• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnet87

Rafael already hurt, Carrick out til October/November. This is very close to the starting 11. It's a shame We couldn't play against premier league teams the entire preseason, would have shown van Gaal a lot more of the bad then the good.

King_Moc

Banned
Only saw it first time. Thought he won the ball first, not seen it from that angle.

Jones gets a touch, but doesn't take the ball away from Sterling. I'd have thought the rules say no penalty. The disallowed one was a penalty for me though, so whatever.

Lallana's injured, Lovren didn't get a visa, Markovic isn't being risked, Origi went back to Lille, Can most likely on second half.

Gotcha. I wanted to see Markovic.

Hard to keep track of all of the goings on when my club is signing a player every other day

Tubie

Beckham is an idiot to have a MLS team in Miami. It's a waste of money. Nobody in Miami is going to give a shit.

If you build it, they will come. That's the mentality in the US right now when it comes to Football.

I think all this rapid MLS expansion will end in a crash and only the real football cities in America will survive.

sohois

Doesn't matter how good Herrara ever is, one player can't do anything against a top team midfield like Liverpool. Maybe with a more competent partner he would look better.

For united, he just needs to add some impetus and creativity against the weaker teams to be a success for them, though he may always be overvalued. Need to keep him away from defensive duties though as he looks to have a fair few fouls in him

Willkiller said:
Gotcha. I wanted to see Markovic.

Hard to keep track of all of the goings on when my club is signing a player every other day

I'm sure most Liverpool fans wanted to see Markovic as well.

Doesn't matter how good Herrara ever is, one player can't do anything against a top team midfield like Liverpool. Maybe with a more competent partner he would look better.

For united, he just needs to add some impetus and creativity against the weaker teams to be a success for them, though he may always be overvalued. Need to keep him away from defensive duties though as he looks to have a fair few fouls in him

He's like Scholes in that department, actually maybe a bit better than Scholes.

Antti

I'm watching a Sky Sports 1 stream. Who were these dumbass analysts during half-time?

Talking about slow build-up football and how the fans at Old Trafford are not gonna like it. The build-up hasn't been that slow and even a slow possession game can be exciting. Besides, after last season the fans at Old Trafford are gonna be foaming at the mouth by any game plan that brings us wins.

The other guy even made a point about how this system won't utilize the wings. From what I've seen, it very much does. Obviously not to the extent as fucking Moyes, but still.

Fergie

Banned
Chicha lol. He should just stick to simple passing.

This pressing is fucking up the team. Can't handle it at all.

Jarnet87

Latinos in Miami are very different from Latinos in California, it's a huge risk.

This. You've got a lot of cuban/dominican/puerto ricanpeople who don't give a fuck about soccer, but they do adopt the local teams if they are good. Then you've got Central and South American people who care a lot more about the big name teams/ or their teams back home and couldn't care less about a local Soccer team.

bud

poor lambert. has bomb written all over him.

at least he's living out the dream of playing for liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom