• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
You daft clitoris

Hue hue hue

Every player has to be given a four leaf clover and stick it to their kit

Every player is numbered 8

They must carry a rabbit's foot and horseshoes onto the pitch before the game.

How else can United win football matches

It's about LUCK not tactics/players/tempo/desire/ability/chemistry/leadership

LUCK

Ill contribute to the cause and pull a little indigenous rain dance for the LVGeneration

Yen

What a flipping save by Mignolet near the end though to deflect it onto the bar.

sterling can get 15 goals this year, what a player

I predicted 20 lg goals, but going by his current form he's on course for 38 goals and 38 assists.
279-new-moon-with-face.png

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
Lucky win there, hopefully that is the end of both Johnson & Lucas as starters. Joe Allen was sorely missed for the first hour of the game, it's no coincidence that the only period of dominance we had, was when Joe came on until the second goal.

Good for Sterling and Sturridge to both get off the mark, but both will face more attention this season without Suarez on the field to worry the opposition.

Good game from Southampton deserved more out of the game.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Like you weren't before. Pls. PLS.

Lool Bayern fans are genuinely hilarious, in a bad absurd way.

They have Pep, Lewy, recent WC and CL winners, and they can't 'get excited'

Maybe football isn't for you then.

We have Allegri, an injured bench player is our 'big signing' and we've signed fucking Evra...yet I'm still excited!

Labadal

Btw, Coutinho was invisible today.

Henderson did well.

Sterling and Sturridge saved us even if they didn't have a great game.

Manquilo was decent.

Lovren, Skrtel and Mignolet looked shaky.

Gerrard is old.

Lucas and Johnson should be brought back to the back and be dealt with.

Scum

Starting a new game on FM. Maybe I should be Southampton. How do I edit it so the new players are in the PL?

You can use the pre game editor. It should be in Library -> Tools in Steam. You can also visit sites like Sortitoutsi and FMScout. People normally tend to have updated databases stored on there.

GorillaJu

I'm on 48pts with Costa, Fabregas and Premier Ass to play. I had Studge as captain, should have gone with Sterling.

Premier Ass always starts the season so well, I just couldn't invest the 7 million in him with how many seemingly 1st team defenders Chelsea has.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Having Pep is a legit cause of grief, yogurtsan

He plays the most fucking boring brand of anti-football and he's an egotistical maniac but at least he's a proven manager with a solid proven doping record

We have Allegri

ALLEGRI

He fucking MURDERED Morata in his first training session

WHY THE FUCK DO 5 PLAYERS START WALKING WHEN THE BALL GOES INTO THE BOX?!

And why the fuck does Fonte duck out of the way of the ball or our winner? That match was full to the brim with idiocy, and laziness on our part. Lucas shouldn't have a future with us. He's lost it. Champions League experience means fuck all when it's not backed up with ability.

Coutinho was crap. Struggled to get involved for an hour, and nothing went right for him when he started finding the space he needs.

With the next 2 fixtures, 3 points was nearly everything today. That was a very worrying performance though, and makes me sceptical of our chances of getting 1 point in the next 2 games, let alone 3, 4 or 6. Nothing productive on the flanks, no consistent threat in attack, constant pressure at the back. Easily shut down in every area basically. When we scored first last season, it gave us momentum to score more. Today, it just spurred Southampton on and made us start playing like a newly promoted team.

Thank fuck for Mignolet, and Skrtel running across goal to force Long to aim for the corner. I imagine once the relief settles, Rodgers will have hours of analysis to do from that game.

And thank fuck for Sterling. Didn't have the best game, but was basically the difference between 0 points and 3.

I know I should be happier with the win than I am

He plays the most fucking boring brand of anti-football and he's an egotistical maniac but at least he's a proven manager with a solid proven doping record

We have Allegri

ALLEGRI

Imagine if United had replaced Moyes with Allegri

We have Allegri

ALLEGRI

And that's just in the first month. Imagine what Vinovo will look like in December.

GorillaJu

Btw, Coutinho was invisible today.

Henderson did well.

Sterling and Sturridge saved us even if they didn't have a great game.

Manquilo was decent.

Lovren, Skrtel and Mignolet looked shaky.

Gerrard is old.

Lucas and Johnson should be brought back to the back and be dealt with.

Our problems were mostly midfield fluidity, I thought. Seems unfair to lay blame at the feet of Skrtel or Lovren, when they had to do much more work than a center back pairing should be responsible for. And I thought they looked assured and rather organized - it was the midfield backing off and shuffling back, giving Southampton openings to attack that invited so much pressure for us.

We had the majority of possession, we should have just done better with the ball. Allen coming in, and especially Lambert brought us back into the game, because it put Raheem in the center and we just were much more productive with the ball.

Outside of a few minor moments, Lucas was poor and Johnson was god awful. :(

Henderson was not just solid

He was floating. Shades of Pirlo

He was great. <3

Arnie

I have Gylfi, Ramsey and Sterling.

Luis, Fabregas and Costa (captain) still to play.

Defence let me down. Fuck knows why I chose a Manchester United keeper.

Walshy

Lucky win there, hopefully that is the end of both Johnson & Lucas as starters. Joe Allen was sorely missed for the first hour of the game, it's no coincidence that the only period of dominance we had, was when Joe came on until the second goal.
I thought Rodgers got his subs right today. Allen came on and added that much needed injection of mobility in the midfield which Lucas failed to give. He was so slow and static today. It’s a shame that he has declined so much since his injury, when he was by far our best midfielder. I would seriously consider flogging him to Napoli or somewhere else in Italy and reinvest in another midfielder for cover.

Johnson just aggravates me. Awful player who has spent far too much time at Liverpool. I can see him being sold or used very sparingly this season when everyone is fit.

Lambert was good too.

I hate playing on Monday. I just want to see how we play. Argh. I have to assume Courtois will play. People are saying Felipe Luis won't start which is weird too.

Christ that Soton goal was lovely. Tadic is proper good, great buy. Very unfortunate today.

Really hope City play well, don't want us to be caught out. Newcastle have brought in some very decent players, don't think it'll be the 4-0 like last season. Silva and Zabaleta need to kill it today to rescue my fantasy team too.

Wearing my Jovetic jersey and a little kid told me I was cool and Jovetic was great.

Randdalf

I have Gylfi, Ramsey and Sterling.

Luis, Fabregas and Costa (captain) still to play.

Defence let me down. Fuck knows why I chose a Manchester United keeper.

Same here, hoping they stuff Burnley tomorrow. Knowing Chelsea though, it will probably be 0-0 and all of them end up booked.

DBT85

Liverpool fans complaining about a cheap win lol. Manchster supporters would die for one.

I'd have been more worried if we had beaten Swansea that Woowar wouldn't have spent anything. At least with a limp loss they might feel the need a bit more.

fuenf

Lool Bayern fans are genuinely hilarious, in a bad absurd way.

They have Pep, Lewy, recent WC and CL winners, and they can't 'get excited'

Maybe football isn't for you then.

We have Allegri, an injured bench player is our 'big signing' and we've signed fucking Evra...yet I'm still excited!

Yurt, too much good has happened. The CL win, the WorldCup win... it's hard to top that.

Walshy

Squawka Football @Squawka · 10m
Glen Johnson and Lucas Leiva didn't win a single tackle between them for Liverpool against Southampton today. #LFC

Clegg

At first I thought we could get away without signing a midfielder until January, but having watched the monstrosity that was Fletcher's performance yesterday, we desperately need another starting midfielder. And two cb's, a right back, a winger, and a left back.

Christ

L1NETT

Even my shitty little fantasy team is on 51 points with dem Chelsea players to play

Rivierieiee is gonna light it up

I can feel it

Cry me a rivierieirrie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom