• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Last few games have made me really sad

Aye. But you can't go into a QPR game pessimistic.

This oral history of the Beastie Boys is :lol

Schellenbach: You’d see [break-­dancers] Rock Steady Crew; they had matching T-shirts, so we all went to Bleecker Street to get matching Carvel T-shirts with our names ironed on. And everyone had to come up with hip-hop names. I think mine was Kate Your Mate.

http://nymag.com/arts/popmusic/features/beastie-boys-2011-5/?mid=longreads

Facism

"It is something that is special in this team, on the mental front. We have been questioned many times but we have shown that we have that strength" - Arsene Wenger, December 2013.

"We stay strong, we graft and we never give up. The spirit was always there, but more perhaps towards the end of the season.We can feel this season there is something special in the squad" - Laurent Koscielny, January 2014.

"We are in a much better mental shape than one year ago" - Arsene Wenger, February 2014.

"Today was a mental task, but we are strong enough so we continue now. After Anderlecht and Manchester United, we dropped mentally a bit, but today we came back in an even stronger way. We learned from disappointment in other weeks" - Per Mertesacker, November 2014.

ix5hNAArIgXiW.png

as the germans say, Wonderbra.

Elchele

So I decided to finish 'Left Behind', I didn't know I was so close to the ending :(

After that I decided to start watching Fargo (TV). The first episode was incredible, better than the film.

GorillaJu

My fiancé got interested in TLOU when I started it up so I started a fresh game and she cried like a fucking baby in the intro and shouted "I CAN'T WATCH THIS... I CAN'T WATCH THIS"

Elchele

Pls

Stop this act

:lol bla I thought you were sleeping

it's not an act. I think Guardiola is great in many aspects, but incredibly shit in others. And to be honest, I think the club and Bundesliga in general has given him more than what he has given Bayern back.

He hasn't integrated a single youth player into our team, he regressed the team last season in comparison to what Heynckes built, replaced important players for depth players just to be able to play Lahm as DM (Rafinha taking a spot in the XI, dropping Javi/others out), etc. I was expecting him to promote new players instead of buying the likes of Benatia or Xabi, as great as he is you can all see he's a stop gap solution. And his terrible managerial aspect, he has a horrible relationship with the players he doesn't fully like, and that defending tactic...

In contrast, in the Bundesliga he has learned how to counter attack, how to move the ball to the net without having to make 200 pointless passes.

In the end, he will leave being a better coach than when he joined us. He has learned a lot from Bayern and the league. But what will he give to Bayern? No new youth stars integrated in the squad by him, the team regressed as a whole, there hasn't been a radical change in the youth structure of the club by him or even in Bayern II.

The only way I could agree his move to Bayern was great for us, is if he wins the CL trophy. Otherwise, winning the Bundesliga is something even Magath did with a much shittier team.

My fiancé got interested in TLOU when I started it up so I started a fresh game and she cried like a fucking baby in the intro and shouted "I CAN'T WATCH THIS... I CAN'T WATCH THIS"

the game story is pretty good for a videogame.
I like how in Left Behind they went a bit further
showing that Ellie is gay. I really didn't expect them to talk about it in a videogame, and specially considering the age of the characters.

Blablurn

If we play it right we can destroy every team in Europe. I don't remember magath dominating team like Manchester, Arsenal or Roma. Plus it was only his first season. And he has given enough youth players plenty of chances but with the stars coming back from injuries its time to let them shine again.

Right now we are playing a kind of football nobody can control. The other team relies on counter attacks? No problem anymore. Pep saw the problem last year and fixed it.

What else do u one from pep m8. One does not win the cl every year so easily.

Hixx

I just spent 3 hours playing that h1z1 game. Its so basic but exploring is my thing so I enjoy it.

And meeting new internet crazy people is always fun.

"BosnianEliteXT" killed me then we had a shouting match where I said some nasty things, he said some nasty things then he resorted to mimicking me so I classed that as a win.

Then some other guy was just running down a road shouting "JESUS IS OUR SAVIOUR" which made me laugh for a while

But mostly I picked berries and wondered why it was 3am and I was virtual berry picking
JzKGOjM.png

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

that's...uh..does she normally do that?

Elchele

If we play it right we can destroy every team in Europe. I don't remember magath dominating team like Manchester, Arsenal or Roma. Plus it was only his first season. And he has given enough youth players plenty of chances but with the stars coming back from injuries its time to let them shine again.

Right now we are playing a kind of football nobody can control. The other team relies on counter attacks? No problem anymore. Pep saw the problem last year and fixed it.

He hasn't. That's the problem

Probity

I thought you were going to bed? I come back from work and look you're still here.

Everything you're saying is correct. I used to doubt you and Pep, but I'm eating crow now because he finally threw out his philosophy and adapted for our players and it is working brilliantly. There is still potential for better, and I'm overjoyed.

Also, our youth talent is astronomical. I've been looking at some clips since I got back, Gaudino is fantastic. Can't wait for the jump to more playing time.

He hasn't. That's the problem

I think he has, at least mostly. We still have trouble dealing with the counter but there has been significant progress since last season and we can manage it much better. Also, now when we do stop a counter our team can transition to offense and get down the field for our own counter-attack quickly, which we lacked completely last year.

Jarnet87

We'll find out if they can beat the counter later on this year when they inevitably play either Chelsea or Madrid or possibly both in the UCL.

Elchele

I think he has, at least mostly. We still have trouble dealing with the counter but there has been significant progress since last season and we can manage it much better. Also, now when we do stop a counter our team can transition to offense and get down the field for our own counter-attack quickly, which we lacked completely last year.

Those are two different things. And yes, that's great but as I said we already had that before and lost it when Pep took over. He has learned, I'm guessing Sammer played a role there, how to play int he "german way".

On the defensive tactics, I don't really think we have improved. Xabi Alonso happened, and he has been a key factor to bring stability to our team but on the tactics we're doing the same shit: playing our CBs in the middle of the pitch and then if we lose the ball they have a 50/50 chance of catching the attacking player. If that player(s) happen to be Aguero, Cristiano, Bale, etc we're fucked.

Under Heynckes tactics, even van Buyten was able to defend superbly against fucking Barcelona.

Under Pep he basically relies on Boateng and whoever is next to him to use his speed to stop the attacking player. And most top clubs have incredibly fast and gifted players on attacking positions.

Blablurn

And a 4:0 beating like against Madrid can always happen. People tend to forget that we dominated them in the first game tho. Their goal resulted from and individual mistake. But last season was fucked up with ribery going into emo mode and the others were already thinking about the world cup.

It can also happen this season. But. The chances are smaller. If we play our best football there is no doubt that we can trash every team as well. The away performances in Manchester and especially Roma are the best examples. We just need to prevent individual mistakes. But it's easier said than done.

But when your team does everything to win an away game in cold mainz after one hell of a long season, you can clearly see it's working.

It's working. Now let's hope we can go for the big title again

Blablurn

We'll find out if they can beat the counter later on this year when they inevitably play either Chelsea or Madrid or possibly both in the UCL.
Yep. It's about those two clubs. You can only win the CL if you beat one of them. This will be Peps big test.

Blablurn

Under Jupp we were good. But from a strategical point of view very one dimensional. In the end we were a force driven by the horrible season of 2012. Especially in the CL.

Probity

I think I am getting an idea of how to play PES online. Still impossible to deal with the lag, but there is progress. My attacking play actually makes sense now, and I learned how to pass to the right person most of the time.

Jupp Bayern was scarier than current Pep Bayern. It had to be said, I took the honors.

American Sniper was really good.. Been watching a lot of bonkers movies lately.

inky

Just a bunch of mates, init.

Bunch of nerds more like it.
Me and my friends have board game night every now and then too. A friend of mine has a game called Mage Knight he wants us to play which might be the most complicated thing we'll ever attempt, considering we've spent hours going over rules and setting up many more less complex games.

GorillaJu

Ah okay. To me that's the same time, not early. Not sure when I'll be getting it. The producer might give me an early copy to stream pre-release. That could be fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom