• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eb7GvQF.png

6NnqTuu.png

Clegg

Wanyama was good tonight. As a ball winner he seems much better than Fellaini. Can also keep the ball without getting thrown to the ground like an absolute fanny ala Marwan.

Elchele

I ended up doing my final paper about Art Decó. Fuck Greece.

also, found out this sculpture is in front of a cemetery here in Argentina,

IMG_4077.jpg

angel-cementerio.jpg

just how awesome it is

Clegg

Robbie Keane has 35 assists in his three seasons in the MLS.

Robbie Keane

That must be more than he had in his entire career in Europe.

Clegg

Btw Keane has 53 goals and 35 assists in 84 MLS games.

Henry: 51 goals and 42 assists in 122 games.

Definitive proof Keane > Henry

Huehuehue

faridmon

I ended up doing my final paper about Art Decó. Fuck Greece.

also, found out this sculpture is in front of a cemetery here in Argentina,

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_aZyHoIDkLzc/TTSQtfGhTGI/AAAAAAAAA0s/MXmeGt9ZcqY/s1600/IMG_4077.jpg[
IMG]

[IMG]http://noticiasdeazul.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/angel-cementerio.jpg[IMG]

just how awesome it is[QUOTE]

I love art Deco, I did a little research on it while I was doing my paper on Brutalism. Apparently it was the first time properties of material have helped shaped the artistic decoration interiour wise and people went crazy with it. it went defect because of Bauhaus minimalistic style, but otherwise, it was an interesting mini movement by itself.

Btw Keane has 53 goals and 35 assists in 84 MLS games.

Henry: 51 goals and 42 assists in 122 games.

Definitive proof Keane > Henry

Huehuehue

Of course, Henry was a Serie A flop while Keane is an Inter legend who displaced Ronaldo and Vieri as a 20 year old.

Is that Gomez? Is he the next big united thing?

I would love to see Mastour in a five a side or futsal game.

Gomes has the technical ability of Mastour. He only just turned 14 in August so he's as foetus as it gets. I hope players like them turn out to be great players in the future. Football needs magical technical ability to entertain us.

That was a good game for United. Good, lucky win, hope we get more confident on the ball when we get pressed. Robin was king.

Falcao is well and truly dead now isn't he.

Send him back.

He needs a game in the U21's and then he'll be able to start, simple as that. Falcao is a brilliant and true professional, amazing talent, no doubt in my mind he'll come good by the end of this year. I have faith in him, I trust him.

All I ask is that we stop playing 3-5-2.

Our players are so fucking confused by it. They're too dumb. It's asking for trouble.
They're not dumb or confused just not very confident when pressed. In the training sessions they're great and full of it but when the match comes they hit a wall. It'll come only through trusting themselves.

Gomes has the technical ability of Mastour. He only just turned 14 in August so he's as foetus as it gets. I hope players like them turn out to be great players in the future. Football needs magical technical ability to entertain us.

I said about Totti once that if he was playing today the creativity would be coached out of him. I worry about that with young technical players. Passing and possession based football are killing creativity. Taking risks is not what the game is about these days. It is a shame and I hope that young players will be encouraged to keep the flair in their game.

Salazar

They're not dumb or confused just not very confident when pressed. In the training sessions they're great and full of it but when the match comes they hit a wall. It'll come only through trusting themselves.

I don't have any kind or neutral psychological explanations for our defenders, and Fellaini, repeatedly trying to dribble through heavy traffic.

The complacent, catastrophic sideways balls to nobody - I despise those, but I can see how they happen.

The bug-eyed attempts to carry the ball by players who ordinarily cannot beat a man - I was tearing my hair out. Gaal must have been fucking livid.

That was a good game for United. Good, lucky win, hope we get more confident on the ball when we get pressed. Robin was king.

With all our injuries and a bunch of players underperforming (or just plain shit and need to be loaded off in the summer), I'll take some ugly wins. Watching United over the years, even some of Fergie's best squads had to win ugly from time to time. Not happy with the performance but you have to take those and capitalize of opposition mistakes. RVP was GOAT today, Carrick and De God were impressive.... everyone else, pure shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom