• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Guys I want to hate The Hobbit 3 too but I don't know where to start because I dont know anything about LOTR

It was barely a battle of five armies I guess but I dunno, I enjoyed it and now I kinda feel bad about it. I don't want to have shit taste ;_; Wilbur make a list of what they did wrong please ;_;

the dragon was the best thing about this pointless trilogy

imagine not being able to do something because someone else told you not to

ain't nobody got time for afterlife, let's do everything NOW

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=144556570

I still haven't got a Steam wishlist
JzKGOjM.png

I have 3 games on mine. As big as the PC library is, I can't be arsed with 99.99% of it :p

Even the classic games like Deus Ex, Fallout, Baldur's Gate are just too old for me to want to play them

Arnie

I thought the first two Hobbits were a bit pants, so I'm really not surprised to see the third getting panned. Absolutely baffled me why people were posting excited IMAX selfies around release, like it was a film anyone should be fucking excited about or that it wasn't going to be a largely diluted shot of LOTR fluff.

Anyway, just had a sensational kip, heading to Burnley away today with a m8. Few San Miguel Frescas in the car. Back home in time for shit telly and leftover stuffing.

Yeah, Hobbit 3 is a bad movie, but I had fun.

Not defending it in any way, I just switch my mind off and enjoyed the battle scenes. Know what disappointed me the most though? I thought The Hobbit books were far superior to LOTR. More tight and well paced.

The movie adaptation of the Hobbit however, was bloated.

Oh fuck this is perfect. I got error ce-34878-0 on my Metro Redux game. I searched for it and it seems to be a save file corruption. I have to delete the game and download it again but I can't due to the fucking outage. I really hope I won't lose my progress or someone is gonna die.

Arnie

Our lads were training. Half the training photos were #KoloBanter

Hoping for some #KoloBanter at Turf Moor.

Might need some gloves.

Yeah, Hobbit 3 is a bad movie, but I had fun.

Not defending it in any way, I just switch my mind off and enjoyed the battle scenes. Know what disappointed me the most though? I thought The Hobbit books were far superior to LOTR. More tight and well paced.

The movie adaptation of the Hobbit however, was bloated.

There is more than one Hobbit book?

Not sure when I'll get round to watching the third Hobbit film

LotR's changes from the source material didn't bother me so much as I think they led to the films being better.

The changes in the first 2 Hobbit films serve primarily to make them longer and more action-packed to the detriment of atmosphere as far as I can tell. I only read it once over a decade ago so could be misremembering, but the joy of reading The Hobbit came in the close calls and narrow escapes as it built towards the final set piece, not from constant fight scenes.

The moment Legolas came into it, I decided that Jackson had fucking lost the plot, quite literally. I have no problem with Bloom's Legolas, but his inclusion in The Hobbit was just jarring.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Top of the morning m80s! Just got home from work, drank half a bottle of Don Julio during the shift and my stomach feels like it wants to call earl but I remain defiant. I'm ready for real football in an hour! Come on West Sam!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

LotR's changes from the source material didn't bother me so much as I think they led to the films being better.

The changes in the first 2 Hobbit films serve primarily to make them longer and more action-packed to the detriment of atmosphere as far as I can tell. I only read it once over a decade ago so could be misremembering, but the joy of reading The Hobbit came in the close calls and narrow escapes as it built towards the final set piece, not from constant fight scenes.

The moment Legolas came into it, I decided that Jackson had fucking lost the plot, quite literally. I have no problem with Bloom's Legolas, but his inclusion in The Hobbit was just jarring.
Fucking eagles coulda ended our misery in 5 pages, in both trilogies.

K1LLER7

All this time I thought Legolas was in the Hobbit books lol

Feel like watching LoTR trilogy now.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
But Dat Dragon would've toasted all those Eagles.
A few, sure. With a kamikaze approach and by swarming up their target they can shit on everything. Fly Frodo above the clouds and aint nobody gonna touch you

And hey we can always kill Cumberbatch with an arrow to the knee

Or was it chest

Walshy

After the Hobbit films, I am kind of glad that we won't get a Silmarillion film(s).

It would be extremely hard to adapt into a movie and I don't think Peter Jackson is the right person to do it.

It could work as a mini-series though.

Blablurn

hey love your avatar
who is that handsome guy. I think he should win an award or something

Im not sure. I found it randomly on the Internet and wanted to show my appreciation by using it! Lets hope he wins smth!

Marco Polo kinda grew on me, one episode left. It's not exactly top tier television, but they make it work, somehow.

And I've just set up a spectacular anti-Bayern formation too. :(

I suck anyway. The CPU runs easily through my defense when I play MyClub. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. When I played FIFA the X Button was the magic key. Here it's not :(

Zabojnik

I suck anyway. The CPU runs easily through my defense when I play MyClub. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. When I played FIFA the X Button was the magic key. Here it's not :(

You seemed to be doing pretty fine the other day. Fuck MyClub. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Blablurn

You seemed to be doing pretty fine the other day. Fuck MyClub. Ain't nobody got time for that.

:lol

I started the Master League once but I'm kinda done with it. Master League gives the whole league thing some spice. Plus I had luck. I got Götze, Hulk, Ribery and Lahm. So I'm not only playing with idiots.

K1LLER7

A few, sure. With a kamikaze approach and by swarming up their target they can shit on everything. Fly Frodo above the clouds and aint nobody gonna touch you

And hey we can always kill Cumberbatch with an arrow to the knee

Or was it chest
Wasn't it the neck lol

To the knee would only work on Vidal and Falcao :(

That was some BS though. Cumberbatch deserved better, at least let Legolas do the arrowing.

Blablurn

I love how Fady even retweets the fucking Chelsea bench
BwNL0oP.png

What the hell???? I understand when you retweet the lineup.
myyqQEs.png

But the bench???
JzKGOjM.png

Salazar

Khaled Al Nouss ‏@KhaledAlNouss 2h2 hours ago
Tomas Pochettino's transfer to Juventus is postponed to 2015, maybe in the summer due to a physical problems. [TMW]

lol

One increasingly suspects some Doctor Moreau shit

#Juvephysicalproblems

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Khaled Al Nouss ‏@KhaledAlNouss 2h2 hours ago
Tomas Pochettino's transfer to Juventus is postponed to 2015, maybe in the summer due to a physical problems. [TMW]

lol

One increasingly suspects some Doctor Moreau shit

#Juvephysicalproblems
Christ :lol who the FUCK is that :lol

Clegg

In his half season at Chelsea Fabregas has as many assists in the PL as Oscar has in his two and a half.

Fabregas: 12 in 17 appearances.

Oscar: 12 in 82

RiggyRob

Is there a worse predicament than being a Man Utd fan in Newcastle, on Boxing Day, a week after they lost to Sunderland?

Pardiola's going to get RUMBOOOOOO'D.

Played some Fifa 15 yesterday with my brother, score was 1-0 to me in the 80th minute and my brother is on a counter attack down the right wing with my defence AWOL so I bring out my keeper way too soon and my brother crosses with an attacking player running onto the ball with the goal to his mercy, and he did what can only be described as an overhead kick while slipping, even though the ball was on the ground. He completely fucks it up and the ball goes out for a goal kick.

It was legit the funniest thing i've ever seen on fifa. I wish we recorded it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom