• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Yep, all you had to do was spend a bit of money and watch everyone around you play like planks. ;)

Better to be lucky than good eh Dolecare.

Well, of the money we spent... Falcao, ADM, Shaw and Blind have all barely featured in this five game run, and Rojo is shit.

Bold One

Cheers
7LebMKT.gif

I expect either Gerrard has a monster of a game or a shit one against United. We'll probably lose.

Now if Sturridge comes back fit and fighting in January, and if we can make a decent signing/get some of our summer misfires going, we have a chance at fourth.

If anyone can suggest a Netflix film, I'm all ears

Snowpiercer

scently

It was awful

We played on the counter the whole match

Maybe it's Blind that we need to get us back to 4-4-2

Carrick is much better than Blind. I like Blind. I like how quick he gets his passes off. But Carrick it a much better passer of the ball and reads the games and dictates it much better.

Dark Rider

while digging the old threads
turn out that Bla is one of the oldest members still posting in footygaf
I was just a lurker :p

TeegsD

Im not one to agree with doicare but 40+ injuries in about 3 months is kinda ridiculous. We have an army of glass cannons

Yep, all you had to do was spend a bit of money and watch everyone around you play like planks. ;)

Better to be lucky than good eh Dolecare.

All of our signings have been injured. Rojo didn't start the season due to work permit, and he missed a couple of games through injury. Falcao was signed late and has missed most of the season through injury. Most of his time spent on the pitch is through sub appearances. Blind is now injured. Herrera has been injured in patches throughout the season. Shaw has been injured this season.

El Topo

Wait, new thread? Okay, time to post it again.

I'm about to finish Danganronpa 2. This has gotten stupid. I like that they (sort of) reference the enormous plot hole of the first game and try (and completely fail) to brush it away.
Huge step-down from the first game. Worse setting, worse characters, worse cases, worse gimmicks (Improved Hangman's Gambit specifically). Still good, but far from great.

Edit:
Fuck that revelation. This is stupid.

bud

first they took away his chips, and now they've spilled drinks on him.

rio has such a hard life.

Bold One

I expect either Gerrard has a monster of a game or a shit one against United. We'll probably lose.

Now if Sturridge comes back fit and fighting in January, and if we can make a decent signing/get some of our summer misfires going, we have a chance at fourth. (I said something similar in Kenny's season, no doubt)

If anyone can suggest a Netflix film, I'm all ears

The Nines

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Yay new thread

I'm about to finish Danganronpa 2. This has gotten stupid. I like that they (sort of) reference the enormous plot hole of the first game and try (and completely fail) to brush it away.

It's ridiculous and honestly the ending of both games are horrible, but the 2nd one reaches a new low.

Meier

This feels like the kind of game where Fellaini will throw an elbow and/or go mental and get sent off. A lot of little mistakes, taking too long with the ball, etc. He's gotta snap eventually.

Southampton don't look like they have another goal in them right now. It's all very sloppy and they're going to tire out. Probably going to end 1-1 or with a United win IMO.

2 for 2.

jts

...hate me...
When Scolari parted with Portugal NT to join Chelsea:
Scolari :lol:lol:lol

Good riddance. Poor Chelski fans though, he doesn't have what it takes to manage a club, sorry guys. Let alone an english Champions League club.

Won't last more than one season.
DROPPING FUCKING LOADS OF KNOWLEDGE BACK IN 2008

Absolutely sensational.

El Topo

It's ridiculous and honestly the ending of both games are horrible, but the 2nd one reaches a new low.

The ending of the first game was ridiculous, but I could accept it, ignoring how it makes no sense and caused huge plot holes.The game had interesting characters that developed over the course of the story, that the story was just a lot more dynamic and engaging, the premise was still new, so I could live with it.

The second one is just disappointing. There's some really horrendously bad and annoying characters. At the end of the game, I was kinda hoping none of them would make it.

Bakkus

Watched the game at a pub. Yeah, we were lucky. Although Southampton wasn't very good either. I thought they would press much harder after we went up 2-1, but they barely had a chance after that. 3-5-2 needs to go ASAP.

arkon

The Clank is back in full swing isn't it?

Also Rojo's passing from the back is incredible. He should stop dribbling though. I would convert him into a DM.

L1NETT

We're only a couple of players away, and thats what makes it so painful.

a lot of turnips who know as much about football as alan shearers bum cheeks were predicted yous for the drop so wouldn't worry too much. Season couldn't have gone too much better considering what happened in the summer.

And you aren't playing Millwall away in the cup

Or thinkin about booking up to go Fleetwood on boxing day :/

K1LLER7

The Clank is back in full swing isn't it?

Also Rojo's passing from the back is incredible. He should stop dribbling though. I would convert him into a DM.
Yeah with the passing.

He needs to chill with the dribbles but his passing was good whenever he had to go long. Also thought he won some good headers towards the end of the game. He was coming forward and attacking the ball

Evans needs some games under his belt. Looked slow on the ball and led to silly mistakes. Shame with Smalling getting injured as he was playing surprisingly well recently.

K1LLER7

Rojo is a centre back that can't defend. Should have played him at LB.
He looks better in a back 4.

As do most of our defenders.

I hope we stay away from 3 at the back. We've never looked good with it bar pre-season.

RVP was like his old self today. Was brilliant at holding the ball up and linked up well. Hope he can carry this form onwards.

Just watched the United match since I TiVoed it while at work. Shocking play from the midfield. RVP was our savior today. Rppney should've taken the day off. 3 ugly points but I'll take em.

Salazar

“We have a great squad,” Carroll said, “and I can't say we are going to give up now we are in the top three. We have got a great team and we can go all the way. With the team we have got, and the manager, the way he is coaching everyone, it is fantastic, and I don’t think we will be giving up at all. I think there is no limit. We can go all the way to the top.”

Plonker

3Sixty

Loved the difference from Fellani when Waynama went head to head with hims compared to Jacky Boy.

He knew he'd get sparked by the #BigBlackVic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom