• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennywise

Friends, I want a team that is mid tier but has potential to contend. A team that has the potential to suck horribly and be great at the same time. I want the sweet and sour baby.
Do people have teams across multiple leagues or do you mainly stick to one team. I don't normally like sports but I LOVE the fuck out of the World Cup. I want in on the day to day action now.

Dortmund it is.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Insofar as summer activity goes United could be the most fun to follow, though maybe we will get our business done quick, that would be interesting.

Don't listen to people saying support Liverpool, they're cunts, I'm the only one who speaks the truth. Support Crystal Palace, they have a fantastic manager who is never dull and a decent team.

Who the fuck said Arsenal are a mid tier team? You mean the team that has qualfied for the CL the last 20 years in a row? The team that came from 2-0 down to win in a FA final? Don't be so fucking silly. The only thing mid tier about us is the pies at half time.

Who the fuck said Arsenal are a mid tier team? You mean the team that has qualfied for the CL the last 20 years in a row? The team that came from 2-0 down to win in a FA final? Don't be so fucking silly. The only thing mid tier about us is the pies at half time.
And how many times have Arsenal won the Champions League?

And how many times have Arsenal won the Champions League?

How many women have you slept with?

Probably less times than Arsene Wenger has won the league. He went 49 games undefeated, have you slept with that many women?

No?

The CL is irrelevant. The domestic game is where it is at. The FA cup is the world's oldest tournament and it's prestigious to win it. We will win 2 in a row.

How many women have you slept with?

Probably less times than Arsene Wenger has won the league. He went 49 games undefeated, have you slept with that many women?

No?

The CL is irrelevant. The domestic game is where it is at. The FA cup is the world's oldest tournament and it's prestigious to win it. We will win 2 in a row.
Lol.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Friends, I want a team that is mid tier but has potential to contend. A team that has the potential to suck horribly and be great at the same time. I want the sweet and sour baby.
Do people have teams across multiple leagues or do you mainly stick to one team. I don't normally like sports but I LOVE the fuck out of the World Cup. I want in on the day to day action now.

i'd say west ham, but we're about to get in rafa benitez, move to the london atheltics bowl and get top four on the reg.

better off with a mid table club like MK spurs.

Good to see FootyGaf back in time to watch Fellaini merk another pair of fullbacks

Sounds like Liverpool, but with more of an emphasis on sucking horribly and less on being great.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Arsenal are getting trashed tomorrow and will fall to 4th. That team has done nothing to earn benefit of the doubt.

Blablurn

Good Bye Stevie G.

Was never really a big fan of him but he belongs to a generation that is slowly vanishing. He played at a time where football wasn't dominated by CR7 or Messi. Where Italian teams where on top of the world. Where Edgar Davids and Thierry Henry were on the cover of football video games.

Now he's gone too.

It's a shame that Liverpool is where its at now. They seem so far away from the rest of the EPL. And without participating in the CL it's going to be even harder to compete. Especially since Man Utd is back again.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Premier League- Liverpool or Arsenal

Liga BBVA- I saw a Barca game last time I was in Spain so maybe them?

Serie A TIM- Parma?

Bundesliga- Dortmund, Wolfburg or Leverkusen

Are any of those teams for dick riders or have shittier fanbases than the usual shit fans?

We are almost there, friendos. I am almost a certified cunt.

Blablurn

Serie A TIM- Parma?

Are any of those teams for dick riders or have shittier fanbases than the usual shit fans?

Dortmund is well known for its shitty fanbase. I wouldn't support them if I were you. The rest looks legit.

FootballFan

Serie A TIM- Parma?

M8, go with one club.

People were recommending Parma as a joke lol.

There are too many games to keep up with 5 different teams and all the news etc.

Arsenal is all you need. They play in the most entertaining and easily accessible league in the world and are a gr8 club m8

Watch them play manutd in 10 hours time. You will fall in love other Wenger.

Serie A TIM- Parma?

Supporting Barcelona is supporting child abuse, if that is your thing, then go ahead. Parma however is a very good club, rich history and a great future ahead.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
M8, go with one club.

People were recommending Parma as a joke lol.

There are too many games to keep up with 5 different teams and all the news etc.

Arsenal is all you need. They play in the most entertaining and easily accessible league in the world and are a gr8 club m8

Watch them play manutd in 10 hours time. You will fall in love other Wenger.

How about I knock it down to 2. I think Arsenal will be my PL choice because the only friend I have that watches football likes them so I will have at least one person to chat with.

Liga BBVA or Bundesliga?

How about I knock it down to 2. I think Arsenal will be my PL choice because the only friend I have that watches football likes them so I will have at least one person to chat with.

Liga BBVA or Bundesliga?

Allsvenskan is a very underrated league about to explode. Become a football hipster and experience the rise of Swedish dominance.

FootballFan

Liga BBVA or Bundesliga?

Both entertaining leagues with good teams, la liga the better of the 2(football quality wise).

I don't really know how one goes about choosing teams since I didn't have option of choosing. I'm assuming just watching a few games would give you a good idea.

if you go with a team in la liga, just stay away from Real Madrid and you're alright. They have a disgusting and corrupt history with some of the most call of duty like fan base you'll ever see.

Welcome

Who do you support which
honestly I can't call my self a supporter of any team becuase I watch it sporadically, but a friend of mine has recently tuned me into MLS and I'll probably follow that and PL next season. But off the top of my head I'd probably say Chivas, Arsenal, and Juventus (I've dug them for a while now, not being a bandwagoner).

FootballFan

honestly I can't call my self a supporter of any team becuase I watch it sporadically, but a friend of mine has recently tuned me into MLS and I probably follow closely PL next season. But of the top of my head I'd probably say Chivas, Arsenal, and Juventus (I've dug them for a while now, not being a bandwagoner).

Incredible.

Enjoy the final m8.

The Juve fans we had here before the lock were the coolest group. I wonder if they'll be back

jtb

Banned
I don't really post in community megathreads much outside of this one; are those community rules (ie. no movie talk) for all community threads or is Footy-gaf in some probation-type situation due to recent violations?

I'd like to save myself a banning or two, if possible.

I don't really post in community megathreads much outside of this one; are those community rules (ie. no movie talk) for all community threads or is Footy-gaf in some probation-type situation due to recent violations?

Just us. Similar to Barca's transfer ban is how I look at it.

FootballFan

Always been a lurker here, but I sure missed this. Good to have you guys back! :D

Welcome, good to have you here.

I don't rhery post in community megathreads much outside of this one; are those community rules (ie. no movie talk) for all community threads or is Footy-gaf in some probation-type situation due to recent violations?

I don't know, you'll probably have to pm a mod about it

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
As the biggest Arsenal fan in this community, I can't wait to see them beat...*googles schedule* Manchester United. Man U is a bunch of punk ass weiners.

FootballFan

Oh, hey! This is happening 20mins from my place. I don't know shit about A league, though. Only been a few months since I moved here. Who are the favourites?

I think it will be an even game, not much really separates the 2 but Melbourne will be slight favourites.

I don't follow it too closely either but close enough to know a bit haha. I live in New Zealand, so it is the only football I can watch at normal times haha.

Hi, I am a Chelsea, Bayern, and Barca fan. Please add me to the OP

Please add Shanks to Chelsea, D to Bayern, and Zoro to Barca.

Thank you.

I think it will be an even game, not much really separates the 2 but Melbourne will be slight favourites.

I don't follow it too closely either but close enough to know a bit haha. I live in New Zealand, so it is the only football I can watch at normal times haha.

Hmm, it's free to air on SBS. I'll watch. Go Melbourne! I guess. It's a great day for a game too, after shitty weather most of the week. And yeah, following the premier league has been a nightmare since I moved to Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom