• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnet87

Indykaila tweeted a World Exclusive coming up for United at 9 PM. Dat feel when every writer has been just as clueless and have fallen to the credibility of Indykaila.

Massive ITK innit. His word may as well be set in stone, it's happenededing.

Meier

I remember thinking that there seemed to be no one THAT talented besides of Lopes in the youth teams, maybe Rekik but he had no experience. Now suddenly they're on loan in Celtic, PSV and Lille and promised game time, amazing.

Jason Denayer at Celtic feels so random though, guess the Scottish Premiership isn't all that.

We have two other guys at Motherwell (or the second will be there shortly, can't recall) also now. Outside of Celtic, I'd imagine most of the teams are League 1 talent level at best.. but it's definitely going to be more competitive than League 1 I think since it's top flight. It's good to see, hopefully these guys get some decent minutes.

Carbonox

1274779903_glen-big-baby-davis-tongue.gif

Manager

Chris Slater @chrisslaterMEN · 2m
Yaya Toure wins Player of the Season. #CityLiveGreat line from Supporters Club chief Kevin Parker who said the award was the "icing on the cake." Ba dum tisch. #CityLive

icIOoInZD1SkQ.png

We have two other guys at Motherwell (or the second will be there shortly, can't recall) also now. Outside of Celtic, I'd imagine most of the teams are League 1 talent level at best.. but it's definitely going to be more competitive than League 1 I think since it's top flight. It's good to see, hopefully these guys get some decent minutes.

Wasn't it St Mirren? Ellis Plummer had a great game round after last there (not so great yesterday's match). Think Drury is gonna join him too.
At least it will give them experience to play in front of tens of thousands.

LAM09

Performing well in Europe this season is key. We're right neck and neck with France in the UEFA coefficients. If we finish ahead of them them we'll get a 3rd CL spot. Need Dinamo and Loko to do well in Europa.

Also dat Zenfica will carry us to the CL quarters this season. I can feel it.

BvBbXhCCMAApjUX.jpg

Zenfica. LOL!

They have to do the business this year. AVB's future will be on the line aswell.

Meier

Btw, Marcos did win the EDS player of the year again. No surprise there!

Wasn't it St Mirren? Ellis Plummer had a great game round after last there (not so great yesterday's match). Think Drury is gonna join him too.
At least it will give them experience to play in front of tens of thousands.
Yep, that's it! I swear someone else was linked to Motherwell, but maybe I've just made that up. Would be funny if we had guys at 3 teams in the SPL.

sohois

I could certainly see Pulis getting pissed with the transfer situation at Palace. They've made about £2.5 million worth of transfers on 3 players - Frasier Campbell(who was relegated), Brede Hangeland(who was relegated) and Martin Kelly, who has played about 5 games in the past 2 seasons.

There is only so far a manager can go when even newly promoted clubs are spending £20mil+ a season.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I could certainly see Pulis getting pissed with the transfer situation at Palace. They've made about £2.5 million worth of transfers on 3 players - Frasier Campbell(who was relegated), Brede Hangeland(who was relegated) and Martin Kelly, who has played about 5 games in the past 2 seasons.

There is only so far a manager can go when even newly promoted clubs are spending £20mil+ a season.

he deserved more. They were going down and he dragged them to a respectable finish in 6 months.

Meier

I believe Sergio's last contract was only until 2017 so this is a pretty nice little extension.

Moreno at Melwood
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/10565159_827307030634641_7839389017394002538_n.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Nice dress on the lady. I expect Brendan has snuck in a few of these before.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3fBHyCD.jpg

Clegg

Meanwhile De Gea only has two years left on his current contract. And we have a poor squad. And have made the least amount of signings in the league. And Wayne Rooney is our captain.

sohois

he deserved more. They were going down and he dragged them to a respectable finish in 6 months.

You can understand why Palace might be nervous about giving big money to Pulis given his wasteful spending at Stoke, but I don't know what they are thinking with their current strategy.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Meanwhile De Gea only has two years left on his current contract. And we have a poor squad. And have made the least amount of signings in the league. And Wayne Rooney is our captain.

It is quite interesting just how bad this window has been. I have not been overly impressed by Herrera either, or Shaw. Early days on the both though, but we need some big impact players sharpish.

Arnie

And you have a fucking nutcase at the helm.

Read the FourFourTwo piece on Gaal whilst sunbathing today. Man is an egotistical psychopath.

Doesn't have the oodles of youth talent to supplement the squad here, either.

Manager

Congrats! Thats great for City.

Thanks! The whole core is now tied up:
Hart - 2019 (Rumoured)
Kompany - 2019
Mangala - 2019
Zabaleta - 2017
Kolarov - 2018
Fernando - 2018
Fernandinho - 2018
Yaya Toure - 2017
Silva - 2019
Nasri - 2019
Aguero - 2019
Negredo - 2017
Jovetic - 2018
Dzeko - 2018 (Rumoured)

Slizz

Egotistical and talking bout LVG, :lol

It's been said by every Dutch poster here already and it's part of what makes him as good as he is.

Obviously we are fucking up on the new signing front but he didn't have a proper preseason with the club and the variable known as Wooders.

Egotistical.....

brentonrogersportrait.jpg

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks! The whole core is now tied up:
Hart - 2019 (Rumoured)
Kompany - 2019
Mangala - 2019
Zabaleta - 2017
Kolarov - 2018
Fernando - 2018
Fernandinho - 2018