• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

bobito

Banned
Here's a challenge for you:

See if you guys can remember the Fresh Prince of Bel Air opening lyrics without checking online.

Me and everyone I have asked all got stuck on one line in the verse about the cab.

Wes that's not even a challenge.

Fresh prince is much better then FIFA or football in general!

inky

See if you guys can remember the Fresh Prince of Bel Air opening lyrics without checking online.

Me and everyone I have asked all got stuck on one line in the verse about the cab.

In Spanish, sure.

FootballFan

The opening version or the full song version? I know both m8.

No way to prove that but I do.

Oh, Japan...

mjejauU.gif

K1LLER7

" I whistled for the cab and when it came near, the license plate said fresh with a dice in the mirror"

Of the top of my head. No idea if it's right lol

Meier

From there on.. it goes something like:

I whistled for the cab and when it came near, the license plate said fresh and there was a dice in the mirror, if anything I could say that this cab was rare -- yo homes, to Bel Air!

I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie yo homey, smell ya later, looked at my kingdom I was finally there.. to sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air.

One of my faves from that era. Bought the CD single!

Wes

venison crêpe
From there on.. it goes something like:

I whistled for the cab and when it came near, the license plate said fresh and there was a dice in the mirror, if anything I could say that this cab was rare -- yo homes, to Bel Air!

I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie yo homey, smell ya later, looked at my kingdom I was finally there.. to sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air.

One of my faves from that era. Bought the CD single!

I couldn't remember the rare line for about 30 minutes.

Meier

Looked like Haidara absolutely destroyed Sagna.

Ahh, not as bad as it looked in real time. Could just see Sagna go flying int he corner of the screen. Still looked like a clear yellow though.

Hixx

So it would appear that a number of things have happened in the past 24 hours and people need to chill out a bit. If anyone has an issue they want to raise about anything bring it up with me, or another mod, via PM.

Let's not bog down the thread any further.

thread title

pls wes

pls

inky

Chicha continues his tradition of scoring, even when it doesn't matter ;P

Post the Spanish version

Well, mine is the latin american version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n5CL9wG8lA

That's the whole thing tho, this is the part that was usually in the opening credits:

En Filadelfia yo nací y crecí
con goma de mascar y basket era feliz
siempre tranquilo sin prisas ni nada
nada de escuela instalado en la fiaca

de pronto los maleantes aún ignoro por qué
buscaron problemas y me les enfrenté
mi mami asustada, muy seria me dijo
te mudas ahora mismo con tus tíos de Bel Air

llamé un taxi y al mirarlo noté
que decía fresco yo no sé por qué
no le dí importancia y lo abordé
y me dije a mi mismo casi estás en Bel Air

Al fin llegué a una mansión de lo más elegante
y le dije al taxista ponte desoodorante
mirando mi reino finalmente pensé
ha llegado el príncipe de todo Bel Air

L1NETT

just got in from town and a few late afternoon pints

see Rolando Aarons scored against the blue oil

yes Carbo. Lad is fucking mint

Chicha continues his tradition of scoring, even when it doesn't matter ;P

Well, mine is the latin american version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n5CL9wG8lA

That's the whole thing tho, this is the part that was usually in the opening credits:

En Filadelfia yo nací y crecí
con goma de mascar y basket era feliz
siempre tranquilo sin prisas ni nada
nada de escuela instalado en la fiaca

de pronto los maleantes aún ignoro por qué
buscaron problemas y me les enfrenté
mi mami asustada, muy seria me dijo
te mudas ahora mismo con tus tíos de Bel Air

llamé un taxi y al mirarlo noté
que decía fresco yo no sé por qué
no le dí importancia y lo abordé
y me dije a mi mismo casi estás en Bel Air

Al fin llegué a una mansión de lo más elegante
y le dije al taxista ponte desoodorante
mirando mi reino finalmente pensé
ha llegado el príncipe de todo Bel Air

Holy shit that's completely different than the Spanish ( from Spain ), version.

:lol

For reference:

Aaaahora escucha la historia de mi vida de como el destino cambió mi movida, sin comerlo ni beberlo llegué a ser el chuleta de un barrio llamado Bell Air...
Aaal oeste en Philadelphia crecía y vivía sin hacer mucho caso a la policia juugaba al basket sin cansarme demasiado porque por las noches me sacaba el graduado.Cierto día, jugando al basket con amigos unos tipos del barrio me metieron en un lío y mi madre me decía una y otra veeez:
-¡Con tu tío y tu tía irás a Bell Air!-
Después de rogarla e incluso la besé se dió media vuelta y me trató como un bebé.
Me dió la maleta y el billete de avióóón y entonces me di cuenta de la grave situacióóón...por Dios no está nada mal zumo de naranja en una copa de champange, si estas son las pivas de Bell Air bieen, esto sí que es demasié.
Llamé a un taxi, cuando se acercó su molona matrícula me fascinó.
Quería conocer a la clase de parientes que me espera en Bell Air con aire sonriente...
Aaaa las siete llegué a aquella casa y salí de aquel taxi que olía a cuadra, estaba en Bell Air y la cosa cambiaba, mi trono me esperaba y el príncipe llegaba.Ah

Meier

Jovetic is very creative and can do neat things with the ball, but he just isn't clinical enough. Ball falls to him, and you don't think -- yeah, he's gonna score.

Top Bottom