegrini made him his #1 target once it was clear Napoli wouldn't budge. I trust him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Conte "Isla is a Juve player, I'm glad to be his coach. I'm convinced he will do well this season, he'll compete to play on the wing"

iUI2AeMesppqY.gif

He scored nearly as many as Cavani and Falcao did and he comes at about 40% of the cost in both transfer fee and salary. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does.

Sometimes it's about what's available. Pellegrini made him his #1 target once it was clear Napoli wouldn't budge. I trust him.

I think he'll score goals for City, that's what he does.

Just pointing out that the fact he's scored more goals than some other strikers isn't direct proof of his quality against other players.

I'm not sure what his role is when Jovetic arrives though. Seems a bit stacked. Somebody will be unhappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom