• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnet87

Right now a midfielder is a more pressing signing than a centre half. When we were dominating Spurs it was fine but with half an hour to go it was noticeable that they started winning more breaking balls. Carrick was the only midfielder doing his job properly and he was wrecked after 70.

We need to dump a striker to add a midfielder. 4-2-3-1, balance is everything.

He's certainly a leader that we want, I can't seem to figure out which side of centre back he plays. We've got Sakho and Lovren for left side and Toure and Skrtel for the right side, then we have Ilori, Wisdom and Coates to come back from their loans.

We have too many CBs and they are all quite mediocre.

Coates is a non-issue. Whether he leaves or not, he won't be near the team. Ideally we'll get someone younger to take Toure's place (Wisdom?), Sakho will become a mainstay, and Lovren and Skrtel will be given until May to improve. Could well end up in a position where we're trying to replace all of them over the next 18 months though

Talk to me about Falcao united gaf

Tell me stories about when he could score

He has a goal or assist every 125 minutes or so. That's pretty good. Aside from that stat, he's done well in almost every performance.

some of you are acting like he's a fucking liverpool striker stinking it up after 1200 minutes or so

bobito

Banned
It amounted to fuck all though. You can flip it around and say it's the same thing people give the United lot shit for when they're praising Adnan for almost doing something.

In fairness Kane's all round game is good which builds upon the increased spurs work ethic mentioned by others in this thread. A player like adnan only really offers an offensive threat, so if that is muted it is a larger issue.

Edit: I think Adnan is good though note

It amounted to fuck all though. You can flip it around and say it's the same thing people give the United lot shit for when they're praising Adnan for almost doing something.

This sounds ridiculous, but a 'should-have-been assist' is end product for me. Its not his fault it didn't go in. Adnan is a nearly man, Kane is a someone else fucked up man

Adnan will come good though as long as he gets loaned out

Tc91

Kane getting shit for being good is an interesting twist on James Wilson getting praise for being James Wilson.

Don't worry, though. Falcao just kneeds a run of games.

What did Kane do?

Completely missed the ball from whoever did that reverse pass in the 1st half and put Mason in for a shot in the 2nd.

Wow. 'Outstanding' says Ollie Holt. Roy start him for England.

Hixx

I don't understand why someone cannot analyse a football team, unless they support that team. Bizarre concept at best.

Tantamount to sticking your thumbs in your ears and shouting "nanananananaan".

The response of a bairn, essentially.

TeddyBoy

Coates is a non-issue. Whether he leaves or not, he won't be near the team. Ideally we'll get someone younger to take Toure's place (Wisdom?), Sakho will become a mainstay, and Lovren and Skrtel will be given until May to improve. Could well end up in a position where we're trying to replace all of them over the next 18 months though

I'm just trying to avoid a situation where we have 6 cbs on our books like we had last season.

I really want to replace Skrtel at some point, we've been looking to upgrade on him since Kenny but we keep putting it off because we prioritise other areas of the defence.

Blablurn

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiet
uMW3dcp.png

bud

arsene do you see how not entirely impossible it is to score against chelsea when you just properly set your team up

are you even reading this

fucking idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom