• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Germans, raising the 'schwalbe' bar yet again

RemoteMellowAsianconstablebutterfly.gif

Oh shit, that really did happen (thought at first that it was edited):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj-ntW7sUnI&t=2m28s

kharma45

It's funny how r/soccer is so bland, tepid and polite but all the team subreddits are full of slobbering rageposters.

So many of the team subreddits consists of posts complaining that people in r/soccer aren't being nice to them because they support club x, y or Z.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
A 60km trip from work to job, acceptable or too much? It's around 45 -50 min.

"60 km trip"

"shitty place"

well how much are they paying you? I'd crawl to them, over a pile of shit, if they're gonna pay me well for my troubles

Pennywise

A 60km trip from work to job, acceptable or too much? It's around 45 -50 min.

Depends on the rest.
If the job isn't what you're looking for and the general terms are shit, these 45-50min are gonna make you angry with the time.

When the job is essentially good and the terms in general it's acceptable.

Don't listen to me though.
I'm a lazy cunt and I wouldn't even think about driving two hours or more to a different university, like alot of people are.

Blablurn

"60 km trip"

"shitty place"

well how much are they paying you? I'd crawl to them, over a pile of shit, if they're gonna pay me well for my troubles

I do a little more than that and find it ok. I'm in a car share so don't drive it myself everytime though.

Well, they gave me a number. If its after taxes I'm okay with it. If it's before taxes, fuck it.

I would probably need to use the car for 1 or 2 months. They have strange work times. but it makes sense considering what they are doing.

It's a media monitoring and evaluation companny. so they check the news 24/7.

Depends on the rest.
If the job isn't what you're looking for and the general terms are shit, these 45-50min are gonna make you angry with the time.

When the job is essentially good and the terms in general it's acceptable.

Don't listen to me though.
I'm a lazy cunt and I wouldn't even think about driving two hours or more to a different university, like alot of people are.

I was using the train throughout my whole college career :/ 2h trip. 4 hours total per day :////

It's your time bro. How is anyone supposed to know if that works for you?

i would just like to know if this is still acceptable. i have no idea. but it seems it is.

inky

i would just like to know if this is still acceptable. i have no idea. but it seems it is.

No problem, but it certainly depends on a lot of local factors: how good is public transport in your area? How is traffic on the way there? Is it easily accessible or does it require walking a lot too? Do want to use a car or public transport? Are you required to make more than one trip a day, etc. All those things matter and are things only you know. Some people don't mind the long trip, they read a book or something. Others find it exhausting, etc.

I've had jobs where I had to use a car and parking was a nightmare. And I was paying a lot a month to park too. It was quicker to get there, but took longer once I was outside the building. And I just couldn't do it even though it was in a nice area (which meant better non-home made meals) and the pay was good. I had another where public transport got me there fairly conveniently, but I had to take up to 3 different buses, or a taxi if I was running late. Where I'm now it is close to home and I have a free parking spot, so I have no issues at all.

Personally, I think 60km, 45 minute trips is perfectly fine, but I live in a city where my whole life that was the minimum time required to get anywhere.

Blablurn

No problem, but it certainly depends on a lot of local factors: how good is public transport in your area? How is traffic on the way there? Is it easily accessible or does it require walking a lot too? Do want to use a car or public transport? Are you required to make more than one trip a day, etc. All those things matter and are things only you know. Some people don't mind the long trip, they read a book or something. Others find it exhausting, etc.

I've had jobs where I had to use a car and parking was a nightmare. And I was paying a lot a month to park too. It was quicker to get there, but took longer once I was outside the building. And I just couldn't do it even though it was in a nice area (which meant better non-home made meals) and the pay was good. I had another where public transport got me there fairly conveniently, but I had to take up to 3 different buses, or a taxi if I was running late. Where I'm now it is close to home and I have a free parking spot, so I have no issues at all.

Personally, I think 60km, 45 minute trips is perfectly fine, but I live in a city where my whole life that was the minimum time required to get anywhere.

Since early shifts start at like 5 or 6 traffic shouldn't be a problem. And I think the company even has special parking lots. So I guess if the money is good I just need to handle the early wake ups.

Rad-

My work distance is about 50 km. Not a big deal at all. A bit boring to drive and gas is pricey but it's not bad.

Blablurn

I just did some research about the company today. The woman who called me today won the gold medal in 2004. she was a german hockey player. and now she works in the human ressources bureau of that company.

so random.

what have i achieved so far?

i graduated and spoiled kharma ONE formula one race.

I need to step up my game.

Blablurn

r/fcbayern is the friendliest subreddit.

how bad is the traffic? I only live about 18km from where i work but it can be anywhere between 35 - 60 min to get to and from.

there is traffic around 7-8am. its cologne after all. but if the working times are really at 5 or 6 i could easily avoid that.

I have so much trouble winning Fifa 15 matches in the rain. Probably because I rely a lot on skill moves to get pass defenders. Anyone has any tips what's a good strategy to use on wet pitches?

Blablurn

I have so much trouble winning Fifa 15 matches in the rain. Probably because I rely a lot on skill moves to get pass defenders. Anyone has any tips what's a good strategy to use on wet pitches?

Pause Game -> Leave Game. Especially when you're having the kickoff. Then it won't count as a defeat.

I assume you are talking about seasons.

Clegg

We have the worst fucking fans.

A banner will fly over the stadium during the next Madrid game with a message for Ronaldo to come back to United.

Osorio

Does anybody know a good place to buy small club jerseys online?

Trying to find Rayo Vallecano's away from last year but no luck so far.

pulga

Banned
Yeeeessss! Just managed to score one of the last "cheap" tickets for Roma - Bayern!!

I'm gonna be at the Bayern sector
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

TEACH ME YOUR SONGS BLABBY

Zabojnik

OH BABY 😍 are they going to watch the Juve game with you?

Is she one of them?

Yes!!!

No. :(

Yeeeessss! Just managed to score one of the last "cheap" tickets for Roma - Bayern!!

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYERN. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYERN. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYERN.

Imparati questo, you'll be fine. It's all they sing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

BAYERN BAYERN HEY HEY

HEY HEY BAYERN BAYERN

KOAN NEUER KOAN NEUER

MIA SAN MIA FUCK BLA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom