• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Nice job by LFC at keeping the ball those last few minutes to kill it. I only watched the final 10 or so minutes including stoppage and it seemed like the refs weren't calling any fouls. Was it pretty chippy the whole match? Obviously some bad blood between those teams -- well, at least from Soton's perspective.

Labadal

Embarassing play.
Embarrasing atmosphere.
Ref missed Hendos backpass to Mig.

Had Southampton played any team but us, I would have felt sorry for them.

The good thing? We lost this game this year.

Get fucking in. My heart, oooff.

PowderedToast

no reason why allen shouldn't have started, he offers so much more than lucas. hope that little experiment is over now. johnson the same, he's a detriment to the defence and the attack breaks up when he's involved.

L1NETT

Good sign when you play badly and still win

I want the mugs who said Saints could be relegated to have a written letter of apology on my desk by monday

ta

Johnson needs to be shipped off to the MLS. Nowhere near good enough.

H1PSTER

Well this isn't funny now...

8Gmwyl5.png

doicare

And yet another game where the difference between winning or not just comes down to dumb luck, first Arsenal and now Liverpool while United continue to get no luck at all.

GQman2121

Banned
That ended up being a really fun, well contest match. LFC fortunate to get out with max points.

Good signs from Saints though. They'll be fine this year if this is how Koeman is going to have them prepared.

Garjon

i'd rather play a youth team member or one of our CBS at that position than let that liability on the pitch

Yes, I'm not even sure Tadic was that good or if it was just the effect of playing against Johnson.

Also I take credit for that Long miss near the end.

Garjon said:
Shane Long always scores against us. And by always, I mean a couple of times in recent history.

I hope Moreno will be avaliable next time, drop Johnson and that will help the defence a lot. Dropping Lucas too, a DM that did so poorly today :/.

Walshy

Lucas and Johnson really need to be sold.

Johnson is on £110,000 p/w. Has been our worst player for about two seasons and offers nothing going forward, a shambles defensively, and along with Skrtel, is prone to the majority of our individual errors. I'd rather have Cissokho there.

He is our third choice right-back and fourth choice left-back, just fucking terminate his contract.

Lucas hasn't been the same since his injury.

TrueBlue

Those are the wins that can prove decisive come the end of the season.

Arsenal and Liverpool showing the clank already. Wonder if City and Chelsea will follow suit.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I think Newcastle will beat City, perhaps even 2-0

Garjon

I hope Moreno will be avaliable next time, drop Johnson and that will help the defence a lot. Dropping Lucas too, a DM that did so poorly today :/.

I'm a little bit surprised Allen didn't start, he's been better than Lucas for a while now.

And yes the atmosphere today was embarrassing, though the fans didn't exactly have a lot of shout about, very nervy from everyone today.

fuenf

Bernat looking good, Götze playing awesome, Lewandowski really does look like the perfect striker for Pep's system... wtf is going, I'm beginning to get hyped for the season

GorillaJu

My FPL target is 60 points per week... with Hazard and Costa still to play and Sterling (and possibly Henderson's) bonus points still to come, I feel pretty good about hitting that.

L1NETT

What do United need to get more luck dear doicare

Every player has to be given a four leaf clover and stick it to their kit

Every player is numbered 8

They must carry a rabbit's foot and horseshoes onto the pitch before the game.

How else can United win football matches

It's about LUCK not tactics/players/tempo/desire/ability/chemistry/leadership

LUCK

Labadal

Raheem saying we were lucky. But also says the win is what matters.

Sturridge tells the interviewer he has to step up. Results matter.

Fuck MotD. We get everything immediately after the game.

Arnie

We jibbed it just like Arsenal and Spurs, so I won't have any funny bollocks from them.

These first matches are difficult, players aren't fully fit, teams haven't properly gelled.

Either way we have that Battleship mentality and we fly on to City three points to the good. I said I wanted six points out of the opening three so this is a great start.

Yen

Agree on the Lucas and Johnson shouts. Manquillo seems like a solid shout, and Hendo/Can/Allen/Coutz are all vastly superior to Lucas. Yet I fear Rodgers will keep both around because they both have CL experience.

Mastadon

Banned
My FPL target is 60 points per week... with Hazard and Costa still to play and Sterling (and possibly Henderson's) bonus points still to come, I feel pretty good about hitting that.

I'm on 48pts with Costa, Fabregas and Premier Ass to play. I had Studge as captain, should have gone with Sterling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom