• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

Irrational. His performance was good. Helped the defence out held up some long balls and showed great desire.

Shame about the tap in miss, which the defender did get a touch on to take a bit out of his path.

Showing desire should be a given for any player. He was unlucky with the toe away for the tap in chance, but should've buried at least one of the other two. He's on the pitch to score goals at the end of the day.

I remember that one now. That one he did fuck up. The header was a better finish, but didn't end up scoring. Should have scored in the end.

It's those sorts of chances he needs to be putting away. All this clamour on here and elsewhere for him to play yet he again didn't impress.

Jarnet87

Assist m8

he looked better when we switched, as did everyone else. its amazing that the 3-5-2 hasnt benefitted a single player on this team yet Gaal continues to pick it. Falcao and Wilson would be the most lethal front pairing we have but I'd start Rooney over Wilson. Need to get Rooney out of midfield, he is dreadful.

Splatt

Valencia playing some very nice football.

You can almost see the makings of a battleship

--e--

battleship has been sunk

inky

Well, no, because if Vertonghen WAS in our half then he would have been offside even if PvA was on the goal line. The only problem is that he is at least 5 yards inside his own half.

The keeper was up for the corner though, if Jan had crossed the line he would have been off. But he didn't.

Eric Dier was excellent today. #prospect

I see. I didn't know the keeper was up. But, if he is inside his own half at the moment of the touch, it doesn't matter where anyone else is at all.

Isn't Falcao still better than current-RVP? At least you can feel his presence

Absolutely. RVP has had a bit of better finishing, but that's it. And has probably played twice as much.

What are you basing this on, considering you didn't watch the game?

#goals innit

While our attacking play has improved, we're still reliant on our defense alone almost to win us points as we're not scoring enough to survive poor defensive performances.

Really need a City win tomorrow. West Ham-Hull is a writeoff.

doicare

Love that.

Annoying that Spurs and United clanked on through but that's their bread and butter.

Ours is a fucking ton of good attacking football.
Lol Liverpool have been dire all season and have been just as dire to watch 4 out of the last 5 years.

Liverpool have clanked their way into the Europa league spots and that's as good as it's going to get, as soon they come up against any decent teams they're just going to start losing again.

There is no question both Tottenham and Man United are finishing above Liverpool this year.

Jarnet87

What happened to RVP? He just suddenly lost all skill :(

he is an old man who just came off a summer with a world cup instead of rest. his knees are shot, he cant last more then 60 minutes. if we had hired any other managed he'd of been benched a long time ago, but since he and Gaal are best buds he continues to get games. he is too old and slow to try and feed off of scraps.

Bold One

What happened to RVP? He just suddenly lost all skill :(

he lost his legs, say what you will about Falcao, but you see him atleast attempting to do things, with RVP you have absolute true skilled player who can no longer keep up but knows his mate will pick him regardless

CCS

Banned
he is an old man who just came off a summer with a world cup instead of rest. his knees are shot, he cant last more then 60 minutes. if we had hired any other managed he'd of been benched a long time ago, but since he and Gaal are best buds he continues to get games. he is too old and slow to try and feed off of scraps.

he lost his legs, say what you will about Falcao, but you see him atleast attempting to do things, with RVP you have absolute true skilled player who can no longer keep up but knows his mate will pick him regardless

I guess he is just knackered. Sad really :(

tri_willy

Lol Liverpool have been dire all season and have been just as dire to watch 4 out of the last 5 years.

Liverpool have clanked their way into the Europa league spots and that's as good as it's going to get, as soon they come up against any decent teams they're just going to start losing again.

There is no question both Tottenham and Man United are finshing above Liverpool this year.

saved... just in case for future references :p

kharma45

I'd still rather start RVP over Falcao from what I've seen out of both this season. Not that either have been good by any means.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Stoke's golden boy on target again.

Penny-Dreadful-Reeve-Carney.jpg
Really happy for him

inky

Damn, Costa with 13 FPL points, and he's going to get a bonus too. Fabregas on 12 points WITH the captain bonus, bloody hell.

@FlutterPuffs, how can youpossibly claim Falcao hasn't regressed?

I've not seen today's chances granted, but he used to put half-chances away like they were tap-ins.

So many of our attacks break down when they reach the striker, no matter which of the 3 we play. Really can't wait for Sturridge to come back. When Borini is alone with 1 defender, running torwards goal 25 yards out, I trust the defender to prevent him from making the keeper work.

His mobility is helping us at the moment (along with the goal today) but he is very frustrating.

Sky's Game of the Day

Swansea 0-5 Chelsea

On the same day Palace came from 2-0 down to win 3-2, with the winner in the last 5 or so minutes.

Who makes these decisions?

Jarnet87

RVP still has the ability to produce something from nothing. We haven't seen that from Falcao yet.

if we are gonna start RVP is has to be either a 4-4-2 or a system where he gets ton of service from the surrounding players like a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3. What is the point of running him around with no service for 60 minutes in a 3-5-2.

We've not had 3 managers who have tried to play Rooney in midfield, at some point will we hire a manager who realizes how dreadful he is at it? Its laughable how no one wants to criticize him for playing bad but if he has a decent game at the position they call him a wonderful veteran player who can transition, and is Scholes like. This is madness.

Walshy

343 will be great for bedding in Ilori next year, assuming he's in Rodgers' plans.
I've heard things haven't gone to plan for him at Bordeaux. Injuries have hampered him making regular starts.

All 3 defenders were p impressive today. I hope Can doesn't mind his new position too much because he's very good in it
I think Can is able to slot in any position in defence and midfield.

He is that good.

My favourite thing in the world is a Hendassist

Not sure how much better he can become, but I love that he plays for us. Hope he's here for a long, long time.

This is what I want to see but can't see Santi being dropped right now.

He'd be crazy to start him tomorrow. Santi doesn't have the engine to help us contend with Man City's midfield and he doesn't have the pace to trouble them from wide.

I'd like to see us be more defensive for once and break with pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom