• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubie

I don't have high hopes for Madrid :(

It will be very very hard for us to beat any of the other 3 teams left over 2 games.

Firemind

So bayern, mancity, real and atletico?

Sounds doable for bayern (unfortunately)

I hope for bayern v mancity and atletico v real (for the drama)

Lol imagine pellegrini getting a cl win and guardiol doesnt manage to win in mancity lol
nah bayern will choke like they always do

i'm thinking a real atleti final rematch

Tubie

Just watched what Suarez did to Godin.

giphy.gif

Jesus.

Yea Suarez definitely did that on purpose.

TeddyBoy

Barca got eliminated, it's a really open competitions now and any of the four remaining teams have a decent chance of winning it.

Now we wait for Liverpool vs Dortmund...

Syder

Kinda want Liverpool and City to continue to progress so that people might finally shut up about this 'coefficient' bollocks.

I don't have high hopes for Madrid :(

It will be very very hard for us to beat any of the other 3 teams left over 2 games.

Why not? This Real Madrid doesn't play good on a regular basis, but this is also the case for City, Atletico and even Bayern.
None of the opponents will be easy, but also not impossible. Two games against Barcelona would have been more or less impossible imo for this Real Madrid.

Timbuktu

I'm assuming that if Man City and Liverpool win their competitions, they'd go into the Champion's League with Leicester and Spurs.

The maximum number of clubs to get into CL from one league is 5. So even if man city and Liverpool win in Europe and are not in top four, it would only be at the expense of fourth place team, which unfortunately might be West Ham.

The maximum number of clubs to get into CL from one league is 5. So even if man city and Liverpool win in Europe and are not in top four, it would only be at the expense of fourth place team, which unfortunately might be West Ham.

Ah fair enough, I missed that change. I was under the impression that the maximum number of teams was four.

Kolx

Yeah, because it's known that only shit teams reach the Top 4 in the CL.

Well this year none of the teams is amazing or anywhere near it and just because they're equally shit doesn't mean they're shit. It just means they all have their problems that none has a clear advantage over the other.

Best thing about being a Man City fan isn't the win itself but watching Ferdinand and Scholes (or any other ex United player without a bit of class) squirm when being told to give false praise when we do. After having to listen to years of dross from red pundits it is fantastic, carried on watch BT Sport just to watch that one moment.

I'm hoping City v Real Madrid (though this is the team I don't want to meet next), Bayern v Atheltico Madrid. That way regardless of who wins the final will be a good draw.

Kill3r7

Barca need to rebuild. But don't seem to have much cash. I can see them cashing in on a player.

They were unbeatable until El Clasico and now they need to rebuild. Are you kidding? Barcelona just need to sure up the defense but overall that team still has at least one more CL trophy in them.

Jack cw

A couple of weeks ago Barca was the best team in history. Now its April and they are out of form since the last three or four games. Small margins decide on that level. Anyway, I just hope we get City or Real. Atelitco is perfect for the final.

Beefy

They were unbeatable until El Clasico and now they need to rebuild. Are you kidding? Barcelona just need to sure up the defense but overall that team still has at least one more CL trophy in them.

Rebuild the defence is still rebuilding. Where did I say the whole squad? They basically have no back up as well. So with the rumours they have money problems they may have to sell a big player. They have the best front 3 in the game but even they can't win you a game every time.

Beefy

And until a few weeks ago they were unbeatable...

They don't need a rebuilding, just a good central defender and replacement for Alves.

Yet according to a few Spanish journo's they can't afford to give Neymar the money he wants. They need far more then just one centre back. They have no depth. Madrid are lucky they have crazy amount of depth. They just need a manager to get them all to click. Maybe Zidane is that manager?

Beefy

A couple of weeks ago Barca was the best team in history. Now its April and they are out of form since the last three or four games. Small margins decide on that level. Anyway, I just hope we get City or Real. Atelitco is perfect for the final.

Small squad maybe?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Pep's balance. A couple of weeks ago Barca was unbeatable and Bayern was losing the title and CL. Now the balance has tilted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom