• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

FuturusX

If you read the Mail, you deserve to be exposed to asbestos

I agree.

Doesn't look much bigger, mostly shadows + different angle. That tattoo went from one side to the other though, crazy shit. Need more HGH though.

Mirrors...how do they work?

I have etymotic earphones that double very well as earplugs (pretty much identically to the earplugs they make). I go clubbing a fair bit and usually wear earplugs to spare my hearing, since a lot of people I know have hearing loss from it, but since I wasn't expecting to hit the club the night of a neogaf meetup I didn't bring regular earplugs with me. I always have earphones on my person while traveling, though, so I broke those out.

Fuck you, though.

Welp.

So, I decided to attend a LondonGaf meetup which EvilLore was attending (I thought, why the fuck not, got nothing else to do on a Friday). King Moc, were you at the same meetup by any chance?

Without hanging they guy out to dry, he seemed like a nice guy, except that he pulled a Dexter/serial killer/William defoe (Boondock saints) move on the dance floor in one of the night clubs and put his earphones on and started dancing to his own music instead of the club music. Just felt.. weird.

Don't go stabbing people in the back, breh.

Scum

Dean lost to Swansea and told me about it

Then I saw him playing the same fixture

Fucking cunt

Like you've never done that.
adrianonandoswfr16.png

Clegg

I'm bit worried about this instalment of FM. I'm 26 games into the league and have yet to lose a game. This has never happened before. Haven't come across the usual FM fuckery of losing a game after having 30+ shots saved either.

Elchele

Is there any way to get FM, I don't mind if it is the previous version, for -really- cheap? Or could anyone of you share it on steam (I don't really know how that works). I want to give it another try

kharma45

I'm bit worried about this instalment of FM. I'm 26 games into the league and have yet to lose a game. This has never happened before. Haven't come across the usual FM fuckery of losing a game after having 30+ shots saves either.

It seems to easy this year.

Scum

Is there any way to get FM, I don't mind if it is the previous version, for -really- cheap? Or could anyone of you share it on steam (I don't really know how that works). I want to give it another try

Light the 'Quiche signal.

ATF487

Haha Batongen

Hope that's not too long of a ban, bit harsh on the lad

edit: just watched the cup game, first half was encouraging, second half less so, but when they went down i thought the response was decent. Balo with a good finish and good shelvey bants but right after the goal he had a shit cross, a shit shot and a slightly less but still shit free kick.

Wilbur

Banned
guys it's a perma

accept it

move on

live your life fully and without regret

for it is the only life you'll ever live

Are you mad

I'm finding it hard

What tactics do you fucks all use

4 back, 1 defensive midfielder, one CM with good marking stats, an all rounder CM, a playmaker, one AMC, one striker.

Or sometimes a diamond like Man Utd uses for home games. Have tight marking, short passing toggled on.

Scum

I'm bit worried about this instalment of FM. I'm 26 games into the league and have yet to lose a game. This has never happened before. Haven't come across the usual FM fuckery of losing a game after having 30+ shots saved either.

My personal favourite "fuck you" from FM is the sending off, injured star player and 2-nil down in 8mins in the 2nd leg of the Europa or Champs. League.

Wilbur

Banned
4 back, 1 defensive midfielder, one CM with good marking stats, an all rounder CM, a playmaker, one AMC, one striker.

Or sometimes a diamond like Man Utd uses for home games. Have tight marking, short passing toggled on.

I'm playing as Bradford. 4-3-3, one DM. 11th after 16 games, 3 points off the play offs. I can't really get my finger on why it isn't going better.

I've met evilore and he's a pretty alright dude.
The flack he gets is a bit sad, but then again that is the nature of the internet.

Batongen said he was nice but did something weird

pls

permanent banning
no escape from reality

Elchele

I'm playing as Bradford. 4-3-3, one DM. 11th after 16 games, 3 points off the play offs. I can't really get my finger on why it isn't going better.

One DM? Pls. Who are you, Pep? 4-2-3-1 is where is at.
Buy Højbjerg and embrace the CL trophy

Amazon sell them pretty cheap, 2013 is [URL="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Football-Manager-2013-PC-DVD/dp/B0097662GO/]£3[/URL] and 2014 is [URL="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Football-Manager-2014-PC-DVD/dp/B00EJ9GCTQ/]£7[/URL]

Clegg

Are you mad

I'm finding it hard

What tactics do you fucks all use
I should elaborate a bit more. Have two saves going. One is with Tranmere in league 2. Lost plenty of games with them. The other is my United save. Despite having no top class defenders I have the best defence in the league and my midfield usually dominates despite containing either Fellaini and Nainggolan; neither or whom are great passers of the ball. I have a great set of forwards and that's about it. Very strange that everything is so easy.

As for tactics I use a narrow 4-2-1-3. Flat back 4 with Shaw and Rafael playing as attacking fullbacks, Nainggolan as a ball winner in midfield with Herrera an advanced midfielder. Mata or Januzaj play as an enganche, RVP is the False 9 and Falcao/Wilson the poacher.

Tactics are high tempo and pressing to win the ball quickly with Herrera going wide to provide width when necessary. Seems to be working well as RVP has about 30 goals already. He's only picked up 1 injury so far too. Rather odd because in every other instalment of the games he's a permacrock.

Make sure your players play well together. I try to have everyone at least 'fairly determined' and/or professional. Not worth it buying someone with a higher stat if they have inconsistent performances or a diff. mindset than the rest of your players.

Oh if your star players were REALLY shit, tell them after a game, or motivate them if they're new and you know they were just nervous.

Rather odd because in every other instalment of the games he's a permacrock.

He is in mine. Wilson is really good though.

Best buys so far? Tielemans and Javi Martinez. Javi scored a hat trick in his first game and he's a DM. God.

Seeing as I am full time professional FM player, I have done two seasons on my Watford save already. In my first season a bunch of players were really unhappy cause I just told them to fuck off, when they demanded to leave or have a new contract, second season a little better although my squad was too large still. Now I feel like it's going good.

AdF0146.png

dmCdwkC.png

and the best result of the season

pViXJjv.png

Yen

I should elaborate a bit more. Have two saves going. One is with Tranmere in league 2. Lost plenty of games with them. The other is my United save. Despite having no top class defenders I have the best defence in the league and my midfield usually dominates despite containing either Fellaini and Nainggolan; neither or whom are great passers of the ball. I have a great set of forwards and that's about it. Very strange that everything is so easy.

As for tactics I use a narrow 4-2-1-3. Flat back 4 with Shaw and Rafael playing as attacking fullbacks, Nainggolan as a ball winner in midfield with Herrera an advanced midfielder. Mata or Januzaj play as an enganche, RVP is the False 9 and Falcao/Wilson the poacher.

Tactics are high tempo and pressing to win the ball quickly with Herrera going wide to provide width when necessary. Seems to be working well as RVP has about 30 goals already. He's only picked up 1 injury so far too. Rather odd because in every other instalment of the games he's a permacrock.

Have yet to play the new FM so interested to know how you can make players go wide. Is this a new feature? Back in OG CM it was great to right-click to create arrows to tell players where to go.

Top Bottom