• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Fucking hell

B7kR4lJCQAIrg-s.jpg:large

My God, that's terrible from the linesman.

Ah forgot it was FA Cup next weekend.

Teams around us in the top 4 chase have some tough games in the coming gameweeks - we need to be well clear by the end of Feb.

5-0, great win.

Weird that Jose waited so long to make substitutions i'd have brought Schurrle and maybe Ramires on earlier but result is great and a clean sheet is good too particularly for Cahill after his performance against Spurs (although I still think dropping Zouma was harsh). Happy Schurrle scored too

To Anfield on Tuesday

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Really Falcao should've listened to his inner-pussy and stayed back with one of his Europa League teams

Can't believe how much he has regressed although maybe that is expected with those two injuries.
Regressed? Nah. Still good. Gets to the right places and shit.

LVG playing 3-5-2 has managed to make everyone look bad though.

I'll agree he's not worth 60m. I wish he was cheaper and/or we have no need for new defenders and midfielders. As it stands repairing that has to take higher priority.

King_Moc

Banned
That spurs offside call is bad enough that they should really be taking a very long look at the officials responsible. He's not just not in their half, he's nowhere fucking near.

Go_Ly_Dow

Falcao was crap. Should've had at least one if not two goals.

Irrational. His performance was good. Helped the defence out held up some long balls and showed great desire.

Shame about the tap in miss, which the defender did get a touch on to take a bit out of his path.

kharma45

He had 1 chance, the header

The supposed tap in wasn't really his fault. The qpr defender got a touch. Not sure if you saw the replay on that one. Easily looked like he fucked that one up.

He had another chance from the Mata ball in before the header, should've slid it under Green but hit is straight at him. I wasn't counting the tap-in chance.

Hixx

LOL, like, even if there is no defender there how can it be an offside, but there is one on top of that.

Refs should be fined when they make mistakes like that.

Well, no, because if Vertonghen WAS in our half then he would have been offside even if PvA was on the goal line. The only problem is that he is at least 5 yards inside his own half.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
LOL, like, even if there is no defender there how can it be an offside, but there is one on top of that.

Refs should be fined when they make mistakes like that.

The keeper was up for the corner though, if Jan had crossed the line he would have been off. But he didn't.

Eric Dier was excellent today. #prospect

jts

...hate me...
Really Falcao should've listened to his inner-pussy and stayed back with one of his Europa League teams

He thought if he could be even greater if he went to a team that doesn't go to europe at all.

I mean, it just makes sense.

Wilbur

Banned
Phew

Need to stop surrendering control and momentum so easily

Happy with that overall, shame nobody above us dropped points but keeping up is good enough for now, if we carry on winning, catching up will come naturally.

Mignolet is such an oddity. He was good today imo, but he still could have easily cost us a goal with a flap.

Can is gonna be some player. So fucking assured.

Come on Newcastle ¬¬

Fellaini is Man Utd's best player. Eriksen is fucking annoying.

What are you basing this on, considering you didn't watch the game?

He had another chance from the Mata ball in before the header, should've slid it under Green but hit is straight at him. I wasn't counting the tap-in chance.

I remember that one now. That one he did fuck up. The header was a better finish, but didn't end up scoring. Should have scored in the end.

inky

He had 1 chance, the header

The supposed tap in wasn't really his fault. The qpr defender got a touch. Not sure if you saw the replay on that one. Easily looked like he fucked that one up.

Yeah, and I'd argue the header was a decent save too considering the speed of the play. The tap in was super unlucky if you saw the close up, 'cause not only did the defender get a touch, the ball squeezed very tightly between his feet. Not his fault, he was in the right place.

Like I said, people hold his price tag over his head which is fair enough because he isn't a cheap player, but out of all United forwards or makeshift forwards he has the best positioning, work rate and makes the most threatening runs. I wouldn't mind seeing Wilson and him up front next time from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom