• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
Merry Christmas everyone. May all your footballing dreams come true. But not to true. Just true enough not to get relegated. Sorry Dort.

Hixx

Mark of the NINJA is alright. I got a bit frustrated with it towards the end, but what came before was decent enough.

Hixx

I am trying to get in the Christmas spirit

If anyone wants a copy of Assassin's Creed 4 on Xbox One (digital), PM me.

Only stipulations are that: 1) I recognize you from the thread, 2) you prove you have an Xbox One to use it on

One love bredrin

respek

FootballFan

[Hixx:]
It's Christmastime, there's no need to be afraid
At Christmastime, we let in light and we banish shade

[Noal:]
And in our world of plenty we can spread a smile of joy
Throw your arms around the world at Christmastime

[Clegg:]
But say a prayer, Pray for the other ones
At Christmastime it's hard, but when you're having fun

[The Three Stooges - Wedward, Baki and Barzul:]
There's a world outside your window
And it's a world of dread and fear

[Salvadora:]
Where the only water flowing

[Laboured:]
Is the bitter sting of tears

[Dean:]
And the Christmas bells that ring there are the clanging chimes of doom

[Evilore:]
Well tonight thank God it's them instead of you

[Vivalaraza:]
And there won't be snow in Africa this Christmastime
The greatest gift they'll get this year is life

[Carbonox:]
Where nothing ever grows
No rain nor rivers flow

[Everyone in the entire thread:]
Do they know it's Christmastime at all?

[Steverulez:]
Here's to you

[Scum:]
Raise a glass for everyone

[Messi:]
Spare a thought this yuletide for the deprived
If the table was turned would you survive

[Bungie:]
Here's to them

[Kyoufu:]
Underneath that burning sun

[Linius:]
You ain't gotta feel guilt just selfless
Give a little help to the helpless

[Cartoon soldier:]
Do they know it's Christmastime at all?

[Flutter:]
Feed the world

[Linett:]
Feed the world

[FootballFan:]
Feed the world

[Elsk:]
Feed the world

[Everyone in full chorus line.]
Feed the world
Let them know it's Christmastime again - [repeated]

[Everyone:]
Feed the world

[Everyone in full chorus line.]
Feed the world - [repeated to end]

[Mumei ]
[Ad libs over outro]

kYFVZc5.png

What song is this supposed to be?

I only know Makaveli and Bob Dylan songs.

Linius

I am trying to get in the Christmas spirit

If anyone wants a copy of Assassin's Creed 4 on Xbox One (digital), PM me.

Only stipulations are that: 1) I recognize you from the thread, 2) you prove you have an Xbox One to use it on

One love bredrin

respek

If you have an Xbox One to go with it I'm your man. I'll wire you the shipping costs, I'm generous like that.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Merry Christmas everyone!

Paulinho's imminent departure is a better gift than I could ever have wished for.

Alan Pardew - Man of the Year 2014

Many have a legitimate claim to this title. Sepp Blatter of course continued his admirable commitment to being that most dangerous of arseholes, the powerful arsehole, and is bidding for another four glorious years of powerful arseholery. Cristiano Ronaldo continued to defy logic and sense, physics and biology (you suspect he's working on chemistry too...although not like that), records and reasonable expectations of sporting form. Roy Keane wrote a book, grew a beard then gave Tom Cleverley a Pavlovian fear of doorbells.

Massimo Cellino appointed you as Leeds manager, then sacked you 12 days later. With Atletico Madrid Diego Simeone won the title, nearly won the Champions League and began morphing into young Vito Corleone from the Godfather II. Malky Mackay offended gay snakes everywhere, but was then made to look like some sort of liberal PC pinko by new boss Dave Whelan, who formed an unlikely alliance with Morrissey in the 'Saying Ghastly Things About The Chinese' club, Greater Manchester branch.

Wayne Rooney won his 100th cap for England, while Fara Williams became her country's most-capped player. Luis Felipe Scolari made Brazil, a country summed up perfectly in four words by journalist Tim Vickery, cry after being torn several new ones by Germany. Eddie Howe performed small miracles at Bournemouth. Luis Suarez bit a chap for the third (third!) time on a football pitch then high-tailed it at the first opportunity it from the club that debased themselves by supporting him after he was found guilty of racist abuse. Steve Gerrard, Gerrard, slipped on his f***ing arse.

Richard Keys came incredibly close to taking the title, but trying to write anything remotely amusing about him is basically pointless, because it would pale in comparison to his blog in which he assures us he's definitely, DEFINITELY happier working for BeIn Sports in Qatar than he was at Sky, or his World Cup video diaries in which be bantered with Andy Gray and seemed to permanently have food stuck in his teeth.

Where to start with ol' Chunky? Pards of course kicked off the year in flamboyant fashion, instructing Manuel Pellegrini 'shut your noise you f***ing old c**t', which would have been a solid gold slice of excellence even if the Chilean wasn't only eight years Pardew's senior. Which, of course, he is. A few months later, as the defeats and the pressure piled up, he stuck a nut on David Meyler, the result of an argument over a throw-in, which is about as close to performance art as football gets. In a World Cup summer one would think May-August would not leave much room for a mere club manager to take the spotlight, but that reckons without Pards, who "paid tribute" to himself after the signing Remy Cabella.

He then entered the season with aplomb, and by 'aplomb' we do of course mean 'not winning many games at all': one, in fact, from Newcastle's first nine matches, and that was against Gillingham. And herein lies the real reason Pardew is so entertaining; it's because he's a bit like one of those players who bumbles around the pitch for 88 minutes, then does something implausibly brilliant that makes everyone watching check their coffee for a hallucinogen, like a tramp in a rubbish comedy film. The Marlon Harewood Conundrum, as anthropologists have come to know it.

For most of the time he looks like the bluffer's bluffer, a chancer who got his job thanks to bonhomie around the poker table and has kept it because his boss is seemingly on a one-man mission to deliberately annoy thousands of Geordies. Then he goes on a six-game winning streak and you think, actually, he might have something this lad, isn't someone who did the right thing by accident for a while and, like a silver-haired stopped-clock, achieved momentary success. But that's immediately followed by a universe-balancing one win in six, that win being, obviously, for this is Pards, against Chelsea. Just enough success to feed his ego, not enough to convince most that he isn't a hugely entertaining fraud.

And then the excuses. Oh, the excuses. You'll probably be familiar with them, but if not they've been helpfully collated on the internet, but should you not wish to leave Football365 even for a moment, Pardew has at various points blamed for Newcastle's woes; fans being too loud, fans being too quiet, social media, the Europa League, the length of grass, the Notting Hill Carnival, agents, young players and the nation of Senegal. Among others.

Linius

Trying to order a blu-ray from a webshop here, it's on sale for a tenner. But this webshop is working with a minimum amount of 15 euros in order to be able to buy something from them. Are we not in 2014 yet? Jesus.

Fergie

Banned
Happy christmas Footie-GAF.

Congrats Odd.

Feels dull without football, but I just spent some money on upgrading my PC so it's all good. 150+ steam games and I have played about 5%. It's a sickness.

Watch out Newcastle.

The interview should be out on UK this week. Sony please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom