• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Blablurn

I hope Bremen wins today. Just to see Dortmund at the end. Sorry Penny. You will win soon. But I wanna see you on the last place. Reasons.

That was alright I think.

Januzaj and Di Maria were both poor which meant the 4-2-3-1 looked blunt as hell. But the shape of the team was solid and we defended okay. With that defence I'm just happy with the win.

Need more from the attacking players really, not enough quality from the wingers or RVP. I'm really liking these Wilson cameos. He's going to be a good player for us.

Positives from the Liverpool match: Skrtel, Moreno, Can. Moreno will be fantastic when we figure out how to get the left wing functioning in a way that lets him attack at will. Very happy with Can as well, stamina aside. Doesn't seem phased by things unlike Lallana, Lovren and Markovic.

Thanks Villa. What a shite situation we've put ourselves in.

K1LLER7

TJqmlF6.jpg

WHAT A PLAYER

Fintan

Positives from the Liverpool match: Skrtel, Moreno, Can. Moreno will be fantastic when we figure out how to get the left wing functioning in a way that lets him attack at will. Very happy with Can as well, stamina aside. Doesn't seem phased by things unlike Lallana, Lovren and Markovic.

Thanks Villa. What a shite situation we've put ourselves in.
Can did well, especially at the beginning. A lot of energy, some good tackles/interceptions and obviously he scored a goal. As you say, seems quite confident.

K1LLER7

Happy with the win.

RVP needs to improve, as do ADM and Januzaj.

Hopefully we can get Falcao back after the break and start him.

Can did well, especially at the beginning. A lot of energy, some good tackles/interceptions and obviously he scored a goal. As you say, seems quite confident.

Plus he's a brickshit house who moves with surprising grace, which helps :p

Only 20, which is constantly surprising to me for some reason

City are losing this

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I have to say I really like Shane Long's attitude. There's no ego when any of the Saints players get dropped even after they've had a good game. They just get on with it. fantastic.

I'd echo that as well, he was good. We should have learnt from his shot in the first minute that we needed to close him down.

Manager

City are losing this

Will be interesting to see. 4-2-3-1 is a good step for Pellegrini, but I'm not sure Yaya is mobile enough to be supporting striker. Risk is that he's gonna fall back spreading passes and crosses, essentially meaning Navas, Nasri and Aguero will have to do all the movement by themselves (neither Clichy or Sagna has been good offensively... or defensively). Will be interesting to see if Fernandinho move up high or staying down.

I have to say I really like Shane Long's attitude. There's no ego when any of the Saints players get dropped even after they've had a good game. They just get on with it. fantastic.
Honestly I think he's a very decent player. Quite well rounded and his scoring record isn't terrible.

Fee paid really wasn't all that crazy.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
JFNQdCl.png

Remarkable we are still there abouts

Can we please find form though, this week in week out hot and cold is nonsense.

Manager

RIP Jovetic. We dodged quite a bullet there, haven't we.

He's playing like a fucking lunatic. Can't even make the simple 3 meter pass, he MUST do some weird flick/Fifa skill pass. It's really annoying, he keep losing the ball. Making Youtube through balls all the time, one has worked but the rest has all meant losing possession. Someone need to slap the message in his head that he must stop trying to impress everyone with this weird stuff, but he keeps doing it. If he just chilled a bit he'd be playing a lot, but he's in constant panic mode like a rabbit.

At least he's been more lucky with injuries this season.

I don't understand the Herrera situation.

He was our best CM, apart from a half against WBA where he was still injured. And now he's not getting back in the team.

Completely mystifying.

Fucking Costa btw

We had a handle on him pretty much all game, then BOOM, one loose ball in the box and he anticipates it, finishing it with ruthless efficiency. No pissing about trying to curl it into the corner, just twatted into the gap.

That foresight to hang back rather than hitting the far post is the difference between a top striker, and Balotelli.,

Manager

Jojo on the bench.

B17viINIYAAvrTu.jpg

Fucking Sinclair?! What a waste of a kit.

No Nastasic is starting to be really weird. The official Twitter retweeted a fan saying they wanted to see Nastasic on the pitch yesterday. Wonder if it's personal between him and Pellegrini, or if it's Txiki/Ferran who were pissed off when he refused to leave.

Either way, his value is getting totally destroyed, won't get much for him in January...

No Nastasic is starting to be really weird. The official Twitter retweeted a fan saying they wanted to see Nastasic on the pitch yesterday. Wonder if it's personal between him and Pellegrini, or if it's Txiki/Ferran who were pissed off when he refused to leave.

Either way, his value is getting totally destroyed, won't get much for him in January...

Fancy selling him to us?

Really rate the lad.

K1LLER7

I don't understand the Herrera situation.

He was our best CM, apart from a half against WBA where he was still injured. And now he's not getting back in the team.

Completely mystifying.

Fellaini: Brings "balance" to the team, give us much needed height, give us somebody to target, adds a much needed physical presence to the team.

I like Herrera too, but Marwan is needed and is actually playing well at the moment.

dc89

Yeah, something is going on there, such a shame. Send him to NYCFC or something :lol

Zabojnik

He's playing like a fucking lunatic. Can't even make the simple 3 meter pass, he MUST do some weird flick/Fifa skill pass. It's really annoying, he keep losing the ball. Making Youtube through balls all the time, one has worked but the rest has all meant losing possession. Someone need to slap the message in his head that he must stop trying to impress everyone with this weird stuff, but he keeps doing it. If he just chilled a bit he'd be playing a lot, but he's in constant panic mode like a rabbit.

At least he's been more lucky with injuries this season.

The old Jovetic was an altogether different beast. He never fully recovered from his knee injury, but that's beside the point now. He really does look like a fish outta water at City.

Fellaini: Brings "balance" to the team, give us much needed height, give us somebody to target, adds a much needed physical presence to the team.

I like Herrera too, but Marwan is needed and is actually playing well at the moment.

Balance for what? Understand vs. Chelsea/City

Against Palace, Herrera should be playing.

Of course I think he should be playing ahead of Rooney in a midfield position, not Fellani.

Manager

Yeah, something is going on there, such a shame. Send him to NYCFC or something :lol

Read some (stupid) rumours saying he failed some drug test in the spring, would expect something big as that considering how he's treated. But he played a bit in the US.

Fancy selling him to us?

Really rate the lad.

He's completely useless with a high line and aggressive defending, he's more suited for Serie A I think.

Clegg

Did you see him today?

Was v poor. He may add a screening ability but he's pure shite with ball at feet.

He kills build up. Every time.

He's nowhere near as good as Herrera. Seems like there's a weird unjustified myth going around United fans that Herrera's defensive input was poor compared to Fellaini's. Which is bullshit.

Our problem today was slow build up and Fellaini played a massive part in that.

Top Bottom