• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
Still underpaid. We are talking about 5+ million that Dortmund offers him plus no buyout clause. He rejected. We all know why.

Kind of makes me wonder how much they can offer him. He is being paid £65,000/week right now. If Dortmund could somehow double that, then he would approach the same salary that other german stars have, including Kroos who is being payed 150 000/week at Madrid.

I suppose it depends on who we are comparing him to. Bale makes 256 000 a week, and since Reus is quite a bit better than him, you could make the argument that he deserves even more.

Kind of makes me wonder how much they can offer him. He is being paid £65,000/week right now. If Dortmund could somehow double that, then he would approach the same salary that other german stars have, including Kroos who is being payed 150 000/week at Madrid.

I suppose it depends on who we are comparing him to. Bale makes 256 000 a week, and since Reus is quite a bit better than him, you could make the argument that he deserves even more.

Stop posting bs

bjaelke

Get French Football @GFN_France
An update on what caused the violence between Everton fans and Lille police in the town square just hours earlier... (1/3)
A British police officer spotted two Everton fans, one a known hooligan, the other a drug trafficker in the crowd in the town square (2/3).
Plain-clothed policemen moved to arrest the individuals, but Everton fans, apparently not knowing it was the authorities, retaliated. (3/3)

D_prOdigy

Bayonetta fell through the letterbox today.

As did a tax bill

K2Pvf.gif

Blablurn

Even if Dortmund doubles Reus salary, do you seriously wanna stay at a club that is nowhere near your class? Reus next step is a European giant. Madrid, Barca or Bayern.

Clegg

What impressed me most about Madrid was how fast they transitioned from defence to attack. It's how I want United to play eventually. We're getting closer to having the players necessary for that kind of tactic. Herrera is a quick mover in midfield, di Maria is just rapid and Falcao can put them away.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I hope we draw on Sunday, I think we will get 3-4 put past us though

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
Even if Dortmund doubles Reus salary, do you seriously wanna stay at a club that is nowhere near your class? Reus next step is a European giant. Madrid, Barca or Bayern.

I know that Dortmund are having a rough start to the league, but saying that they are "nowhere near his class" i feel is incorrect. Lets not forget that they beat Bayern in their last two meetings, they eliminated Real two years ago and gave them a run for their money this past CL as well. Talent wise Dortmund is a tier below Madrid, Bayern, Chelsea and Barca, but i would certainly put them on the same level as the rest, including all other EPL teams. So the only way Reus is getting getting a step up in football quality is if he joins one of those 4 clubs, in my opinion.

Reus is not better than Bale but he is a fantastic player as well. Any team would be happy and lucky to have him.

Reus is a better dribbler, creates more chances, draws more spot kicks, is a better passer, tracks back more.

Bale is... faster?

Y'all should watch more Dortmund.

Blablurn

I know that Dortmund are having a rough start to the league, but saying that they are "nowhere near his class" i feel is incorrect. Lets not forget that they beat Bayern in their last two meetings, they eliminated Real two years ago and gave them a run for their money this past CL as well. Talent wise Dortmund is a tier below Madrid, Bayern, Chelsea and Barca, but i would certainly put them on the same level as the rest, including all other EPL teams. So the only way Reus is getting getting a step up in football quality is if he joins one of those 4 clubs, in my opinion.

Dortmund can beat us as much as they want but when it's about winning titles there is only one way for reus. Go big or go home.

The only way he stays at Dortmund is when they win the CL this year.

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
2013/2014

BALE GP 35 G 24 A 18
REUS GP 40 G 23 A 18

And that’s just a warning.

"Warning"? Im open for discussion, i was merely reacting to the irony of of answering so called "BS" posts with terrible posts yourself. If you want to discuss Reus vs Bale then by all means, this is a discussion forum, so why then are you trying to threaten me to stop posting things you dont agree with?

If you stop stifling debate and cut down on the drama, everything will work out just fine.

It's not that Dortmund is below Reus in terms of talent. But Professional footballers only have so many years to make as much money as they can. As much as fans would like to think these footballers play for "love of the club", fact of the matter is they should be looking out for the well being of his family and himself.

Why should he take a hefty pay cut to play for Dortmund when other clubs are more than willing to pay him according to his market value or above it?

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
Dortmund can beat us as much as they want but when it's about winning titles there is only one way for reus. Go big or go home.

The only way he stays at Dortmund is when they win the CL this year.

Thats not really answering my point about dortmunds class, but okay. Anyway, i think that dortmund is well capable of winning both the CL and the BL with the next few years, if they keep their current squad intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom