• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Saints done well at denying Liverpool's attacking players space to turn and drive at them

Liverpool also look quite brittle at the back

If I were Rogers I would wanna take Lucas off (probably for Can) and would increase the tempo, Coutinho has barely played facing the Saints goal

LTWheels

Southampton have done very well in denying space and passes to Coutinho and Sterling. I think Henderson is too out wide in the formation. I want to see him more on the ball centrally.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Think Liverpool have been disappointing, but I dont think Southampton have the quality to punish them.

Hixx

"Ladies and gentlemen, we've got some, umm, err, half time, erm, entertainment coming up"

Even he sounds like he wants to die.

Arnie

Good half.

We've done okay for the first game of the season.

Had more of the ball. Scored a lovely goal. Had a couple of bevys.

All good. Blow up ref. I want full time.

Our midfield done very good job of stopping Liverpools.

Pelle looks abit isolated as an effect of that.
With the way they're playing you'd expect a poacher up front, instead there's a target man with no players anywhere near him when in possession. I bet Koeman will fix that next half though.

Need Rodgers to fire a rocket up their arses, been treading water for 15 minutes. Struggling to get Sterling and Coutinho on the ball facing goal with space to run into. Might be worth putting one of them wider just to seperate Wanyama and Schneiderlin a bit so the other one gets more space. Bit worried about Manquillo's booking, he's clearly been targetted for Tadic to isolate him, run at him and make him uncomfortable.

JWP's set pieces are hit at huge speed.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I really hate this Barclays advert, ive taught kids soccer before, if they are injured and hobbling you take them off, fuck what they say or their parents opinions. You dont fucking clap them for hobbling back on.

Ires the blood

GQman2121

Banned
Well that really flew by. Not a lot of talking points other than the goal.

Coutinho and the LFC midfield--not including Henderson's assist--has been average at best. Saints deserve some credit for that because they clearly have a plan here, but obviously you expect a bit more given the gap in quality. First game jitters.

I think the crowd is being timid because they're nervous after how last seasons run ended. I'm sure they'll come alive if and when the action picks up.

3Sixty

I really hate this Barclays advert, ive taught kids soccer before, if they are injured and hobbling you take them off, fuck what they say or their parents opinions. You dont fucking clap them for hobbling back on.

Ires the blood

It was a knock. He'll be fine.

Lakitu

st5fu
Hopefully Can comes on for Lucas who hasn't really done anything. Southampton have played well though, credit to them. They've really stifled us, I have a feeling we'll be seeing that a lot at Anfield this season.

Blablurn

BvPlCk2IMAAPbkA.jpg:large

solid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom