• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

1743519_10153563132476686_8683767798978510074_n.jpg

It looks like someones remaking Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with an all male cast.

K1LLER7

“United got away with murder tonight,” Neville said in his role as Sky TV pundit. “As an ex-legend, or legend, he should pay attention to his words,” snapped Van Gaal.

Van Gaal picked out Van Persie for special praise claiming he was one of only three United players to meet the required standard.

“It was not only the goals, but also his performance,” Van Gaal said of Van Persie. “He was one of the three united players who were good. He had a great influence on the result. That was his best performance (for me).

“It’s fantastic to be third in the table but I had hoped we would have done it with better performances. Tonight we were the lucky team. Three good players, the rest were not good. Normally you have six, seven or eight players who are good. Today we had too many who weren’t.”

Gary, You've been told!

3 players, my guess = RVP, Carrick and De Gea.

The rest were average to bad. Herrera did okay to inject a bit of energy into midfield but its not enough on his own. Deserves a start vs Liverpool, but he'll probably get benched again.

Chelsea fans anywhere near the club's training ground over the past week may have got something of a surprise. Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport report on Thursday that last weekend, Fernando Torres travelled back to Chelsea's training ground for treatment.

The Spanish striker is struggling from injury and despite being on a two year loan at AC Milan, and despite that taking him to the end of his Chelsea contract, Torres decided that he'd prefer to see Chelsea physios. The striker has a problem with his right ankle and travelled to Chelsea to get advice and to have it looked at.

#evaeffect

We were shit, and we got away with murder. Yeah 3-5-2 is not working for us but that's no reason for the players poor performances innit.

WTF is wrong with Evans. And Rojo.

Anyway guys, any good football podcasts to listen to? It being hilarious is a plus.

Rooney and Mata were disappointing today

Fellini was worse than normal, even his elbow wasn't all that

Valencia, Young and Rojo were having a laugh

arkon

We were shit, and we got away with murder. Yeah 3-5-2 is not working for us but that's no reason for the players poor performances innit.

WTF is wrong with Evans. And Rojo.

Anyway guys, any good football podcasts to listen to? It being hilarious is a plus.

Football Weekly or Football Ramble are part of the usual recommendations. I listen to both. Well worth checking out.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Is there any way to watch the first hour of monday night football? I missed it and we have virgin so I dont have a sky acc (if its even on there). Want to hear them talk about the weekend games.

Fintan

Football Weekly or Football Ramble are part of the usual recommendations. I listen to both. Well worth checking out.
I would add Second Captains. It's an Irish show so at times, especially during international breaks, it has a slant towards Irish football but most of the time it covers Premier League, CL etc. A bit more journalistic than the other two, but also quite funny at times. Ken Early is entertaining.

I would add Second Captains. It's an Irish show so at times, especially during international breaks, it has a slant towards Irish football but most of the time it covers Premier League, CL etc. A bit more journalistic than the other two, but also quite funny at times. Ken Early is entertaining.

Will try that. I like the football ramble quite a lot, but football weekly is annoying me a bit, wish it was longer.

Rafael is back in training, he could potentially play against Liverpool.

I doubt Di Maria and Shaw will be be back, but we'll have to see who trains on the weekend.

Is there any way to watch the first hour of monday night football? I missed it and we have virgin so I dont have a sky acc (if its even on there). Want to hear them talk about the weekend games.

If you google the terms "footy" and "origin" you might have some luck.

Yen

If you google the terms "footy" and "origin" you might have some luck.

There are conflicting explanations of the origin of the word "football". It is widely assumed that the word "football" (or "foot ball") references the action of the foot kicking a ball. There is an alternative explanation, which is that football originally referred to a variety of games in medieval Europe, which were played on foot. There is no conclusive evidence for either explanation.

???

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Wonder how Mcnair will handle being taken off and with LvG being honest about why? I wonder if knowing Evans stayed on made him feel worse.

Clegg

Football Weekly is vapid

Telling you m77, listen to Second Captains. Like Fintan says, it's an Irish podcast so they discuss our domestic and international teams a bit, but our season is finished and there are no internationals so it's all Premier League and European football right now. Shows are usually an hour long so they spend a bit more time talking about the matches and have a lot more time to discuss continental football with their guests. Where guys like Honigstein and Auclair may get 2-3 minutes on FW they can get anywhere up to 15 minutes of Second Captains. There's a bit on 'banter' between the hosts but nowhere near the levels FW has gotten to.

Wonder how Mcnair will handle being taken off and with LvG being honest about why? I wonder if knowing Evans stayed on made him feel worse.

I think it's probably because a crisis of confidence for someone of his experience could be disastrous in the long run.

Fintan

Telling you m77, listen to Second Captains. Like Fintan says, it's an Irish podcast so they discuss our domestic and international teams a bit, but our season is finished and there are no internationals so it's all Premier League and European football right now. Shows are usually an hour long so they spend a bit more time talking about the matches and have a lot more time to discuss continental football with their guests. Where guys like Honigstein and Auclair may get 2-3 minutes on FW they can get anywhere up to 15 minutes of Second Captains. There's a bit on 'banter' between the hosts but nowhere near the levels FW has gotten to.
That's my favourite thing about the show. Instead of trying to cover everything, and as a result having little depth, like Football Weekly, they choose 2 or 3 main things to discuss for the whole episode. Works a lot better IMO. There's no need to have to go over every PL result and go "What did you think?" for 30 seconds.

Clegg

That's my favourite thing about the show. Instead of trying to cover everything, and as a result having little depth, like Football Weekly, they choose 2 or 3 main things to discuss for the whole episode. Works a lot better IMO. There's no need to have to go over every PL result and go "What did you think?" for 30 seconds.

The football pod has been excellent for a long time now.

Really starting to like the podcast covering all other sports too. The section with US Murph where they talk about NFL and Baseball are really good. Get some great guests on for that one too.

Fintan

The football pod has been excellent for a long time now.

Really starting to like the podcast covering all other sports too. The section with US Murph where they talk about NFL and Baseball are really good. Get some great guests on for that one too.
Did you listen back in the Off the Ball days? I happened to catch Off the Ball on the radio the other day. They have a lot of the same segments (John Giles, Graham Hunter etc.) The new guys aren't bad, but it wasn't the same. They still use the same intros and little audio clips, which is a bit weird considering a lot of them are sort of based around in-jokes from the Second Captains guys.

Clegg

Did you listen back in the Off the Ball days? I happened to catch Off the Ball on the radio the other day. They have a lot of the same segments (John Giles, Graham Hunter etc.) The new guys aren't bad, but it wasn't the same. They still use the same intros and little audio clips, which is a bit weird considering a lot of them are sort of based around in-jokes from the Second Captains guys.

I listen to it sometimes if there is a controversy after a game or something big happens in sport, but you're right, the quality just isn't there. Not required listening for me like SC is. They're more jokey than the guys at SC which detracts a bit from the actual content. It's not bad though, just not as good as it used to be. Also there's a presenter on the show who used to be an inter-provincial footballer; think his name is Whooley? Complete spoofer. Can't listen to him. Guests are still good though. Eoin McDevitt had a good rapport with Giles which I don't think Gilroy has.

Wilbur

Banned
Holy shit.

This weekend was the first time Borussia Dortmund's first choice back four (Piszczek, Hummels, Subotic and Schmelzer) have played together since the 2013 Champions League final.

That's mad.

Esch

Banned
Transfer fuckery so soon. Can't wait for Arsene to sign 2 midtable Ligue 1 wingers and a left back, and for LVG to sign 2 strikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom