• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, genuine question to Gooners out there...

With Walcott and Giroud both clearly faltering and Welbeck out for 'months', what does Joel Campbell need to do to actually get a chance up top? I mean, he can't be much worse, right?

norinrad

With Walcott and Giroud both clearly faltering and Welbeck out for 'months', what does Joel Campbell need to do to actually get a chance up top? I mean, he can't be much worse, right?

I never understood why he's not playing for Arsenal. The guy had a great WC and is really good for current club. Perhaps its more than just Wenger still hoping Benzema might call him in January?

I imagine Joel Campbell needs to perform well in some cup games this season and then he'll get a chance. He's never done much in the first team previously so it's fair enough that Wenger doesn't see him as an alternative yet. Like I say, he'll get his chance in the League Cup I imagine.

I'm not worried about Walcott and Giroud though, they'll both come good. Making quality chances is harder than putting them away and if we're getting the first part right, the second won't be far behind.

I imagine Joel Campbell needs to perform well in some cup games this season and then he'll get a chance. He's never done much in the first team previously so it's fair enough that Wenger doesn't see him as an alternative yet. Like I say, he'll get his chance in the League Cup I imagine.

I'm not worried about Walcott and Giroud though, they'll both come good. Making quality chances is harder than putting them away and if we're getting the first part right, the second won't be far behind.

League Cup is Spurs though, and Wenger's loaned out youth this season rather than keep them around for cup competitions. He might get rotated in, but Wenger takes the derby fairly seriously.

League Cup is Spurs though, and Wenger's loaned out youth this season rather than keep them around for cup competitions. He might get rotated in, but Wenger takes the derby fairly seriously.

That's a fair point, I forgot we were playing Spurs! I still reckon Campbell will get a game though. It'll be stronger than his traditional League Cup team but Spurs will be resting players too and they have less strength in depth than Arsenal do I think, which will give Wenger a little leeway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom