• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Got a relatively hot wife and some cute kids. Good looking family.

The fuckers.

tumblr_inline_na027qq8NR1rw592e.gif

but seriously everything else aside, he's a gud actor.

CentroXer

Banned
How the hell did France fuck up the World Cup 1994 qualification? I just looked at their roster and it was ridiculous. Basically an All-Star team that managed to lose to Israel.

Bernard Lama
Marcel Desailly
Laurent Blanc
Alain Roche
Frank Sauzee
Emmanuel Petit
Didier Deschamps
Jean-Pierre Papin
Eric Cantona
David Ginola

Labadal

Cunts.

Which one of you are responsible? Hitcher? Arnie? I am personally coming to Liverpool to fuck you up.

The teenager was held today in Southport, Merseyside, after a joint British and FBI-led operation.

Wilbur

Banned
How the hell did France fuck up the World Cup 1994 qualification? I just looked at their roster and it was ridiculous. Basically an All-Star team that managed to lose to Israel.

Bernard Lama
Marcel Desailly
Laurent Blanc
Alain Roche
Frank Sauzee
Emmanuel Petit
Didier Deschamps
Jean-Pierre Papin
Eric Cantona
David Ginola

My girlfriend got Eddie Cantor and Eric Cantona confused earlier.

Cunts.

Which one of you are responsible? Hitcher? Arnie? I am personally coming to Liverpool to fuck you up.

que

Clegg

Bernard Lama
Marcel Desailly
Laurent Blanc
Alain Roche
Frank Sauzee
Emmanuel Petit
Didier Deschamps
Jean-Pierre Papin
Eric Cantona
David Ginola
Mate, it's France.

They self destruct every second tournament.

And it's never not absolutely hilarious.

jts

...hate me...

Bernard Lama
Marcel Desailly
Laurent Blanc
Alain Roche
Frank Sauzee
Emmanuel Petit
Didier Deschamps
Jean-Pierre Papin
Eric Cantona
David Ginola
Wasn't the game against Bulgaria that screwed them over? An hilarious cross by Ginola in the last minutes, that resulted in a lethal counter finished by my childhood hero, Kostadinov.

ekostadinov.jpg

Wonder if Bla remembers him as well.

Also, it resulted in Ginola being outcasted from the NT innit? And Cantona as well maybe?

CentroXer

Banned
Mate, it's France.

They self destruct every second tournament.

And it's never not absolutely hilarious.

Actually I was watching some David Ginola highlights on youtube (he owned Premier League) when I realized he never played in the World Cup.

Turns out that Gerard Houllier blamed him for the lack of qualification. He had a cross in the last minute against Bulgaria that turned into a late goal. I think that's BS he got the blame for it since Bulgaria still had to advance through the french midfield to score.

Long Johnson said:
Wasn't the game against Bulgaria that screwed them over? An hilarious cross by Ginola in the last minutes, that resulted in a lethal counter finished by my childhood hero, Kostadinov.

Well it was the last game, but If they didn't lost any points against Israel at home that Bulgarian loss wouldn't had matter. I just saw the France-Bulgaria game on youtube and It's not like Ginola made an error in his own half.

faridmon

Saw them before. Lead singer was absolutely wrote-off/stoned.

See, this is things I wanna see. I can't see shit like this if they bloody sell out.
Its partly my fault, I could have bought it long time ago, but I keep delaying it!

Bold One

I had a dream, that Gaal played 4-4-2 diamond went 3-0 by Halftime and switched to a 4-3-3 giving Rumbo a double hattrick. What a time to be dreaming.

jts

...hate me...
Actually I was watching some David Ginola highlights on youtube (he owned Premier League) when I realized he never played in the World Cup.

Turns out that Gerard Houllier blamed him for the lack of qualification. He had a cross in the last minute against Bulgaria that turned into a late goal. I think that's BS he got the blame for it since Bulgaria still had to advance through the french midfield to score.

Well it was the last game, but If they didn't lost any points against Israel at home that Bulgarian loss wouldn't had matter. I just saw the France-Bulgaria game on youtube and It's not like Ginola made an error in his own half.

It's the last minute of a decisive game to go in the WC. The result is in you favour, but you can't concede a goal.

You bet that a forward should be accounted as responsible for pissing off the ball possession in that situation.

CentroXer

Banned
It's the last minute of a decisive game to go in the WC. The result is in you favour, but you can't concede a goal.

You bet that a forward should be accounted as responsible for pissing off the ball possession in that situation.

eh, Ginola was at the other end with the ball. What was the french midfield doing in the last minute of the game? If I was the coach of France I sure as hell wouldn't blame one player for the lack of qualification.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpwNv29XbbQ

jts

...hate me...
Look if you want to take a swipe at Nani just fucking say so.
:lol

eh, Ginola was at the other end with the ball. What was the french midfield doing in the last minute of the game? If I was the coach of France I sure as hell wouldn't blame one player for the lack of qualification.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpwNv29XbbQ

Maybe it's too harsh to blame him publicly, because the whole team was playing and the qualification consists in playing many games, not just that one.

But at one end or the other, possession is vital in such a situation. You lose possession, you get exposed. You keep possession, you win the game.

In the end, it was a brilliant football moment though. And how fantastic was that Bulgarian generation. Stoichkov, Balakov, Iordanov, Kostadinov, etc. Wonderful WC 94 they played.

And the French can't complain too much about luck either, something very nice was coming their way 4 years later.

Has Torres turned more corners than Arsenal?

Question of the ages, that.

"It is something that is special in this team, on the mental front. We have been questioned many times but we have shown that we have that strength" - Arsene Wenger, December 2013.

"We stay strong, we graft and we never give up. The spirit was always there, but more perhaps towards the end of the season.We can feel this season there is something special in the squad" - Laurent Koscielny, January 2014.

"We are in a much better mental shape than one year ago" - Arsene Wenger, February 2014.

"Today was a mental task, but we are strong enough so we continue now. After Anderlecht and Manchester United, we dropped mentally a bit, but today we came back in an even stronger way. We learned from disappointment in other weeks" - Per Mertesacker, November 2014.

ix5hNAArIgXiW.png

Scum

S1 of The Flash so far
JDsIANu.png

S3 of Arrow so far
iISggJuOqoNJ3.png

Ra's al Ghul!!!
What a time to rise from the Lazarus' Pits!

iA1S7dn62Q3Kk.png

Scum

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Roma have joined fellow Italian clubs Inter Milan and Napoli, along with Turkish side Besiktas, in the race to sign 22-year-old Chelsea winger Mohamed Salah. (Daily Mirror)
Juventus will offer midfielder Paul Pogba a new deal in order to increase the 21-year-old's buy-out clause, with a number of clubs in England and Spain being linked with the France international. (Daily Express)
Everton forward Samuel Eto'o, 33, has agreed a deal to move back to Italy and sign for Sampdoria, with the prospect of a coaching role at the end of a two-and-a-half year contract. (Daily Mail)
Fabian Delph has been linked with a move to Liverpool but Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert says the Midlands club are still hopeful of persuading the 25-year-old midfielder to sign a new deal with them. (Daily Star)
Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli, 24, has four months to save his Anfield career or face being sent back to a club in his native Italy. (Daily Mirror)

OTHER GOSSIP
Former Tottenham manager Tim Sherwood could take over at QPR if the club decide to sack Harry Redknapp, who will be offered a role on the board by Bournemouth if he is dismissed. (Daily Star)
Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal's record is very similar to that of David Moyes last season, but former Liverpool player Jamie Carragher says he has not been criticised as much because of the authority he exudes. (Daily Mail)
West Ham are in talks over finding a new shirt sponsor after current backer Alpari went into liquidation. (Daily Telegraph)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
Liverpool are playing Aston Villa on Saturday and Reds defender Jose Enrique has tweeted a picture of team-mate Philippe Coutinho along with the message: "On the way to Birmingham. Looks like it is going to go fast for @Phil_Coutinho."
United States international Jozy Altidore, 25, moved to Toronto FC as part of the deal that took striker Jermain Defoe to Sunderland. "So excited to be joining @torontofc !!Thanks to all the fans and people of Toronto for the warm welcome!" tweeted Altidore.

AND FINALLY...
Bayern Munich forward Thomas Muller will not have enamoured himself to the German side's rivals after claiming training games at the Allianz Arena outfit can be harder to win than Bundesliga matches. (Metro)

Former Tottenham manager Tim Sherwood could take over at QPR if the club decide to sack Harry Redknapp, who will be offered a role on the board by Bournemouth if he is dismissed. (Daily Star)

iKmmmdHMxjC92.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom