• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah whatever man.
Reminds me of those who say, "There's just something great about vinyl. The sound quality is so worth the extra £20."

What if it comes free with your cd though and looks amazing.

nIYNIEn.jpg

ibcQEAknQpBd7i.png

Honey Bunny

there's a feeling of putting the cd on your player that no downloading of mp3s or spotify will ever replace. the cover art + the little booklet, those small things.

Time to get off the personal computer grandpa

Yeah whatever man.
Reminds me of those who say, "There's just something great about vinyl. The sound quality is so worth the extra £20."

Well, vinyl does actually have a unique sound, there's nothing wrong with someone preferring it. The key is that it sounds different - not necessarily better - to any other format.

jts

...hate me...
Only drawback for digital is the permanent ownership, IMO.

Get around that and I'll be a happy future man.

I already buy more digital than physical anyway. Much more.

I do so too but only because of games. and really mostly because they are so much cheaper + they completely killed off anything nice about boxed games, it's pretty much just a digital code these days anyway.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah whatever man.

i dont actually use my cds to listen to music
i just like to have them in a corner for me to admire.

so much shit I have on my PSN account I'd like to sell

All in, Chelsea invested almost £85m in Fernando Torres, which represents an absurd ~£4.25m for each league goal he scored for the club.

N1oDoHY.jpg

He won that corner against you guys for Drogba's 1-1 goal. Worth all the money.
xLDVHO7.png

i dont actually use my cds to listen to music
i just like to have them in a corner for me to admire.

I don't really use them too often either, at most to rip them but I'm lazy and will probably just download it instead. Quite a lot of the cd's I buy are available free anyway, I just wanna support the ones making it because I'm such a good guy you know.

and because I like having it as physical media

I wonder if Steam will ever go offline. Like for good.

Pretty likely, and possibly not as far into the future as you'd hope. Obviously they're very financially secure right now, but things change quickly.

I think its much more likely that Steam will eventually lose everything except for hosting games people have already bought, possibly with a subscription fee, or if necessary, just removing DRM from all prior purchases and dissolving.

It won't be around forever, and the fallout when the first big digital provider can no longer allow people to ownload things they've already bought will be spectacular. I expect that'll be the PS3 digital library or something, though they have the benefit that people will have moved on from that service by the time that happens.

Nothing lasts forever. I consider buying digital games on any platform to be more akin to indefinitely renting them than owning them tbh. A time will come when I can't access them any more.

Blablurn

He won that corner against you guys for Drogba's 1-1 goal. Worth all the money.
xLDVHO7.png

I don't really use them too often either, at most to rip them but I'm lazy and will probably just download it instead. Quite a lot of the cd's I buy are available free anyway, I just wanna support the ones making it because I'm such a good guy you know.

and because I like having it as physical media

You always have to remind me, dont u?

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if Steam will ever go offline. Like for good.

I heard that Valve already developed a killswitch that removes all their DRM in case that ever happens, so I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about uPlay not being removed when the time comes. It already happened with stuff like Bulletstorm and GFWL.

Pretty likely, and possibly not as far into the future as you'd hope. Obviously they're very financially secure right now, but things change quickly.

I think its much more likely that Steam will eventually lose everything except for hosting games people have already bought, possibly with a subscription fee, or if necessary, just removing DRM from all prior purchases and dissolving.

It won't be around forever, and the fallout when the first big digital provider can no longer allow people to ownload things they've already bought will be spectacular. I expect that'll be the PS3 digital library or something, though they have the benefit that people will have moved on from that service by the time that happens.

Nothing lasts forever. I consider buying digital games on any platform to be more akin to indefinitely renting them than owning them tbh. A time will come when I can't access them any more.

Yep it will happen sooner or later to all the services. But I put my faith into hackers removing all the DRM and shit on pc at least, and to some extend also consoles with emulation (although I know PS3 is tricky as fuck), I mean they already do it for pretty much everything, so it shouldn't be such a big problem whenever it does happen.

You always have to remind me, dont u?

Well think about it this way, while you won it the year after, Chelsea still had Torres for quite some time. Chelsea lost in the end.

I heard that Valve already developed a killswitch that removes all their DRM in case that ever happens, so I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about uPlay not being removed when the time comes. It already happened with stuff like Bulletstorm and GFWL.

Surely that DRM is there for the publishers as much as it is for Valve though? I can't see Valve just being allowed to remove it from everything without agreeing it with each game's publisher.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Surely that DRM is there for the publishers as much as it is for Valve though? I can't see Valve just being allowed to remove it from everything without agreeing it with each game's publisher.

I'd imagine any dev that agreed to have their game on Steam already gave those rights to Valve.

Blablurn

Yep it will happen sooner or later to all the services. But I put my faith into hackers removing all the DRM and shit on pc at least, and to some extend also consoles with emulation (although I know PS3 is tricky as fuck), I mean they already do it for pretty much everything, so it shouldn't be such a big problem whenever it does happen.

Well think about it this way, while you won it the year after, Chelsea still had Torres for quite some time. Chelsea lost in the end.

:lol

Or we both won because our teams won it all and Manchester didnt even qualify for the CL later on. What a time to be Chelsea and Bayern.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I hope Dembele and Lennon play tomorrow. Those two always do well against United.

These threads are the best, fuck OT

Bantergate
Wilbur banned for being vulgar, on the same day soemeone made a 10-page thread about favourite fetishes
Quiche vs Cola (though thats a FIFAGAF thing really)
Plus some more that I can't think of right now

magnifique

Is shadow of mordor worth a purchase?

Might pick it up tomorrow. Seems to be a popular game of the year choice/nomination.

Honestly thought it was extremely boring, pretty much Assasins Creed set in lord of the rings universe (which really isn't very inspiring to explore).

Hixx

Might pick it up tomorrow. Seems to be a popular game of the year choice/nomination.

If you aren't very good at it, the game is apparently more enjoyable.

Which is stupid as fuck. Needed a hard mode. Otherwise I thought it was a very average game.

Wilbur

Banned

I liked it. Not as good as Batman, better than Assassin's Creed. Fun way to spend a few hours.

Literally just got past the bit in DA:I where you see the title screen. So much lore being thrown at me, bit overwhelmed right now. Missing a first person Skyrim camera too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom