• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Scum

Seeing as I am full time professional FM player, I have done two seasons on my Watford save already. In my first season a bunch of players were really unhappy cause I just told them to fuck off, when they demanded to leave or have a new contract, second season a little better although my squad was too large still. Now I feel like it's going good.

AdF0146.png

dmCdwkC.png

and the best result of the season

pViXJjv.png

Dat 4-3 Arsenal game.

Clegg

He is in mine. Wilson is really good though.

Best buys so far? Tielemans and Javi Martinez. Javi scored a hat trick in his first game and he's a DM. God.
Not made many signings. Brought in Nainggolan as a ball winner. More mobile than Fletcher or Fellaini so is an upgrade. Then brought in two young Colombian defender, Murillo and Balanta because I'm not particularly impressed by any of my current options other than Jones. Murillo will be decent but Balanta is gonna be a star in my save. He's already brilliant.

Dat 4-3 Arsenal game.

Getting beaten 5-1 to Aston Villa.
nbSjnI7.png

At least Bamfordinho is a true new star for me, loaned him for one season and then signed him for free as Mou threw him away, the Chelsea way. Also loaned Chalobah for the second year in a row for the upcoming season.

Clegg

Have yet to play the new FM so interested to know how you can make players go wide. Is this a new feature? Back in OG CM it was great to right-click to create arrows to tell players where to go.
I honestly can't remember if they had it in
last seasons one but my gut says no. Just go into the individual instructions section for players and you can click the box telling them to go wide.

Best thing about FM2015? How easier is it to get a player to be a better at playing in a position they aren't a natural in.

Di Maria is good as a CM now.

Scum

Getting beaten 5-1 to Aston Villa.
nbSjnI7.png

At least Bamfordinho is a true new star for me, loaned him for one season and then signed him for free as Mou threw him away, the Chelsea way. Also loaned Chalobah for the second year in a row for the upcoming season.

Redknapp to Newcastle.
Holloway was at QPR.

loooooooooooooooool

Wilbur

Banned
guys pls just screenshot your tactics and show me

individual instructions
team instructions

everything

I'm dying

Randdalf

My personal favourite "fuck you" from FM is the sending off, injured star player and 2-nil down in 8mins in the 2nd leg of the Europa or Champs. League.

One time my £146m winger got sent off for a two footed lunge not 2 minutes into a game, which we neeeded to win (2nd leg against Bayern), and he was the only one of my star players that was not injured or banned. Surprisingly we won the game, but lost the tie.

guys pls just screenshot your tactics and show me

individual instructions
team instructions

everything

I'm dying

I've been using this one in FM14, I think it could easily be adapted for FM15 http://passion4fm.com/football-manager-2014-tactic-false-counter/

I really struggled to find a formation in that game but this one has really worked out for me. You have to set up training for each player individually though (and a few player instructions too), which can take a bit of time.

Not made many signings. Brought in Nainggolan as a ball winner. More mobile than Fletcher or Fellaini so is an upgrade. Then brought in two young Colombian defender, Murillo and Balanta because I'm not particularly impressed by any of my current options other than Jones. Murillo will be decent but Balanta is gonna be a star in my save. He's already brilliant.

I'll try them out. My defenders are just ok. Will sell Rojo since he's just decent and get someone better.

Jones is good tho, and Smalling as a 2nd option for RB and CB. Blind goes everywhere, and is probably my favorite.

Di Maria won a cup/UCL double playing a box to box midfielder. I certainly hope FM picked up on that. o_0

Not in my save.

Liverpool survive in the capital one cup. Excellent. More games for them. I hope they get to play a big club so that Sterling can get more tired.

You died when you failed to sign Sanchez. Imagine how your team would be with a Sanchez in there when you held all the cards.

Suarez leaving put us on life support. Sturridge getting injured was the plug being pulled.

Our signings are snake oil

edit: Remaining in the League Cup isn't that big a deal for us now, or at least it shouldn't be. You have to play fuck all games to win it, and we should have a squad now to let us rest the likes of Sterling, Gerrard, Sturridge, Henderson and Moreno.

If anything, it's more games for the new signings to adapt to the way we play without all-important points being at stake.

Who's Kermit?

He's a City fan that came to this thread a couple of years ago. He ended up complaining that everyone was being too mean to each other. I and a couple of others told him that there was nothing wrong with our legit banter and that he should shut it.

He then became an extremist and started to insult everyone. He became the ultimate cunt.

bjaelke

Mandzukic, on Guardiola: "I worked so hard to adapt my game, but for something like this to work, both sides need to show good will"
"I'd've credited him much more if he'd come to me & said 'Listen, Mario, you don't fit into my game plan. I need another CF'"

Mandzukic said Pep didn’t play him at season’s end to deny him glory of Pokal final, being BuLi’s top scorer. Called him "disrespectful"

Mandzukic's criticism of Guardiola in Sporske Novosti=convenient, but also consistent w/ Ibrahimovic precedent. Passive-aggressive Pep
iQL2bfbIseR4S.png

Zabojnik

Still pretending Pep isn't a cunt of the highest order, I see. A couple more biographies and even I might start believing it.

Top Bottom