• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

Michael Gooner ‏@MickTheGooner 8h

AS claim Arsenal have made a £51m bid for Cavani which PSG will accept, provided they can sign Di Maria. However, Metro is their source. :(

LOL The smiley face at the end when he mentions Metro as the source.

Thanks for the info. Russian football is coming together, but they need to do better in Europe. Zenit are your main hope.

Performing well in Europe this season is key. We're right neck and neck with France in the UEFA coefficients. If we finish ahead of them them we'll get a 3rd CL spot. Need Dinamo and Loko to do well in Europa.

Also dat Zenfica will carry us to the CL quarters this season. I can feel it.

BvBbXhCCMAApjUX.jpg

Scum

D:

According to ornstein Parish/Pulis have had clashes of personality and opinions for a while. Deteriorated over the summer apparently as Pulis wants experienced players and Parish is a budget man. Always laugh at these clubs, what to be in the pl for the money but don't want go spend the required money to stay in the league.

More money in Parish kitty funds, innit. How else will he pay for his mistress.

Meier

This is getting serious

Chicha is wearing the most Mexican shirt ever in that photo. I can't stop laughing.

There's apparently going to be an "exclusive" announcement at City Live. Aguero extending his contract seems like a decent bet. He or Dzeko as both are in the works.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Let's Be Cops is fucking horrific. saw it for free a month ago, they were handing out passes to pre-release screenings like candy because even the studio knows it's garbage. unfunny and just really really boring.

But Nina Dobrev is hot :( I want her to be successful and happy :(

Batongen

Banned
Wooden, I'm guessing Antonsson is expecting to retire soon, because I just saw him get tagged for a sports insurance company on my Facebook feed. Which footballers consider doing such a thing if you are not fragile and old???

Lightning

Banned
C. Palace are buggered against your mob on Sat. evening. They don't need this just 2 days before season.
Doubt it matters much for that game. Pulis will have already set everything up there, assistant manager follows through what Pulis set up. Done.

I don't think it's a case of letting him go. If there are clashes something is gonna budge.

Well unless Pulis is being unreasonable and the club literally can't do it, I would go well out of my way to give him everything and anything he wants.

He did a great job last season and Palace could stay in the league for years with him in charge just like Stoke did.

Who would replace him? Moyes...?

Manager

Chris Slater @chrisslaterMEN · 4m
The season review gets to Liverpool's loss to Chelsea. Obligatory outing of the Steven Gerrard song #CityLive

Sounds like they're having a good time, events like these are a fantastic idea. Wish I lived in England.

Well unless Pulis is being unreasonable and the club literally can't do it, I would go well out of my way to give him everything and anything he wants.

He did a great job last season and Palace could stay in the league for years with him in charge just like Stoke did.

Who would replace him? Moyes...?
The one

The only

Roberto Di Matteo

Champions League winner returns to London.

Meier

Wow, that's a bit of a shocker. Thierry Ambrose won Academy Player of the Year over Marcos Lopes and Jason Denayer (as well as Shay Facey). Ambrose had an insanely good year for the U-18s, but you figure they'd give it to a bigger name who is at the U-21 level. Hopefully he continues to develop!

Manager

Wow, that's a bit of a shocker. Thierry Ambrose won Academy Player of the Year over Marcos Lopes and Jason Denayer (as well as Shay Facey). Ambrose had an insanely good year for the U-18s, but you figure they'd give it to a bigger name. Hopefully he continues to develop!

Marcos Lopes got EDS Player of the Year. Think Academy is for U18 and younger?

Meier

Marcos Lopes got EDS Player of the Year. Think Academy is for U18 and younger?

No, those 3 names I mentioned were the other nominees. It could be that they prefer to go with a U-18 player though.. hard to say. Denis Suarez (RIP in peace) won it the year prior while at the U-21 level.

Manager

No, those 3 names I mentioned were the other nominees. It could be that they prefer to go with a U-18 player though.. hard to say. Denis Suarez (RIP in peace) won it the year prior while at the U-21 level.

Didn't Marcos Lopes win EDS last year and James Horsfield won Academy? Horsfield isn't even that talented I think.

No you dont m8

I guess the grass is always greener but being in far northern Europe it feels like you're missing out on so much awesome stuff. People in England can enjoy both their fantastic country (and nature) and still have only a few hours to other cool countries. Football, ocean, warmer climate (though a bit of rain), great entertainment with awesome concerts, visiting other UK countries etc.

Meier

Didn't Marcos Lopes win EDS last year and James Horsfield won Academy? Horsfield isn't even that talented I think.

Ohhh, good call! I think you're right, they might split it into two. That makes a lot of sense -- in fact, I just double checked and you are definitely right. Fofana was the 4th nominee for the EDS player of the year.

Manager

Ohhh, good call! I think you're right, they might split it into two. That makes a lot of sense -- in fact, I just double checked and you are definitely right. Fofana was the 4th nominee for the EDS player of the year.

I remember thinking that there seemed to be no one THAT talented besides of Lopes in the youth teams, maybe Rekik but he had no experience. Now suddenly they're on loan in Celtic, PSV and Lille and promised game time, amazing.

Jason Denayer at Celtic feels so random though, guess the Scottish Premiership isn't all that.

jtb

Banned
wonder where Pulis will end up, a lot of clubs are probably looking to sack their managers at the first sign of trouble now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom