• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

The bigger mistake is allowing Rooney to start. He's a huge liablity every game.

Sure was a mistake. But Rooney will get played every match regardless.

We made a team that gets schooled by Zagreb, Olympiakos and even relegation contenders Chelsea look like 2008 Barca in that first twenty minutes, all thanks to that midfield that couldn't offer any protection to our defence.

You know, the sad thing about this whole thing is that even though Bayern is so much better than everyone else in Germany, they still get all shaky decisions in their favour.

Would have been a much more interesting game if Alaba got his deserved red card.

Blablurn

CQfQHqFUEAA9qd1.jpg:large

kidding aside

dortmund is a legit contender

i would rather see them in the CL than gladbach oder golfsburg

they will be ready to make some upsets next year in europe

Pennywise

You know, the sad thing about this whole thing is that even though Bayern is so much better than everyone else in Germany, they still get all shaky decisions in their favour.

Would have been a much more interesting game if Alaba got his deserved red card.

They won't give out a red this fast, it just barely happens.

Dunno we played really good for the first 15-20 minutes, than we concede a stupid goal and another one.
The system was working pretty good, allthough it really required more focus, as our fullbacks were really defensive and it's not like you get a thousand chances against Bayern.
We wasted too much of them, the freekicks were shit and we invited them for at least 2 goals.
Bürki didn't look too good today and not just because of the goal.
Gündogan was also barely making any impact....

Really proud of Weigl though.

They won't give out a red this fast, it just barely happens.

Dunno we played really good for the first 15-20 minutes, than we concede a stupid goal and another one.
The system was working pretty good, allthough it really required more focus, as our fullbacks were really defensive and it's not like you get a thousand chances against Bayern.
We wasted too much of them, the freekicks were shit and we invited them for at least 2 goals.
Bürki didn't look too good today and not just because of the goal.
Gündogan was also barely making any impact....

Really proud of Weigl though.

I know. It's just funny because if someone (don't remember who it was) would have fouled Müller before the 1-0, you could bet your ass it would have been red.

Well, I don't blame anyone, hard enough to play in Munich. Even harder when you're still getting used to a new coach and your arguably best player is in shit shape. Unlucky 2-1 at halftime and then such a shit goal 19 seconds into the second half which basically ended the game.

Please don't go to Liverpool, Klopp. I don't want to hate you.

Pardew has been making noise about a "top job" a lot lately. It'll probably end up being him. Oh how I would laugh!

Where next for Rodgers do we think? Tottenham?

Tubie

Madrid: Keylor Navas; Carvajal, Varane, Sergio Ramos, Marcelo; Casemiro, Kroos, Modric; Isco, Benzema & Cristiano Ronaldo

Atletico: Oblak; Juanfran, Giménez, Godín, Filipe; Tiago, Gabi, Óliver; Correa, Torres & Griezmann.

Please don't go to Liverpool, Klopp. I don't want to hate you.

Pardew has been making noise about a "top job" a lot lately. It'd probably end up being him. Oh how I would laugh!

Where next for Rodgers do we think? Tottenham?

If Pardiola tries to leave the mighty Palace, I would travel to London for a nice old hostage situation.

Conspiracy theory: Rodgers wasn't given more time because of Mourinho. They know how trigger-happy Roman is - if Mourinho goes, Roman would probably go after Klopp (only other 'big' free agent is Ancelotti, who they've pissed off).

Klopp is lined up, will be announced by Tuesday.

/conspiracy

Conspiracy theory: Rodgers wasn't given more time because of Mourinho. They know how trigger-happy Roman is - if Mourinho goes, Roman would probably go after Klopp (only other 'big' free agent is Ancelotti, who they've pissed off).

Klopp is lined up, will be announced by Tuesday.

/conspiracy

I think you might be right but I would honestly be surprised if they expected Jose to go right now.

You can (usually) always tell when a manager is due to go because the papers light up and we are not a club to sack then find a replacement, we line them up first. Its been that way for Brendan this week and its happened with managers of ours in the past: AVB, Carlo, RDM to name the most recent ones, and outside of a few papers taking a shot in the dark I don't think theres any real talk right now of us replacing Jose.

The end of the season is another matter though.

Not that I think Poch is under much pressure at the moment but I reckon B Rod has Tottenham tattooed on his head for the future, its only a matter of time he is definitely a Levy type appointment.

Uzzy

Well at least Rodgers getting sacked will keep United's terrible performance off the back pages. Thanks Liverpool!

Mixed feelings. I've got nothing against Brendan and some of the shite I've read about him has been pretty tasteless, but last season and the start of this one hasn't really been good enough. Parting with him in the summer would have been the better way of doing it though.

sora87

Overdue, Rodgers should have been sacked this summer after last seasons shit show. Klopp can't come soon enough, although I'd prefer Carlo if I'm being totally honest.

Fucking hell. Just read that, after Wenger, Eddie Howe is the longest serving manager in the Premier League. And he has only been with Bournemouth for 3 years.

The need for instant success is mental.

Pennywise

I know. It's just funny because if someone (don't remember who it was) would have fouled Müller before the 1-0, you could bet your ass it would have been red.

Well, I don't blame anyone, hard enough to play in Munich. Even harder when you're still getting used to a new coach and your arguably best player is in shit shape. Unlucky 2-1 at halftime and then such a shit goal 19 seconds into the second half which basically ended the game.

Not blaming, but these mistakes are just something you can't offer Bayern.

At least Cologne made the day a bit better.

TeddyBoy

Goodbye Rodgers, I'll always remember your title challenge and your 5-1 demolition of Arsenal in your second season.

I really hope we get Klopp, please football gods!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom