• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Meh half.

Dodgy pen (imo) and no real chances.

Get Fletcher off for Cleverley. Shinji for Hernandez.

DrearyBruisedHypsilophodon.gif

Really?

Thoughts at half time:

At the start we were absolutely terrible.
Then got a bit more confident and saw the ball more
The defense sucks. If LVG doesn't buy some new CBs after this I don't know.
Fletcher, love him, but he can't play that role for us on a regular basis. And if he gets injured, we are royally fucked.

Mata, Rooney look great. Herrera likes to get in there, which I like and looks comfortable on the ball, hasn't done anything special but the talent is there.

Young, whatever the fuck are we feeding him.

Shaw has looked good since coming on.

De GOAT is De GOAT

Gerrard is a cunt

So, to summarize:
Buy 2 CBs
Buy a CM/DM

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Fletch terrible, back 3 risky and Chicha looks like he is already off

RiggyRob

The worrying part for United is, unlike Liverpool, this is very close to the first 11

Eh, you could make the case for Rafael, RvP, Carrick and Januzaj all starting instead, which is about equal with Liverpool (Sturridge, Flanagan, Lucas(?), Moreno).

I think we've done ok, not great though. It's painfully obvious that neither Smalling nor Jones can pass well enough, and Fletcher's been off the pace, but I like the look of Herrera and Shaw.

While Jones DOES GET A TOUCH on the ball

that tackle was needless, shows bad judgement skills (which we already know he has), risky, and yea. The back 3 have been terrible, just nothing more to say.

They need to know when to play out from the back vs. when to just fucking hoof it. We got into trouble 3 times because we are passing it around while pool is closing defenders down.

LVG should be concerned about that defence.

Evans and Jones always have a mistake in them. One being over-timid, the other over-aggressive.

Young's crossing is actually competent this season but he looks a liability around his own box. Valencia's maybe a little bit of the reverse. And Rafael is always injured.

Whatever else, Smalling keeps a cool head. Shaw too.

herrera.

he's obviously technicalleh sound.

but other than that, i'm not really seeing it.

Been making some good runs that have gone ignored and tried to whip up urgency by initiating short passes. Hopefully the team gets on his wavelength more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom