• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Nov. 30th Southampton v Man City
Dec. 3rd Arsenal v Southampton
Dec. 8th Southampton v Man Utd

we're beating the teams we need to beat

Man City, Arsenal and Utd need to win these games and we don't so that might provide some opportunities.

I don't understand the Herrera situation.

He was our best CM, apart from a half against WBA where he was still injured. And now he's not getting back in the team.

Completely mystifying.
Well I dunno, Fellaini got a shot and he did well. So he kept his place. It's harsh like that when there are a lot of players competing.

Herrera will have another chance soon enough and if he does well he will get his spot back.

Some players will be automatic selections but Herrera hasn't reached that stage, obviously.

Manager

The old Jovetic was an altogether different beast. He never fully recovered from his knee injury, but that's beside the point now. He really does look like a fish outta water at City.

He needs four or five starts in a row to get to learn the squad, but he never gets it. It's difficult to play him and Yaya at the same time too as Yaya is shit in a 2-man-midfield, would leave the team exposed. And he'd never play striker when Aguero is fit.

Wish Yaya could be sold, would give many players more chances. Today's line-up would be perfect with Jovetic or Silva instead of Yaya.

Manager

I'm 99% sure Nastasic is joining Roma in January.

There were tons of rumours in August where he was going to 4-5 different Italian teams, but no club could afford the £8m price tag. No way they'd get more now in January. Whoever gets him will get one of the most promising defenders for like £4-5m, with many years of top league experience. Ridiculous.

He kills build up. Every time.

He's nowhere near as good as Herrera. Seems like there's a weird unjustified myth going around United fans that Herrera's defensive input was poor compared to Fellaini's. Which is bullshit.

Our problem today was slow build up and Fellaini played a massive part in that.

fellaini is united's proud lion m8

K1LLER7

Balance for what? Understand vs. Chelsea/City

Against Palace, Herrera should be playing.

Of course I think he should be playing ahead of Rooney in a midfield position, not Fellani.
We needed him vs WBA too.

Until Fellaini starts to play poorly again, I don't think he'll be dropped. Captain Rooney won't get dropped too.

Also liked Carrick in the DM role today. Will be tough to choose between him and Blind. Carrick is a lot more positive with his passing.

Bold One

10374081_10152556839127746_1330605803629843783_n.jpg

Manager

I have a bad feeling Fernando and Fernandinho will be a disastrous pairing.

It will be genious or horrible. Mostly depending on Fernandinho who has been completely shit this season. World Cup destroyed him, he needs to snap out of it

But it's what all City fans have been asking for this season, those two in the middle and Yaya pushed up. Will be interesting to see how it works.

K1LLER7

Did you see him today?

Was v poor. He may add a screening ability but he's pure shite with ball at feet.
As were ADM, Januzaj, RVP, and Rooney. Our attackers were off today.

It wasn't the best performance but he's played well recently and doesn't deserve to get dropped imo. He was unlucky to not get a goal today too.

Go_Ly_Dow

Hopefully something like this will be available v Arse.

Di Maria - Rooney/Falcao - Mata/Januzaj

Carrick - Blind - Herrera

Shaw - Jones/Evans - McNair - Rafael/Valencia

dc89

Oh shiiiiii.

SEE! This is why we have to take early chances, thank God that's offside. Well held by the defence.

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON.

WHAT JOE.

Top Bottom