• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had no service, and could easily have had an assist. Best striker on the pitch, at least among those actually playing up front.

His work rate was impressive. Put Mason in, was raped by Rooney in the box and got a great tackle in on Rooney.

Thought everyone played well today, Townsend is so frustrating though, shoot on sight. Stambouli, Davies and Fazio impressed me today.

K1LLER7

Spurs were better in the 2nd half.

They pressed higher and our CBs didn't know what to do with the ball other than hoof it. Thank fuck January is here, we need a CB signing.

Jarnet87

We're terrible playing off the ground. Our defenders can't even get the ball out of our own end and we can only really play out to the wings. We have no play through the middle which is always baffling. Fellaini is incredibly missed being the only person who can really win aerial battles.

without Fellaini hoofing it up is just giving away possession. May as well try to keep possession and attempt to play it on the ground. It's another reason we need to go back to a 4 man back line. The less center backs we have on the pitch the better.

jesalr

Kane was better than Falcao and van Persie, so I don't really know what a few United fans are dribbling about

Yes Wilbur!

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 4m4 minutes ago
5 - Tottenham are now unbeaten in five PL games vs Man Utd, only the third team (after Liverpool 00-02 & Blackburn 04-06) to do this. Graft.

Who in the name of sweet fuckery wants to watch Inverness vs Aberdeen when Southampton vs Chelsea is on? Scottish football should be played on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays.

without Fellaini hoofing it up is just giving away possession. May as well try to keep possession and attempt to play it on the ground. It's another reason we need to go back to a 4 man back line. The less center backs we have on the pitch the better.

We seem to never have a run of good possession, especially against clubs that aren't shit. We're awful at getting balls in to the strikers. At least if we have an aerial presence we can have the option to gain possession in the center or push on to the strikers for a quick break. Our play right now is 1. play out to the defenders for a slow, nervy build up that usually ends with poor passing or 2. punt it and lose aerial duels...

edit: so pretty much we're saying the same thing... too early in the morning to be this frustrated.

Wilbur

Banned
Mata was great, de Gea his usual solid self, Defence were all fine, Young had a good first half and Rooney had his moments.

Lack of killer instinct up top fucked us in this game.

Clegg

Right now a midfielder is a more pressing signing than a centre half. When we were dominating Spurs it was fine but with half an hour to go it was noticeable that they started winning more breaking balls. Carrick was the only midfielder doing his job properly and he was wrecked after 70.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Talk to me about Falcao united gaf

Tell me stories about when he could score

K1LLER7

Right now a midfielder is a more pressing signing than a centre half. When we were dominating Spurs it was fine but with half an hour to go it was noticeable that they started winning more breaking balls. Carrick was the only midfielder doing his job properly and he was wrecked after 70.
Herrera needs to play more. Carrick needs a partner in there who isn't Rooney.

If we continue with this 3 at the back thing, we need defenders who are comfortable at playing it out when the opposition presses. Otherwise we just hoof it up.

jesalr

Really starting to believe Pochettino is making this team so much fitter.

Lasting the 90 minutes a lot better than most teams we play.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Did the game kick off at 12? I thought it was 2pm??

I4ye61x.png

Arnie

Kane getting shit for being good is an interesting twist on James Wilson getting praise for being James Wilson.

Don't worry, though. Falcao just kneeds a run of games.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Really starting to believe Pochettino is making this team so much fitter.

Lasting the 90 minutes a lot better than most teams we play.

Yep. We are getting results by working hard, it's coming together.

I don't think that's a pen.

Why not?

I just don't

Fuck off Hargreaves you tit. The block was obviously a foul, but the pulling afterwards is clearly a pen.

Salazar

Kane was better than Falcao and van Persie, so I don't really know what a few United fans are dribbling about

Possible to be better than Falcao and RVP and still be broadly ineffectual, mate.

To be fair, we contributed all of the ugly to the second half. Christ we were poor.

TeddyBoy

You know, I'd be OK with Liverpool giving Villa stupid money for Ron Vlaar

He's certainly a leader that we want, I can't seem to figure out which side of centre back he plays. We've got Sakho and Lovren for left side and Toure and Skrtel for the right side, then we have Ilori, Wisdom and Coates to come back from their loans.

We have too many CBs and they are all quite mediocre.

arkon

Kane getting shit for being good is an interesting twist on James Wilson getting praise for being James Wilson.

Don't worry, though. Falcao just kneeds a run of games.

It amounted to fuck all though. You can flip it around and say it's the same thing people give the United lot shit for when they're praising Adnan for almost doing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom