• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Scum

Look, I know Bayonetta will be fun but why are some acting like this will be a hit.

It's Bayonetta. It'll be lucky if it sells 1 million copies.

It'll be lucky to sell more than 100k copies. But that's not my problem. I'm getting mine in Oct. and that's, that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I guess banter must have died around here in the two weeks that I've been gone. :(

To answer your question, no you can't.

Sorry if I wanted inane team shit talking I would hang out in any Portuguese forum

And besides, what do you want me to say? You probably will shit all over us, if only for the much better squad, and much better coach while I'm at it

inky

For people who play FM, does anyone else avoid using wingers?

I haven't played in like a year, but no. I usually played 4-2-3-1 with wingers. That or 4-1-2-2-1 sacrificing an AM for an anchor or deep playmaker. I like what wingers give me, even better if they can cut inside and can double as Inside Forward. I don't like playing through the middle in FM, I feel like it hardly ever works out for me.

Scum

Oh no, it's fine.

Just took a look in the Bayonetta trailer thread. Some people are really deluding themselves.

Flutter, pls. It's gaming side. Most of them have long since given up on playing games. They just enter threads to spout out inane babble. They're nothing but bean counters nowadays.

Sorry if I wanted inane team shit talking I would hang out in any Portuguese forum

And besides, what do you want me to say? You probably will shit all over us, if only for the much better squad, and much better coach while I'm at it

I'm just used to your more aggressive Benfica-supporting predecessors around here (RIP). Civility is well... new. Might take time to adjust :p

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Bayonetta won't sell because Nintendo won't even acknowledge it's existence after today.

DBT85

At work and we just started showing Premier League World, a weekly show where they looks at all sorts of stuff. The second half is all about Raimond van der Gouw. Very interesting!

Randdalf

In FM12 I basically couldn't go without them in fact two wingers of mine Dionisio and Joaquin Viscovich (both regens) won World Player of the Year for their play on the wing.

In FM14 I've basically ditched them for complete wing backs who can do most of the work offensively and defensively. It leaves you a little exposed down the flanks sometimes, but I have a half-back dropping back from midfield to make a defensive three when we're in possession.

Phlebas

Banned
Not me. I almost always play 4-1-1-3-1. Sometimes 4-1-1-2-2. But I exclusively use an AMR and AML.

I haven't played in like a year, but no. I usually played 4-2-3-1 with wingers. That or 4-1-2-2-1 sacrificing an AM for an anchor or deep playmaker. I like what wingers give me, even better if they can cut inside and can double as Inside Forward. I don't like playing through the middle in FM, I feel like it hardly ever works out for me.

Yeah I usually go for a 4-1-2-2-1 with AML/AMR who drift out wide. Wingers never seem to work with me, playing through the middle though most of the time gets me results.

Elchele

Bundesliga transfers in the summer 2014 (source: kicker)

BwsMT0GCQAEx8Pb.png:large
Dortmund pls

Zabojnik

Why hasn't the sequel to Deus Ex: Human Revolution been announced yet? I don't get it.

We'll never get a quality sci-fi show set in space again. I'll have to live with that.

There will never be a Hollywood adaptation of Neuromancer. And I've come to terms with it. At least we got The Matrix.

It'll be years before Cyberpunk 2077 comes out.

At least ... at least give me that DX:HR 2. It should've been announced ages ago.

I need my post-cyberpunk fix. Pls.

I'm grabbing Minecraft later too. I fucking loved playing the 360 version. Minecraft is a game where I want to sit back on my couch or even laying down and just fuck about with a controller which somehow the pc version still doesn't support.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Why hasn't the sequel to Deus Ex: Human Revolution been announced yet? I don't get it.

We'll never get a quality sci-fi show set in space again. I'll have to live with that.

There will never be a Hollywood adaptation of Neuromancer. And I've come to terms with it. At least we got The Matrix.

It'll be years before Cyberpunk 2077 comes out.

At least ... at least give me that DX:HR 2. It should've been announced ages ago.

I need my post-cyberpunk fix. Pls.
Square is too busy doing moneyhat deals for Tomb Raider and not making KH3/FF15/TWEWY2. I do agree HR2 or Sleeping Dogs 2 would be the tits.

Nope, 4-2-3-1 ftw. Last time I didn't use wingers was back in FM2012, with Barcelona. Every club after that always had wingers. Feels much better, especially if they're good when it comes down to shooting.

De Jong is so awesome.

deliciousdefinitiveam3aqoh.gif

Thank you for staying with us. Now renew his contract Galliani and make him captain, Inzaghi.
I missed that last night. By staying with us he showed a lot, let's hope Galliani offers him a new contract soon enough, I don't want to lose him next June.
mate

m8

he's not that level

You're looking at competition from the likes of Almeria and Porto, not fucking footballing superpowers.

Also, Bayonetta 2 looks fucking embarrassing. Christ.
I thought he was going to be the next big thing.

Oh well, I'll gladly take him then.

Carbonox

I think I attacked myself in my sleep last night. My left eye hurts like a cunt and I seem to recall proper going for it in my sleep or some shit last night in an attempt to itch it. Instead, it was full blown digging my fingers in and shit.

I don't even know.

Am I dying.

That's Berdych on the 'List Of Massive Cunts'

Hope he sincerely apologised afterward

Since you philistines will need context, he had a right pop at an umpire for calling a double-bounce before he made a great drop-shot, when it was quite obviously the correct decision on replay. I very much doubt he didn't realise as well, he had the best view of it after all

To nudge in on the Bayonetta chat, I really don't like how bulletproof Platinum are for some posters. If you call Bayonetta's design hideous and mysogynistic, they say it's a parody of similar designs, and it's supposed to be hideous so it's not a legitimate
normal banter
criticism

If you say Vanquish was a mess in terms of narrative and flow, they say it's not a valid criticism as it wasn't the focus of the game

Since I started playing like a pussy, my Dota ability has rocketed from fucking terrible to mediocre/average. Me and FlutterPuffs are like an earthquake and a tornado hitting at the same time

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
its 8:24am

wheres my striker, you fuckers. get on it

Happy by Pharrell is a greater indictment of pop music than the songs I normally see mentioned as such*. Utter shite.

*except for Pitbull. Fuck Pitbull.

Would anyone agree that Sterling is already Liverpool and England's best player? Think that says a lot about England

Arnie

I wish Suso was the next big thing. I really do.

He's got great technique and he can beat a man. Honestly, though, after seeing Sterling develop the way he has I've come to realise he's a middling foetus with little ability to truly flip a game on its head.

Sad, really, but he's just another Januzaj. Not ready for our first team.

Abraxas

"Oooh and Hitcher kept talkin',
talkin' to hisself,
and noone heard his sad tale of Dota or,
looo-vren, looo-vren
and of shitty pop,
with only raheezus left to hear!"

Hitcher have you drunk too much coffee. It's half 8 and you're off on random blurts.

Nah, there's method to the madness :p

Pharrell and Berdych were shown on SSN
FlutterPuffs posted recently
Bayonetta was discussed last night
Someone posted a tweet about Sakho's MotM performance against Spain
Sterling will be mentioned by me at least 9 times a day until he joins Madrid

It's my version of Suarez biting people. Nobody understands why we do it, we should restrain ourselves, but it makes sense to us at the time

edit: And now Arnie's reminded me of the Januzaj question I wanted to ask ManUtdGAF

If Januzaj is finding his gametime limited, would you be open to sending him on loan in January to a Sunderland-type team?

edit2: Sorry Abraxas, but there's no such thing as a funny poem or song :p

I wish Suso was the next big thing. I really do.

He's got great technique and he can beat a man. Honestly, though, after seeing Sterling develop the way he has I've come to realise he's a middling foetus with little ability to truly flip a game on its head.

Sad, really, but he's just another Januzaj. Not ready for our first team.

The Sterling Januzaj War isn't over yet and won't be for another few years. You guys have only won a battle.

Poor Suso though. I mentioned a year ago that after watching he and Januzaj that he would never be as good as Adnan. Cunt got taken to Adnando's.

The Sterling Januzaj War isn't over yet and won't be for another few years. You guys have only won a battle.

Poor Suso though. I mentioned two years ago that after watching he and Januzaj that he would never be as good as Adnan. Cunt got taken to Adnando's.

If we were still shit he'd have a decent chance of being given the oppurtunity to make it. Maybe Meier was right, as we've suddenly burst up the league table, we've kinda left players like Suso and Robinson behind and can't afford to carry them while they try and prove that they have what it takes

Arnie

Poor Suso though. I mentioned a year ago that after watching he and Januzaj that he would never be as good as Adnan. Cunt got taken to Adnando's.
Sterling / Januzaj thing isn't even a thing. They're different tiers of player, most people accept that.

I don't doubt that Suso has talent, he really does, he just won't be able to do it in Liverpool's first team because other players are performing or developing beyond what he can match.

Januzaj broke through into a helpless United team, with struggling players. Of course he's getting a game. Give them equal game time and I'm not sure there'd be much difference between the two.

If we were still shit he'd have a decent chance of being given the oppurtunity to make it. Maybe Meier was right, as we've suddenly burst up the league table, we've kinda left players like Suso and Robinson behind and can't afford to carry them while they try and prove that they have what it takes

It will be a disgrace if you guys don't give him playing time. He had a good 1st half of the season out on loan and then fell out with the manager in the 2nd half. Let's see what Rodgers is about. Or Meier could have been right all along. Very similar to Powell except Suso did it in La Liga.

It will be a disgrace if you guys don't give him playing time. He had a good 1st half of the season out on loan and then fell out with the manager in the 2nd half. Let's see what Rodgers is about. Or Meier could have been right all along.

If I was in charge, I'd rather risk it all and play the reserves all season than see Meier proved correct :p

fuck City

Top Bottom