• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennywise

jlFumIV.jpg

Dat Nutella.
The german national team surely enjoys their
breakfast.

Fintan

No, we wouldn't. He left us in a worse state than he found us and we were in bad shape when he did. He keeps going on about 10th but I think we were 6 points above relegation that season and we went from 15th to 10th on the last day thanks to Newcastle throwing away a 3-0 scoreline against WBA.

He spent a LOT of money at SAFC and we went nowhere. He's spent a LOT of money at Hull and they're more likely to be back where he found them (a league below!) when he's sacked.
I think he never fully got the backing of the Sunderland fans because he was a Newcastle lad. That was the main problem. They were never truly behind him.

Very good and interesting article

BREAKFAST WELL
This is the most important meal of the day – particularly if you’re exercising.

Julie recommends ­porridge topped with milled linseeds, banana or berries, a wholewheat bagel with nut butter and banana, or eggs.

She says: “Sugary cereals make your energy levels dip and block the body’s ability to burn fat.

"If you swap these for oats you are getting B ­vitamins and ­minerals, which ­provide sustained slow-release energy, keeping you fuller for longer.

“Eggs are a popular choice among athletes. Before training, poached eggs or scrambled eggs on toast will provide a great energy boost.

"When Philip was playing he always had scrambled eggs or omelette for his pre-match meal.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/dieting/eat-like-premier-league-footballer-2283280

What do you guys normally eat for breakfast?

funkypie

Banned
The battle for the wenger trophy begins at 4. Who will win? Will it be arsenal who bottle it every time they play the swamp? Or will van gales philosophy prevail over wengers pass the parcel approach to football.

Either way someone is going home today in 4th place.

FINALLY GUYS, I HAVE BEEN A LURKER FOR YEARS AND WHEN I WAS FINALLY ABLE TO REGISTER NEOGAF THE THREAD WENT DOWN.

Add me in as a Benfica supporter

I also really like Chelsea and Real Madrid

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Can someone give me a brief rundown on how transfers work? Is it pretty much just trading players permanently? Are they on loan for a certain period of time? I think I have a vague idea of how it works but it seems confusing as fuck.

moojito

Can someone give me a brief rundown on how transfers work? Is it pretty much just trading players permanently? Are they on loan for a certain period of time? I think I have a vague idea of how it works but it seems confusing as fuck.

Manager walks into a club, drops a cheque so big it bends the table and points to a player.

Nope, you outright buy a player. Sometimes they do a cash and player for one player deal.

Loans are typically for a season. Usually for young players or older players who have not fit into a club, but nobody wants to buy.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Fun game between City and Swansea, great performances by Hart and Yaya. What a loaded schedule today I wish I could stay awake to watch it all.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Except be the best team in England since Xmas.

They arent going to lose to both Sunderland and WBA.
I want to believe, Arsenal have moments of beautiful football and are a couple of class players from true contention. Yet these are the moments when they gag it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom