• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Abdul Said: Don't blame Rodgers or Balotelli for Liverpool's poor performance. Blame the media and pundits for chasing Suarez away from England...

oNRH4tF.gif

Scum

LiverpoolGAF will probably kill me for this but Gerrard needs to be out of the starting lineup for a while, along with Balo and Allen.

Sturridge ---------- Soldado
----- Coutinho/Sterling ------
Lallana -------- Henderson
------------ Can -----------

LiverpoolGAF will probably kill me for this but Gerrard needs to be out of the starting lineup for a while, along with Balo and Allen.

they will kill you for making them buy Soldado

lol

agreed but I think this would be better

------------Sturridge ------------
Lallana --Sterling - Coutinho
-----Henderson---- Can --------

sohois

I think pretty much everyone would agree with that.

I'm probably one of the only few who would actually defend Joe Allen. He was Liverpool's best player early in the season before his injury, been terrible since his return though

Selective memory. Liverpool should have had a penalty here and against United it was a huge Ivan fuck up. Mikel also came on against Arsenal, and Costa scored 10 minutes later to close the match 2-0... and Chelsea also finished the match off against Everton after bringing him on. But no, lets write it all down to Mikel.

Ive actually been thinking about this recently, and perhaps I've been harsh on him specifically.

Im not saying its down to Mikel himself looking at some other matches Ramires came on in that similar role too, its about the tactics of bringing him on with a long time left (in the context of the game) to allow push Cesc to push up which is the whole point of bringing him on. We spend too much time sitting back at the end of these games and conceded too many late goals.

Perhaps I've been harsh on him as I said, its a team thing and the managers decision to do it but I don't like this tactic of getting 1-0 or 2-1 up and sitting back very deep with all this time left.

Perhaps it was due to him coming back from injury that Jose didn't want to play him (and how Remy didn't come on) and also Liverpools ability to create much but we've conceded several times late on

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
NBC sports "I think who scores the most today will be the winning side"

Nice

rodgers looks defeated.

talking about sturridge coming back.

You just know that he won't last a month before getting injured again, leaving us in the same position as we're in now

Personally I'd fuck Lambert off to the highest bidder in January and bring Origi in, and maybe even replace Balotelli as well. They've not even earned a chance to improve in the second half of the season imo.

Ve1ocity

Notice how we don't surrender a lead late on when we don't bring Mikel on.

I think i'ts mainly to do with Liverpools Attack being so poor, we still went almost full on defensive, if it was a better attack, chances of conceding would have been much higher.

I almost wanted pool to score for us to learn a lesson cause it doesn't look like we have.

It's think i'ts mainly to do with Liverpools Attack being so poor, we still went almost full on defensive, if it was a better attack, chances of conceding would have been much higher.

I almost wanted pool to score for us to learn a lesson cause it doesn't look like we have.

We still do need to learn but I also thought putting Ramires on the wing was a strange decision when it was clear we needed someone else in the middle

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You just know that he won't last a month before getting injured again, leaving us in the same position as we're in now

Personally I'd fuck Lambert off to the highest bidder in January and bring Origi in, and maybe even replace Balotelli as well. They've not even earned a chance to improve in the second half of the season imo.
You want to sell Lambert? But you'll ruin his fairytale! Won't somebody please think of the pundits

Scum

agreed but I think this would be better

------------Sturridge ------------
Lallana --Sterling - Coutinho
-----Henderson---- Can --------

I think pretty much everyone would agree with that.

I'm probably one of the only few who would actually defend Joe Allen. He was Liverpool's best player early in the season before his injury, been terrible since his return though

Anything that keeps old man Gerrard and Balo away for a while will be good for Liverpool.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
How do you not get booked for that, he body wrestled RVP to the floor

Marc

It wasn't the media that chased Suarez away it was his wife.

His wifes family live in Barcelona iirc

Didn't she want to move to London last season?

He just wanted Real or Barca as they're bigger clubs, in a bigger league. Not a shock.

Everyone putting a lot of pressure on Sturridge, wow, answer to all of Liverpool's problems? They still have to create chances for him.

Top Bottom