• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubie

Give me El Clasico now!!!!!

Hope Suarez plays and is good.

No team should give excuses, both come in great form so anything can happen.

Hixx

Are they serious?

I've seen that happen plenty of times with no complaints . . . is this an English thing?

It's half way through a match (where you're getting smashed and you're personally playing awfully), the last thing on your mind should be swapping shirts with someone. Incredibly unprofessional.

Are they serious?

I've seen that happen plenty of times with no complaints . . . is this an English thing?

I don't really understand it either. It should be done after the match, and he should have known that people get angry about it, but it's not exactly the worst thing to do. If someone other than Balotelli did it, it'd blow over in 20 minutes.

Just seen the Southampton goals.

Man

BarrenCommonAfricanbushviper.gif

mqmd6Ld.png

Are they serious?

Also I like how it is Balotelli's fault for Liverpool being outclassed by Real Madrid, a team packed with world class players together worth multiple times the value of the Liverpool squad. Not to mention a world class manager.

Well both Coutinho and Sakho swapped shirts with Chelsea players last year at half time when they were losing 2-1.

Didn't see the Echo do a piece on that though.

Wilbur

Banned
Congrats Killer, great news.

What's everyone having for lunch?

Just had lunch at Spoons with two mates. One's a youth coach at Fulham, one used to work at Benfica.

Here I am grilling. Madness.

----

Hitch, re: your post about elite clubs. I thought it was just fucking extraordinary to watch the speed in which they came forward. Every single time they had the ball, Marcelo bombs forward, Modric moves it on with such speed... just gorgeous transitional play.

Just had lunch at Spoons with two mates. One's a youth coach at Fulham, one used to work at Benfica.

----

Hitch, re: your post about elite clubs. I thought it was just fucking extraordinary to watch the speed in which they came forward. Every single time they had the ball, Marcelo bombs forward, Modric moves it on with such speed... just gorgeous transitional play.
EPL quality is poor

But Ronaldo said it didn't shock him that much that Liverpool fans applauded him because England has a special culture other leagues don't have

Dat EPL

Batongen

Banned
Are they serious?

Also I like how it is Balotelli's fault for Liverpool being outclassed by Real Madrid, a team packed with world class players together worth multiple times the value of the Liverpool squad. Not to mention a world class manager.

It's not, and he didn't need to be outclassed, that damage was already done by Bobby Zamora and that is certainly some feat.

Jarnet87

Was just thinking how amazing Shinji would of been in the new look United team. Before he was stuck playing in a midfield with guys who wanted to play a tempo that geriatrics would of found slow. This team has players now who actually push the pace and go forward instead of sideways. Such a shame van Gaal didn't give him a chance.

----

The ease with which they play one-twos to get the ball out of defense and into midfield/attack is extraordinary as well

Look at how laboured we were against QPR when we were trying to get the ball into decent areas, and how easy we were to pin back into our own third without an outlet. They're just too good at finding space, with and without the ball.

Disappointing that we were so obviously toothless, Marcelo and even Arbeloa had free reign to do what they wanted with no fear of losing the ball and conceding on the counter. We were never gonna score, no matter how much we had the ball in the final third. Only thing that worried Casillas was that Coutinho shot when it was already 3-0.

Says a lot about our usage of the so-called squad that we couldn't retain a decent standard of pressing for even 20 minutes. We're still playing the same 13 players over and over again, having spent an absolute bomb on filling out the squad in the summer. Obviously we've had a few injuries, but we're still struggling to find games in which we can play our 2nd choice options, such is the way we've been slogging through even the easiest fixtures.

Imagine how utterly fucked we'd be without that last minute penalty against Ludogorets. We have 3 weeks to sort ourselves out for Ludogorets away, Sturridge may be back for that I think. Can't afford to drop any points in those last 2 CL matches, and even then it's on the assumption that Madrid will get 18 points.

Wilbur

Banned
Rikkun m8 remind them you're 32 times champion of Italy, current champion for the third year in a row, top at the moment, currently have one of the best midfielders of all time, the best midfielder in the world and the future best midfielder in the world all in one team, and you're not Inter.

Remind them.

Rikkun

Rikkun m8 remind them you're 32 times champion of Italy, current champion for the third year in a row, top at the moment, currently have one of the best midfielders of all time, the best midfielder in the world and the future best midfielder in the world all in one team, and you're not Inter.

Remind them.

Oh my, do I love you Wilbur. <3

Clegg

Players with the most shots across any of the major leagues in Europe:

1) Ronaldo
2) Balotelli

League goals scored:

Ronaldo: 15
Balotelli : 0

Players with the most shots across any of the major leagues in Europe:

1) Ronaldo
2) Balotelli

League goals scored:

Ronaldo: 15
Balotelli : 0

He must have only forced 1 or 2 decent saves as well.

95% of them are easily blocked, off target (by a distance, often), or straight at the keeper.

Scum

Congrats, Killer.

He must have only forced 1 or 2 decent saves as well.

95% of them are easily blocked, off target (by a distance, often), or straight at the keeper.

But he still managed 15 goals so far, though. Huehuehue.
Cheer up, Hitch? You can laugh at lolspurs and Usho's favourite, Paulinho, tonight.

scently

Was just thinking how amazing Shinji would of been in the new look United team. Before he was stuck playing in a midfield with guys who wanted to play a tempo that geriatrics would of found slow. This team has players now who actually push the pace and go forward instead of sideways. Such a shame van Gaal didn't give him a chance.

I really don't think it would be too different to how Mata is performing. They are both very slight and Mata has been coming under increased pressure from the midfielders in the opposing team (their defensive mid in particular). They both lack the same thing; physicality, speed, tracking back etc. Although, tbf, Shinji got back to help out in defence during Moyes's time at the club.

madaimer

Neo Member
Anyone keeping tabs on what's happening with Everton's trip to Lille ahead of the Europa match tonight?

Last night around 100 Lille unprovoked fans assaulted a group of Everton supporters who were at a bar having a peaceful get together.

This was confirmed by the bouncer of the bar who is ex-military and said that there were children present.

They threw chairs, smashed windows and when the police responded - they pepper sprayed the Everton supporters?

Fast forward and today the Everton fans assembled in the main square before the match.

A few flares were let off and the riot police responded with fucking tear gass and rubber bullets!?!?!?

Link to live blog with video/photo..

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/live-everton-fans-tear-gassed-lille-7986659

confuziz

Banned
Anyone keeping tabs on what's happening with Everton's trip to Lille ahead of the Europa match tonight?

Last night around 100 Lille unprovoked fans assaulted a group of Everton supporters (including children) who were at a bar having a get together.

They threw chairs, smashed windows and when the police responded - they pepper sprayed the Everton supporters?

Fast forward and todat the Everton fans assembled in the main square before the match.

A few flares were let off and the riot police responded with fucking tear gass and rubber bullets!?!?!?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/live-everton-fans-tear-gassed-lille-7986659

Standard procedure. Same thing happened over here with Stade Rennes iirc.

Last night around 100 Lille unprovoked fans assaulted a group of Everton supporters (including children) who were at a bar having a get together.

Fast forward and todat the Everton fans assembled in the main square before the match.

Crazy. For some reason I was under the impression that things like that don't happen in French football.

if Origi plays well tonight after our striker's displays this season, my foot is going through the TV

I thought it was at lille's request that he stay for another year?

It was, and at 19 he needs more gametime than we could have guaranteed him. But with Sturridge's injuries, and the lack of form in the other 3, he'd have come in handy probably. I'm sure we could have paid more and had him this season, but at the time sending him back seemed like the best move for him and us.

Tubie

It was, and at 19 he needs more gametime than we could have guaranteed him. But with Sturridge's injuries, and the lack of form in the other 3, he'd have come in handy probably. I'm sure we could have paid more and had him this season, but at the time sending him back seemed like the best move for him and us.

It's like everything that could go wrong for Liverpool this season did in a really bad way.

I still think you can fight for 4th in the EPL. Arsenal and United are really no better or worse than Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom