• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Torres aint walking out the door.
torreshdnspf.gif

Next season is his season. Believe.

rcAChzu.gif

xandaca

Yeah I'm surprised Chelsea or Madrid haven't gone for Gomez. I'm not a huge fan of him but he definitely knows how to put the ball away. I reckon its just that his qualities have been absolutely damned this season with Mandzukic proving how exactly a solo target man should play whereas Gomez isn't particularly excellent at much apart from scoring.

For 20m odd or so, he'd be good value for money.

To be honest, I think someone like Gomez might be best for us, acting as a focal point for Hazard, Mata, Schurrle etc. to do all their running around him, pulling defences to shreds while he quietly finds the best position to knock in goals. Maybe I'm being ridiculous, but part of me feels like a player who's too dynamic might just get in the way of the three behind him. Not going to complain if Cavani or Lewandowski arrive though, for obvious reasons.

Zabojnik

Depressing news about Alberto Masi. Had an amazing pre-season and I remember we were all so excited that we signed our next big defender.

Well, he had an awful season.

Adam Digby summarizes:

To be frank (the great), he only had one or two really good games for us in the pre-season. He was awful to average in the remaining matches and made some truly noobish mistakes. As far as I'm concerned, that's when the hype died. You could clearly see he wasn't nowhere near ready for a Serie A club. Still, wish him all the luck in the world. Some day, who knows.

Who is going to challenge Juve this season? With reports of Cavani heading off from Napoli [...]

I think people are underestimating Napoli a bit. Yes, they'll lose Cavani, but they'll bring in at least three quality players. Possibly a top one. At the moment it's looking like it's going to be a three team race to the death between Juve, Napoli and Milan. The last time Juve won the scudetto three times in a row was in 1935. It's not as easy as it may seem.

Will be interesting to see how Napoli reinvest the Cavani money

Wisely, I reckon. De Laurentiis is a clown, but he's also really good with money and at managing Napoli.

He's out for 6 months, due to a knee injury. He had a surgery to fix it, but it will take a while.

Are you still playing 4-3-3? I don't imagine that Honda would do particularly well in that system. He'll need to be deeper. 4-3-1-2 would be better

-------------Abbiati--------------
Abate--Mexes--???--DeSci
-----------De Jong-------------
---Dormolivo-------------------
---------------------Prince-------
-------------Honda--------------
-----Balo-------SES------------

Could be decent. Not sure Prince would play in a Vidal role, but he'd be much better than just an AMF.

I think people are underestimating Napoli a bit. Yes, they'll lose Cavani, but they'll bring in at least three quality players. Possibly a top one. At the moment it's looking like it's going to be a three team race to the death between Juve, Napoli and Milan. The last time Juve won the scudetto three times in a row was in 1935. It's not as easy as it may seem.

I agree with the first part of this. I think Napoli will actually improve after selling Cavani; all indications point towards them reinvesting the money back into the squad to strengthen key areas. However, I don't think there will be a "three team race to the death." It will be Juve in first, and Napoli/Milan in a close fight for second.

Inturd will get relegated.

Are you still playing 4-3-3? I don't imagine that Honda would do particularly well in that system. He'll need to be deeper. 4-3-1-2 would be better

-------------Abbiati--------------
Abate--Mexes--???--DeSci
-----------De Jong-------------
---Dormolivo-------------------
---------------------Prince-------
-------------Honda--------------
-----Balo-------SES------------

Could be decent. Not sure Prince would play in a Vidal role, but he'd be much better than just an AMF.

Yup, we are switching back to the classic 4-3-1-2. The attacking trio of Honda/Balo/SES and the midfield trio of Montolivo/De Jong/Poli are all really well balanced and on paper, should be extremely solid.

There are still questions about the defense though. If Mexes and Zapata maintain their ridiculous form from the second half of last season, we have quite the strong squad. I think the weak spot in our squad would then be Abate and Abbiati, who are both pretty good. That just shows how much our squad will have improved with these changes.

Arnie

lol

Can hear a proper little quarrel going on outside, just can't see it.

'YOU WHAT BRUV I WILL FUCK YOU UP BRUV'

Zabojnik

I agree with the first part of this. I think Napoli will actually improve after selling Cavani; all indications point towards them reinvesting the money back into the squad to strengthen key areas. However, I don't think there will be a "three team race to the death." It will be Juve in first, and Napoli/Milan in a close fight for second.

I think scudetto motivation / CL ambitions will play a pretty significant role this season. Which is why I'm glad we're changing things up a bit, at least on the attack front. Having a young and hungry Jovetic replace an aging Vucinic could do wonders for us, for example.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Milan's team is great and they have some really promising players BUT you need more than that to win the title and you certainly need someone better than Allegri..
(pen.)

Rafa's Napoil and Viola (with Gomez and their hostage Jojo) are equally as dangerous. I can totally see them challenging for the title.

Inter is effectively a midtable team.

Could we please stop quoting Tancredi.

This please. The football equivalent of VG chartz.
Don't bother guys, we tried, they won't listen.
Vucinic leaving Juve? Thought they'd want to get rid of Matri first but then again he's probably more comfortable slumming it on the bench while El Apache and Hercules tear shit up

Hercules :lol I LOVE IT!

Clegg

I saw people talking about Lamela to United and I got all excited.

Then I found out @corrienationstreet was the source of the rumour.

Hope dashed.

Tc91

P Nev vs Giggs

This was jokes.

Also, Froggie considering staying away from OT on matchdays for a while to help Moyes settle in to the job. Sounds like a good idea.

Aye it's a good thing, I wouldn't like it if we are losing a big game and the camera is straight up to Frogson every 2 minutes in the director's box.

Give him some time and come to matches once he's got into the swing of things.

So Chelsea will have to come for Rooney now.

This could work.

Make them pay £40m, they'll probs do it.

Stall it till Aug 30th.

Until then tell Rooney he is on a special fitness regime where he can eat as many pies as he want and drink as much beer as he likes.

Salvadora

Graham Hunter regarding Higuain:
"This is a guy that will go to war for you.#AFC fans need to look at the middle part of his RM career. Not the beginning where he was young, nor the end where he was second fiddle. This is a guy that will go to war for you
This is a guy who, had Arsenal signed him years ago, 'could've' kept the likes of Cesc, RvP and Nasri at the club. He'll lead by example.
omg

Stefan ‏@bvbawesome 2m
According to BILD Mkhitaryan only wants to go to Dortmund and has rejected Liverpool and Tottenham and has agreed on a contract with #bvb.

Such a weird saga. Only Gods knows whats actually going on.

Stefan ‏@bvbawesome 2m
According to BILD Mkhitaryan only wants to go to Dortmund and has rejected Liverpool and Tottenham and has agreed on a contract with #bvb.

Such a weird saga. Only Gods knows whats actually going on.

He'll end up going to Anzhi. Book it!

Wes

venison crêpe
@MsiDouglas 11m
What interested me today was the way Kone bid news emerged: through Sports Direct News, website owned by #nufc owner. Interesting dynamic

Same place as the Newcastle in for Rooney rumour. Must be ITK. Get hyped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom