• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Big win if we can get it now

I think Swansea might take something off Arsenal

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
ildI8iFQJM9Be.jpg

That old guy on the far right would make a perfect "is this real life" face ahahah

Get on it Bacon and Budsaurus!

We're probably 6 points off 4th by Sunday evening

Fantastic. Balotelli is just poor, and Lambert is a joke. Can't even run in a straight line without falling over

And what did Chelsea do? Costa's goal was legit, but Cahill's goal was off a handball pass.

Wasn't a great attacking performance from us either but at least we had players like hazard creating chances often enough even though he couldn't finish them, We did get lucky though with the refs decisions.

PowderedToast

gerrard is actually going to contribute to rodgers getting the sack. i'm not joking. he is our rooney, except he pulls out even less jammy goals. bigger than the club, that contract bullshit showed it.

not the only problem, but a huge one.

GorillaJu

Wasn't a great attacking performance from us either but at least we had players like hazard creating chances often enough even though he couldn't finish them, We did get lucky though with the refs decisions.

He didn't create chances he just cut in onto his right foot and shot straight at our defenders.

elseanio

At a loss as to why Gerrard is still playing the full 90.

No point arguing about the blatant pen when we did fuck all else to trouble Chelsea.

Liverpool are really good but their final ball is pretty poor, they hardly create clear cut chances I think

We have players who just stand still in the box, while crosses are lofted in their general direction

There is no incisive passing in and around the box anymore, nobody making clever runs, nobody trying to get free of their marker. And on the very odd occasion we do, we fuck it up anyway

Marc

Kolo Toure would have saved Brendan's soul.

Liverpool fans may point to the pen but outside of the referee's hands, there was almost zero goal threat. As there has been most of the season. Something really amiss, as when Suarez was out you still created loads of chances. Sterling, Coutinho and other forward thinking players not really setting up the same volume of chances bar their own threat. Sturridge helped with his movement but still.

Chelsea's away fans are actually quite a good bunch.

sohois

Can't really blame any of the players today, Liverpool were cheated out of a result plain and simple. Nothing the team could have done about that, played quite well otherwise.

-Last kick aside, Mig was pretty good

-Johnson really surprised the doubters with a very good performance at RB, Skrtel did fine, Moreno excellent. Lovren is currently competing with Paul Koncheskey for worst Liverpool defender of the modern era

-Gerrard has no place in these games anymore. He certainly offers more than someone like Lovren, but just shouldn't be playing against these good teams. Henderson continues his poor run of form. Re:Marc, I don't think anyone would dispute that the Hendo/Gerrard midfield wasn't really good enough, but I believe the main bone of contention was that you always asserted Hendo being nowhere near good enough, which is pretty laughable still.

-Can was pretty great but seemed to tire, disappointing to see him subbed but it made sense. Strange to see Allen instead of Lallana

-Balotelli wasted up front on his own as per. You can see at times the flash of the old Balotelli, but he's enver going to be able to offer anything when he sees the ball about 5 times in a match.

GorillaJu

Can / Hendo / Cou wasn't bad at all. Clearly we need a replacement for Gerrad though. And obviously a striker, because for fucks sake :lol

How do we find ourselves in this position? Us fans won't have the foresight, but there are people on huge paychecks analyzing every maneuver in the market, and yet here we are, with our one good striker out injured and playing with a dunce and a pensioner =\

Johnson actually had a decent game, I thought.

We've played away at the 4 of the 5 most difficult places to go to of the top teams (Everton, City, United and Liverpool) and got 2 wins and 2 draws and the final one is against Spurs in January.

Not bad.

Also taking Cout off was a fucking joke he looked the only threat we had, Sterling was shit again. Why but Borini on if he is not going to play up top, Lallana is far better with the ball than him. Note, none of this would have made a difference as Chelsea outclassed us today with breaking a sweat, but Rodgers subs are Roy Evens level of bad.

Notice how we don't surrender a lead late on when we don't bring Mikel on.

Selective memory. Liverpool should have had a penalty here and against United it was a huge Ivan fuck up. Mikel also came on against Arsenal, and Costa scored 10 minutes later to close the match 2-0... and Chelsea also finished the match off against Everton after bringing him on. But no, lets write it all down to Mikel.

PowderedToast

Can / Hendo / Cou wasn't bad at all. Clearly we need a replacement for Gerrad though. And obviously a striker, because for fucks sake :lol

How do we find ourselves in this position? Us fans won't have the foresight, but there are people on huge paychecks analyzing every maneuver in the market, and yet here we are, with our one good striker out injured and playing with a dunce and a pensioner =\

Johnson actually had a decent game, I thought.

it's not good enough. we were in a position of strength and we've done nothing to solidify it. yes it's bad luck that sturridge has missed so many games, but we knew he was injury prone so it's no excuse.

3 of our scouts were sacked a few days ago, so the axe is falling.

Also taking Cout off was a fucking joke he looked the only threat we had, Sterling was shit again. Why but Borini on if he is not going to play up top, Lallana is far better with the ball than him. Note, none of this would have made a difference as Chelsea outclassed us today with breaking a sweat, but Rodgers subs are Roy Evens level of bad.

Struggle to recall many games where we've been better after making our subs than we were before. Technically I guess you could say we were today, but only because Chelsea let us come at them before batting us away with ease when we got to the box

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I forgot Young got us a peno in this fixture last year

Top Bottom