• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Arbeloa may not be great anymore but we should be thankful we have him now, now that both Danilo and Carvajal are injured.

I would love for Benzema to work more on pressing their defense, and Cristiano should stay away from those free kicks.

Cystm

Really hoping Atletico's attack picks up next half. ZzzZzzzz.

CQftEMYUYAAI8Gh.jpg:large

The most punchable face in all of football. That is after acknowledging Diego Costa and Pepe as well.

Just right in his gigantic mouth.
wBChkBs.jpg

Tubie

Arbeloa may not be great anymore but we should be thankful we have him now, now that both Danilo and Carvajal are injured.

What happens if Marcelo gets injured? This will be the biggest problem for us this season.

We never signed a second LB after Cuntrao left.

If Carvajal is out for an extended time, I would play Ramos as RB and Varane/Nacho as CB till Pepe comes back.

MauroNL

Anderlecht just missed 3 penalties in 1 game! Leading 1-0 meanwhile they concede 1-1 4 minutes in extra time. Football can be cruel sometimes.

All our issues are fixed! Yessssssssssssssssss

Lets celebrate. Good times indeed.

The funny thing is some will actually believe this.

Sad but true. Rodgers gone is the beginning though. Now to get rid of the backroom staff and this transfer committee bullshit. To be honest I don't our players are bad aside from Allen, I think any competent manager would get really good results from them. Rodgers was just horrible at coming up with good tactics and forcing players to play out of positions. If they didn't play well in the position he played them in he would bench them which was crap on his end. Even Klopp was questioning why Rodgers would play Sahin in a position he wasn't comfortable in. But Rodgers was too arrogant to realize that he was in the wrong.

http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2013/01/jurgen-klopp-brendan-rodgers-sahin-transfer-failure.html

Mindwipe

Conspiracy theory: Rodgers wasn't given more time because of Mourinho. They know how trigger-happy Roman is - if Mourinho goes, Roman would probably go after Klopp (only other 'big' free agent is Ancelotti, who they've pissed off).

Klopp is lined up, will be announced by Tuesday.

/conspiracy

Nothing about that is implausible.

Wonder what will happen if Klopp comes and Liverpool still don't improve?

More hilarity. RAWK melting down so much it'll be like The China Syndrome.

Tubie

I can't believe how much worse Benitez has made Madrid in attack.

We can't fucking score goals against even mid table level defense.

Our place/stats in the table is padded as hell by how amazing Navas is, we're basically not winning anything this season.

lol this fucking season makes no sense

La Liga is the most competitive league in Europe this season so far. The big teams are struggling to win and it's very entertaining to watch the so-called second tier teams like Celta, Villareal or Deportivo.

Arnie

Goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend, you have been the one for me.

Saying that, I'd love to spend my weekends drinking to Klopp's mad Reds.

Tenebrous

Guys... I can't believe it. I woke up from my evening nap, refreshed the BBC sport page, and it was just there. What I've been waiting for for months on end. It's over. He's gone.

I'm so happy. So so happy.

Jarnet87

I only watched the first half of the United game, but I imagine Arsenal sat back comfortably and dealt with what little United had to offer going forward in the 2nd. Arsenal had it done and dusted in the first 6 minutes, was laughable.

It hasn't been a great weekend to be a Utd fan. City walloping Newcastle. Getting stuffed by Arsenal in 20 minutes. Rodgers getting the sack.

Doesn't get much worse than that.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I can't believe how much worse Benitez has made Madrid in attack.

We can't fucking score goals against even mid table level defense.

Our place/stats in the table is padded as hell by how amazing Navas is, we're basically not winning anything this season.

I think Benzema's face when he was replaced said a lot.

ty_hot

Is Casemiro in the starting 11 usually? How is he doing?

here in Brazil nobody likes him much, heard he had a great season with Porto last year, but not sure how he would play for a top team.

Tubie

Is Casemiro in the starting 11 usually? How is he doing?

here in Brazil nobody likes him much, heard he had a great season with Porto last year, but not sure how he would play for a top team.

He was amazing, probably our best player today. Him, Varane, Modric and Navas were the only reason Madrid even got a point.

Sadly, he's still not a consistent starter yet since he has to fight for a spot with Kovacic.

Lets celebrate. Good times indeed.

Sad but true. Rodgers gone is the beginning though. Now to get rid of the backroom staff and this transfer committee bullshit. To be honest I don't our players are bad aside from Allen, I think any competent manager would get really good results from them. Rodgers was just horrible at coming up with good tactics and forcing players to play out of positions. If they didn't play well in the position he played them in he would bench them which was crap on his end. Even Klopp was questioning why Rodgers would play Sahin in a position he wasn't comfortable in. But Rodgers was too arrogant to realize that he was in the wrong.

http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2013/01/jurgen-klopp-brendan-rodgers-sahin-transfer-failure.html

In what universe is Allen our worst player? Lovren is still on our books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom