• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

So Chelsea will have to come for Rooney now.

This could work.

Make them pay £40m, they'll probs do it.

Stall it till Aug 30th.

Until then tell Rooney he is on a special fitness regime where he can eat as many pies as he want and drink as much beer as he likes.

Fuck hypothetically stalling that, sell him asap and get that money reinvested.

All this Higuain hype really begs the question: if he is that good, why are Real Madrid selling him?

Well you see this was never the plan.

The plan was for Benzema to leave. At one stage we were just days away from Benzema handing in his transfer request, 11 days I believe, people in Lyon were relating all of this back to us.

It seemed as though nothing could be done about it.

But then things changed, situation was fluid and Perez and Benz had a chat and Benz felt loved again, Benz forgave the betrayal that Mourinho sent down upon him and agreed he would stay and fight for Madrid and lead them to glory.

Benz is just that good, so Higuain had to do one.

dc89

Aren't PSG supposed to be interested?

Not for moneybags PSG

Or Monaco. But surely he won't do a Falcao.

Time is running out for what?

Doesn't his buy out clause expire? They'd be better off doing a deal sooner or later, so they can spend the money and replace him. They don't want to do a Liverpool.

Last we heard the only club to put in a bid for Cavani was Real Madrid, so says De Laurentiis.

"The only meeting I've had has been with Manchester City, but the offer was inadequate,"

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/tran...itys-cavani-bid-inadequate-says-de-laurentiis

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/0...ave-held-talks-with-them-over-edinson-cavani/

Lots of sources have the same quote. Only City so far it seems.

Wilbur

Banned
Well you see this was never the plan.

The plan was for Benzema to leave. At one stage we were just days away from Benzema handing in his transfer request, 11 days I believe, people in Lyon were relating all of this back to us.

It seemed as though nothing could be done about it.

But then things changed, situation was fluid and Perez and Benz had a chat and Benz felt loved again, Benz forgave the betrayal that Mourinho sent down upon him and agreed he would stay and fight for Madrid and lead them to glory.

Benz is just that good, so Higuain had to do one.

looooooooooooooooooooooool

bud

maybe i'm setting the bar too high since rvp has gone (he possesses all the qualities a number nine should have in my opinion), and maybe arsenal fans in general are excited about any striker not named giroud, but... higuain is not very good. he's not worth the money.

compared to giroud, any striker will look like he's quick on his feet.

higuain can be a good poacher, but i just don't see what the fuss is all about.

rvp come back please
i forgive you i swear

He's pretty much forcing himself out.

Mourinho wasn't going to sell him, for example. That should tell you something.

Do we know why he is forcing himself out? Lack of playing time? Surely Arsenal is a step down from Real Madrid, so there must be some reason.

I am puzzled because people have been hyping up Higuain so much, they've been making him seem like the next RVP. But imagine if RVP played for Madrid, they would never let him leave.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It doesn't matter if Higuain was 'not good enough' for Madrid or not. All that matters is that he'd easily be Arsenal's best striker.

LOL fuck off, I admit I know little of football outside of Serie A, I am genuinely puzzled as to the Higuain hype.

Also, I studied law. Graduated recently.
I wasn't being sarcastic actually :lol and I know you did!

Clegg

Higuain is a step up from Giroud. He's not one of the worlds best strikers but he's good enough to easily establish himself as Arsenal's first choice striker.

That's all that really matters if you're an Arsenal fan.

I said this last week too - Mourinho didn't want Higuain to leave Madrid, but now he's gone to Chelsea and is after a striker..he isn't looking to bring him in.

He's beneath that top level of strikers IMO but he is still pretty good.

I think he will score alot of goals...but I have a feeling that a bit like Mario Gomez he might not be a match-winner in crucial situations.

Salvadora

Do we know why he is forcing himself out? Lack of playing time? Surely Arsenal is a step down from Real Madrid, so there must be some reason.

I am puzzled because people have been hyping up Higuain so much, they've been making him seem like the next RVP. But imagine if RVP played for Madrid, they would never let him leave.
I haven't a clue, Frank. The Madrid guys may know more.
How exactly? explain Sal, pls.

He said the only offer he's had is from Madrid, yet a couple of weeks later he says the only offer he's had is from City.

Something isn't adding up

Stefan ‏@bvbawesome 2m
According to BILD Mkhitaryan only wants to go to Dortmund and has rejected Liverpool and Tottenham and has agreed on a contract with #bvb.

Such a weird saga. Only Gods knows whats actually going on.

I like how they publish the same article again just a few days later. Just shows that Bild doesn't know shit.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I said this last week too - Mourinho didn't want Higuain to leave Madrid, but now he's gone to Chelsea and is after a striker..he isn't looking to bring him in.

I think he will score alot of goals...but I have a feeling that a bit like Mario Gomez he might not be a match-winner in crucial situations.
He wanted a WC striker in his 2nd (or/and first) season, remember? He moaned about it until they sacked Jorge Valdano.

Wilbur

Banned

Yeah, this is it. The problem with Arsenal is that I don't think they have any match winners. Cazorla and Wilshere, arguably Walcott, are on that brink, but they don't have one player the quality of RVP, Mata, Aguero, Bale, Suarez. Not one on the level of Rooney, Hazard, Toure. Not one on the level defensively of Vidic, Kompany, Cech. And to close the gap to the front three, they need more than Higuain.

Salvadora

Yeah, this is it. The problem with Arsenal is that I don't think they have any match winners. Cazorla and Wilshere, arguably Walcott, are on that brink, but they don't have one player the quality of RVP, Mata, Aguero, Bale, Suarez. Not one on the level of Rooney, Hazard, Toure. Not one on the level defensively of Vidic, Kompany, Cech. And to close the gap to the front three, they need more than Higuain.

Summers not over, m8.

Plenty of time to empty that warchest.

FootballFan

Who knows really. I like Higuain, not really sure where I'd put him in a list of top strikers.

Some of his failings at Madrid could have a lot to do with how greedy Ronaldo and his boys are.

For Argentina he can't stop scoring for example and before 2011-ish he was a great striker.

I'll give him a wait-n-see rating. All I know is he will be better than Giroud lol.

Just make an account called Turok_ITK and tweet whatever he posts here.

Simple.

Who knows really. I like Higuain, not really sure where I'd put him in a list of top strikers.

Some of his failings at Madrid could have a lot to do with how greedy Ronaldo and his boys are.

For Argentina he can't stop scoring for example and before 2011-ish he was a great striker.

I'll give him a wait-n-see rating. All I know is he will be better than Giroud lol.
Everytime Ronaldo used to pass to Higgy he would choke and miss. I'm not surprise Ronnie stopped passing to him.

Timurid

Under the assumption that the Cavani deal is done and Ibra stays, I wonder what formation Blanc will do. I'm thinking of 4-3-1-2 with Moura or Pastore behind Ibra and Cavani. Then you'll have a Verratti, Matuidi, and Motta midfield. :D

Fry

485400_692658324084195_1179298337_n.jpg

Is this guy really leaving?

Wilbur

Banned
Under the assumption that the Cavani deal is done and Ibra stays, I wonder what formation Blanc will do. I'm thinking of 4-3-1-2 with Moura or Pastore behind Ibra and Cavani. Then you'll have a Verratti, Matuidi, and Motta midfield. :D

4-2-3-1. Verratti leaves for Juventus next summer.

Levy would come in with a cheeky bid. Spurs could do with some more overated strikers.

Wilbz, Cazorla is on Mata's level. Trust me <3

No fucking way mang. I love you babby gurl but NO. NO.

Cazorla was fucking amazing five times this season. Mata was consistently amazing game after game after game.

Timurid

4-2-3-1. Verratti leaves for Juventus next summer.

No fucking way mang. I love you babby gurl but NO. NO.

Cazorla was fucking amazing five times this season. Mata was consistently amazing game after game after game.

If Verratti leaves, he'll be going to Madrid.

He wanted a WC striker in his 2nd (or/and first) season, remember? He moaned about it until they sacked Jorge Valdano.

At that time he was pissed with Benz, since he was doing awfully bad.

He did much better on Mou 2nd season, not so much last year.

Edit: I hope Anceloltti dosn't plan to use Benz as our main striker. Since Cavani is out of the question I'll take Gomez is Pep dosn't want him.

FootballFan

That was revenge for all the times Hig misses Ronaldo's assists.

Hig knew people say Ronaldo scores lots but doesn't assist. He is Messi's friend and wanted Ronaldo to look bad so when Ronaldo passed to him he would miss on purpose.

Ronaldo is a man of honour. He treats people the way they treat him.

Vulva, wat r u doin.

MpWby.gif

How weird.

I just got an email telling me where I'm gonna be working in September.

Dept of Health here I come. No idea why they emailed me at this time though.

Regarding your earlier point Wilbury, I think Wilshere in 2010/11 form is a match winner.

You may see it again this season.
I agree.

At his best Wilshere was damn good. A shame we have seen so little of it so far.

Just looked at the stats and apparently he made 25 PL appearances last season. Really didn't think he'd played that much, even including sub appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom