• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Manchester United have been given the green light to launch a summer bid for Real Madrid's Gareth Bale, 25. (Sunday Express)
And United are preparing moves for Benfica's midfield duo Enzo Perez, 28, and Nicolas Gaitan, 26. Louis Van Gaal also wants Roma midfielder Kevin Strootman, 24, and could spend £80m on the trio. (Daily Star)
Liverpool are considering bringing striker Fernando Torres, 30, back to the club in January, four years after he left Anfield to join Chelsea. The Spaniard is currently on a two-year loan at AC Milan. (Mail on Sunday)
Aston Villa will seal a permanent deal for their on-loan Manchester United midfielder Tom Cleverley, 25, in January. (Sunday Mirror)
Inter Milan are preparing a bid for Tottenham winger Aaron Lennon, 27. (Daily Star)
Spurs, meanwhile, will make a January move for West Brom striker Saido Berahino, 21. (The Sun, subscription required)
Arsenal are set to make a 'monster' bid to finally sign Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, 25, in the January transfer window. (Metro)
The Gunners are also poised to make a move for German international Christoph Kramer. The 23-year-old midfielder would cost £20m from Bayer Leverkusen. (Mail on Sunday)
Borussia Dortmund's midfielder Marco Reus, 25, handed Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal a blow by agreeing to join Real Madrid in a £20m move at the end of the season. (Sunday Express)
Southampton will sign Werder Bremen's controversial winger Eljero Elia, 27, in January. (Sunday Mirror)

OTHER GOSSIP
League Two Hartlepool are facing strong criticism after their manager, Ronnie Moore, said he wants to sign the convicted rapist Ched Evans. The 25-year-old striker was released from prison in October. (Observer)
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge, 25, has bought a £1m penthouse apartment in Liverpool city centre, and moved in with his parents. (Sunday Mirror)
Reds team-mate Raheem Sterling is set to be rested by manager Brendan Rodgers in an effort to prevent the 20-year-old from burning out. (The Sun, the subscription required)
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger insists he is no Scrooge and will be happy to splash the cash in January. (Observer)
Liverpool's American owners are considering possible replacements for under-fire boss Brendan Rodgers and are said to be weighing up the possibility of approaching United States national team coach Jurgen Klinsmann. (Caught Offside)
Manchester United and Chelsea were interested in signing Bojan, 24, when he was a teenager, according to the Stoke attacker's father. (Mail on Sunday)
Ally McCoist may have managed Rangers for the final time as owner Mike Ashley prepares to move to replace him. (Mail on Sunday)
Manchester City are again likely to be without any senior strikers for the Boxing Day clash with West Brom, with Sergio Aguero, Edin Dzeko and Stevan Jovetic all out injured. (Manchester Evening News)
Arsene Wenger says he is happy to have Alexis Sanchez, rather than Luis Suarez, as his star striker at Arsenal. (Sunday Telegraph)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
Queens Park Rangers striker Charlie Austin was busy on social media on Saturday evening. The 25-year-old took little time to post a photo of himself with the match ball after bagging a hat-trick in their victory over West Brom.
There was a contrast in emotion for Hull City's Tom Huddlestone, 27, who tweeted: "Tough time for everyone at the moment. We have to all stick together and keep working hard to get ourselves out of the current situation."

AND FINALLY...
They really are trawling to find talent at Manchester City. Ahead of their victory over Crystal Palace on Saturday, the club arranged for penguins to play football outside the Etihad Stadium and some of them showed good touches. (Metro)

Bale to Man Utd? Football will be dead to me.

inky

Steam says I've got like $90 just by selling cards or booster packs (which are really just card packs).

I got a Dota 2 item by idling during the International that now is worth like $500 as well. I might sell it someday.

Plus Spacechem is a legit GOAT game. Don't be hatin now.

jts

...hate me...
Br0JUCC.gif

You buy keys to open the boxes and see what is inside. You can sell the box, or you can sell what is inside. Or you can keep it.

Abusing overpowered finesse shots >.>

inky

Why would Madrid sell Di Maria lol

Di Maria wanted more money after his Champions Final performance, and PSG were sniffing around too. I would assume Bale is already on a massive contract considering what they paid for him.

But Scum is right, Flore would sell his mother if there was another galáctico to be had.

Linius

I hope they lose this, and get whooped a bunch of more matches afterwards, we need a sdhock effect at this moment to teach these lazy kids.

And gifting PSV the title? Nah. We need this win. Let's hope they can work things out in the winter break.

Linius

gifting

like we gifted you the last 4 titles

Well that's your business. I'd rather don't return favours.

And to be fair, important bits in our titles were about beating you guys. Especially that 2-3 in Eindhoven was good. And last season the 1-0 at home was pretty much the last punch PSV needed.

On SSN this morning they were saying there hasn't been a goalless draw here in this fixture since 1920 something. And then he apologised for jinxing it and they all had a good laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom