• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

Christ Magath.

ByAfCriIMAI-oPA.jpg

so did the cheese thing work?

El Topo

I wonder if Magath ever pulled the "I won Bundesliga against Bayern, what have you won?" card if/when he got criticized.

He's been pretty successful during his career. I think it's unfair to call him a fraud.

L1NETT

Magath is a edam bad manager

Magath has really matured into a rubbish coach

I bet Magath really grated on his players

Magath strikes me as a bit emmental

I bet the Fulham players had to caerphilly approach Magath

i'm done

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

i'm done

Fulham fired Magath Thursday, I think. They still lost :(

i'm done

Are you a Father?

If not, I don't think you are qualified to make jokes of this 'groan' level

I completely agree with you. If he can get his 'decision-making' under control he could be one of the top CB's in the league

Lovren on the other hand? I am seriously not convinced by him very much at all.

Here's a question for you my good man. Are you genuinely worried we will drop out of top4 this year? If you had to say one way or the other?

Because the men came, with their guns....

I assume we won't tbh

Played 6 games this season, and only looked good in one of them, and decent in another which we lost regardless. If Sturridge continues to pick up muscle injuries (we have to get him on an individual training regime with England) we have no chance, no matter how good Sterling is.

Our defense, if anything, looks worse than ever as Gerrard seems to be losing the attributes which made him worth his place in the team, given the cost of it. Lucas is not a worthy replacement, and Can could go either way before even considering his apparent injury record.

I'm sure we'll figure it out in attack, against team that play relatively open at least, but until then we're relying on our defense to hep us to 1-0, 2-0, 2-1 etc results, and that just doesn't look like happening.

By the time we get to the stage we hit in January 2013, I think we'll be too far behind unless we can settle on a team, a formation and use the squad the way we want to use it, with 2nd choice players adapting to the team as and when we want them to, rather than having to force them together into a horrible unbalanced team and just having blind faith that they can immediately fit in.

Arsenal will pick up consistent points along with the odd hammering, and Di Maria & Falcao is exactly the kind of firepower which can just propel a team to improve tenfold, let alone when they're supported by players who are either very promising (Herrera&Blind) or have been fantastic in the past and could easily reclaim that form (Rooney&Mata)

There's no chance City or Chelsea finish outside the top 4, so we're up against it already. Basically wasted 2 fixtures we needed to pick up points in, and given Man Utd a fucking massive opening to overtake us and leave us in their dust.

People will look at that and say I'm overreacting, but we've been absolutely terrible this season in 4 of our games already. The weaknesses of the strikers other than Sturridge, and the inherently broken nature of our entire defensive setup are two obstacles which I think will be very, very difficult to surmount without Suarez. And so far, I've been wrong about Lovren. I thought he'd be average at worse, but up to now he's been nothing more than poor. He's either communicating and nobody's listening, or he's not communicating. Either way, we look no more organised than we did at our worst last season.

Rodgers has a lot of work to do to turn us around quickly enough to kickstart a successful season, a million problems have been evident ever since Sterling scored against Southampton.

I assume we won't tbh

Played 6 games this season, and only looked good in one of them, and decent in another which we lost regardless. If Sturridge continues to pick up muscle injuries (we have to get him on an individual training regime with England) we have no chance, no matter how good Sterling is.

Our defense, if anything, looks worse than ever as Gerrard seems to be losing the attributes which made him worth his place in the team, given the cost of it. Lucas is not a worthy replacement, and Can could go either way before even considering his apparent injury record.

I'm sure we'll figure it out in attack, against team that play relatively open at least, but until then we're relying on our defense to hep us to 1-0, 2-0, 2-1 etc results, and that just doesn't look like happening.

By the time we get to the stage we hit in January 2013, I think we'll be too far behind unless we can settle on a team, a formation and use the squad the way we want to use it, with 2nd choice players adapting to the team as and when we want them to, rather than having to force them together into a horrible unbalanced team and just having blind faith that they can immediately fit in.

Arsenal will pick up consistent points along with the odd hammering, and Di Maria & Falcao is exactly the kind of firepower which can just propel a team to improve tenfold, let alone when they're supported by players who are either very promising (Herrera&Blind) or have been fantastic in the past and could easily reclaim that form (Rooney&Mata)

There's no chance City or Chelsea finish outside the top 4, so we're up against it already. Basically wasted 2 fixtures we needed to pick up points in, and given Man Utd a fucking massive opening to overtake us and leave us in their dust.

People will look at that and say I'm overreacting, but we've been absolutely terrible this season in 4 of our games already. The weaknesses of the strikers other than Sturridge, and the inherently broken nature of our entire defensive setup are two obstacles which I think will be very, very difficult to surmount without Suarez. And so far, I've been wrong about Lovren. I thought he'd be average at worse, but up to now he's been nothing more than poor. He's either communicating and nobody's listening, or he's not communicating. Either way, we look no more organised than we did at our worst last season.

Rodgers has a lot of work to do to turn us around quickly enough to kickstart a successful season, a million problems have been evident ever since Sterling scored against Southampton.

I think your penultimate paragraph sums it up perfectly.

I'm 25 and have supported Liverpool for my entire life so have no experience of us winning the league and only remember one champs league victory (the 2005 best game ever).

That being said.......The fact that we have dropped points against Villa and West Ham, and struggled to beat Ludogorets, is a fucking worrying factor.

Unless we seriously change something, we are going to get destroyed by the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea or even dare I say it, a confident and on-form Man Utd?

Honestly I think we'll draw against Everton but if we lose we might aswell concede 4th now.

Will we win the champs league? Most likely not. I honestly worry about our european credentials for next season. And if we dont get CL, and Sterling continues his run of form/improvement, then I can honestly see a team like Man City, Real Madrid or Barca coming in for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom