• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Januzaj broke through into a helpless United team, with struggling players. Of course he's getting a game. Give them equal game time and I'm not sure there'd be much difference between the two.

Suso at 18/19 years of age played for a 7th place Liverpool side and didn't do as well as Adnan. That argument doesn't work. Suso also played in a 2013 Liverpool side that scored more goals than 2014 United which shows that attacking players found it even harder to shine in attack under Moyes than under Rodgers.

Gambit

Look, I know Bayonetta will be fun but why are some acting like this will be a hit.

It's Bayonetta. It'll be lucky if it sells 1 million copies.

a hit? I don't think many people actually expect a (financial) hit, but they do expect a potential Game of the Year, based on the quality of the first game. I count myself among them, because Bayonetta is incredible.

Blablurn

3,c=0,w=650.bild.jpg

Who is Sterling's rival for the Golden Boy award? Max Meyer maybe?

Eden Hazard ¬¬

Was a bit stunned by Robben's Bayern goal record which Blablurn (I think) posted earlier. Better than 1 in 2, and he from what I've seen he plays much more like a traditional wide man than players with similar records, though he obviously gets into the box on his stronger foot more than an out-and-out winger

Pennywise

How's his career going? I always assumed he was just one of those players where people go 'you think this guy's good, his little brother's even better!' before they go on to have a vastly inferior career :p

He's playing at a real club now, but the season just started.

He's at Gladbach and they're playing in the EL.

How's his career going? I always assumed he was just one of those players where people go 'you think this guy's good, his little brother's even better!' before they go on to have a vastly inferior career :p

He won't be better than Hazard. The real Hazard. He did really well in the Belgian league at 20/21, but it's the Belgian league.

Only players under the age of 21 can win the Golden Boy award so Eden can't win. Depay could possibly win it, but he really shouldn't over Sterling.

I saw Thorgan scored two in the EL so of course he'll be GOAT. He does seem alright though and I do hope that sometime we see both Hazards play in a Chelsea game.

I saw Thorgan scored two in the EL so of course he'll be GOAT. He does seem alright though and I do hope that sometime we see both Hazards play in a Chelsea game.

Chelsea should buy Kylian Hazard too just because. Imagine having 3 Hazards on the pitch. Might as well sign the fourth one up too, although I think he's only like 10.

Also why are you up this early, are you sick?

Chelsea should buy Kylian Hazard too just because. Imagine having 3 Hazards on the pitch. Might as well sign the fourth one up too, although I think he's only like 10.

Also why are you up this early, are you sick?

Would be hilarious. Nope! My sleep pattern fucked up so I went to my Nan's and was too tired to drive home so I stayed up til about 8pm and fell asleep on her couch haha.

TeddyBoy

Poor Sakho. Gets so much shit despite being the best CB we have.

Sakho may be the best individually, but I think having a better cb partnership is more important. Koscielny and Mertesacker are two good but not outstanding centre backs, they play well because they cover each other's weaknesses which hasn't really happened with any cb combination Liverpool have tried so far.

Yen

Sakho may be the best individually, but I think having a better cb partnership is more important. Koscielny and Mertesacker are two good but not outstanding centre backs, they play well because they cover each other's weaknesses which hasn't really happened with any cb combination Liverpool have tried so far.
Lovren - Sakho has only had one game, so we don't know how that'll turn out but a clean sheet against Spurs is a good start. Hopefully the proactive nature of Lovren means we can push up and more importantly don't crumble under pressure and start falling really deep into our defence.

Wilbur

Banned
Hixx I just woke up from the oddest dream.

I was basically looking for somewhere to get a drink so I went into Subway because it was the only place open and it was full of men in biker jackets and loads of staff doing breakfasts and stuff like an American diner and instead of just queuing normally you had to go to this counter which was round like a giant podium at the United Nations or something

And once you're there you had to speak to someone, and I was speaking to this quite camp guy who was asking me if I was depressed and I said no and he wasn't sure

So then I went to the toilet and while I was queuing two Sunderland fans in their t shirts and with their accents were standing outside. They let me go in and then one of them started kicking the door and it came off its hinges so when you opened it it opened the other way, you pushed the handle but it opened where the hinges are. One of the Sunderland fans said don't mind my mate and he just laughed and then I went for a wee and when I flushed brown water came up the top of the toilet and a yellow pages had blocked it.

When I left I asked for a coke and then I had to go back to the circular counter. The camp man was now wearing a Sunderland shirt underneath his biker jacket and a documentary filmmaker running around with a camera. The man said I would be back at this subway soon and then I woke up.

subtles

I've always blamed Skrtel's lack of communication, but Agger-Skrtel were quite solid not too long ago. Is it the keeper? The lack of a leader? Perhaps the coaching? You can't blame it on the system as we concede soft goals even at times that we have many players behind the ball.

We seem to deal with corners a lot better now, though. Maybe it'll come with time.

lol, pls gif Giroud and the Ox's face at the end

Someone else do it, leaving in a minute.

I was basically looking for somewhere to get a drink so I went into Subway because it was the only place open and it was full of men in biker jackets and loads of staff doing breakfasts and stuff like an American diner and instead of just queuing normally you had to go to this counter which was round like a giant podium at the United Nations or something

And once you're there you had to speak to someone, and I was speaking to this quite camp guy who was asking me if I was depressed and I said no and he wasn't sure

So then I went to the toilet and while I was queuing two Sunderland fans in their t shirts and with their accents were standing outside. They let me go in and then one of them started kicking the door and it came off its hinges so when you opened it it opened the other way, you pushed the handle but it opened where the hinges are. One of the Sunderland fans said don't mind my mate and he just laughed and then I went for a wee and when I flushed brown water came up the top of the toilet and a yellow pages had blocked it.

When I left I asked for a coke and then I had to go back to the circular counter. The camp man was now wearing a Sunderland shirt underneath his biker jacket and a documentary filmmaker running around with a camera. The man said I would be back at this subway soon and then I woke up.

I don't even know if I understand this.

3Sixty

When he first arrived at St Mary's, players were surprised that so little time was spent focusing on the opposition. The manager would only mention them for two or three minutes after the pre-match meal. No plans were made for specific players. Instead, Pochettino focused on his team, on his approach. It bred a confidence, a swagger. Whether Southampton were playing Manchester United away or Cardiff City at home, the preparations would stay the same in the week before. Formations were not discussed among the players, only shape. Pochettino talked about areas and fluidity but never the need to stay in a rigid 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2. It was innovative stuff and it worked.

Doesn't wenger get grilled for the same thing :lol

...what

Pzbcu1Y.gif

Lovren - Sakho has only had one game, so we don't know how that'll turn out but a clean sheet against Spurs is a good start. Hopefully the proactive nature of Lovren means we can push up and more importantly don't crumble under pressure and start falling really deep into our defence.

Getting Valdes would really, really help with letting us play a high line. Sakho is quick and Lovren is no slouch (Aguero makes most defenders look like Jan Molby when he peels off the shoulder), and the fullbacks are pace as well, but Mignolet's reluctance and, even worse, inconsistency in deciding when to leave his line forces the entire line to drop back 10 yards.

Imagine how intensely we could press with a higher line to mop up the loose touches bought about by the pressing in midfield

Honestly, I feel like people have made up their mind with Sakho. Obviously there is a big problem with his passing in that despite it's general quality (hidden beneath the bizarrely awkward technique), the ones he gets wrong tend to be absolutely terrible, and turnover possession in horrendously dangerous positions, with everyone out of position.

But all it takes is for him to do that once in a match, and it's regarded as a shite performance even if he does everything else well and we don't concede from it. Kinda like Skrtel in his first few years imo.

TeddyBoy

They kept a clean sheet but still made a few mistakes (mostly with balls in the air). Lovren only really plays left centre back but if he's happy to be played on the right then I'm welcome for him and Sakho to try and form a good partnership.

I've always blamed Skrtel's lack of communication, but Agger-Skrtel were quite solid not too long ago. Is it the keeper? The lack of a leader? Perhaps the coaching? You can't blame it on the system as we concede soft goals even at times that we have many players behind the ball.

We seem to deal with corners a lot better now, though. Maybe it'll come with time.

I think Reina kept Agger and Skrtel organised for the most part.

Yeah against Spurs we seemed to manage the game better. When Spurs were gaining a bit of momentum in the second half Rodgers made a substitution to help break up the play, they lost the momentum for a bit helping us reorganise and be ready for us to counter attack.

I noticed last year that in some games we really needed to force a break in play (through a substitution) to break up the opposing teams momentum against us, too many times would we do nothing and they'd inevitably get a goal against us. Thankfully we have a much stronger bench this year so this hopefully won't be a problem in the future.

Stayed up far too late watching Football. All to see that jammy git Russell Wilson pad his stats again. Ugh.

Adnan on loan looooooooooooool. Are you quite out of your mind.

Hummels would get max exposure in EPL EPL EPL. We need someone fast and strong who can read the game who is technically really good and also a leader. Can't think of anyone :(

Top Bottom