• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

Tubie

http://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2017/06/18/5946c0be22601d064b8b45c5.html

Florentino Perez had no opposition at all in the club presidential elections, so his presidential mandate gets automatically extended to 2021.

14978093082684.jpg

He should celebrate this with a crazy bid for Mbappe!

flo.png

Westlo

I'm surprised too. This is not the Everton I know.

But, we have the funds, we have the manager and we have Steve Walsh. We're looking to rattle the top 6 next season. This summer is crucial, now or never.

The youngsters are coming through as well, 5 Everton youngsters were in the U20 World Cup winning squad.

It's good to see but it's something that has to be done. We have an early start with EL qualifiers and than our first 6 games are a nightmare. If we get can hit them fully firing we might get some decent results....

Hopefully a CB is next up (Keane?) but I really hope they don't look at RB as a stopgap while waiting for Coleman to come back.... as much as I love him, there's no guarantee he's going to come back the same player he was before.... heck look at Oviedo who was really coming along before his leg break.....

Still a lot of work too do... still need another winger/inside forward, which I guess Niang was suppose to be but he's a tosser so we passed on him. Need a back up striker and when Lukaku goes he needs to be replaced too.

Pachimari

http://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2017/06/18/5946c0be22601d064b8b45c5.html

Florentino Perez had no opposition at all in the club presidential elections, so his presidential mandate gets automatically extended to 2021.

14978093082684.jpg

He should celebrate this with a crazy bid for Mbappe!

flo.png

Yeah, I am very glad to see him extend his reign as our president. Now, as you say, go celebrate and get us Mbappe hehe. Donnarumma too while you're at it.

Oh and talking about Donnarumma, his agent Mino Raiola has said that they rejected AC Milan because their board started threatening him and his family, so they decided not to move forward with the negotiations. They never got to talk about money because they already threatened by killing his family and leaving him on the stands if he didn't renew. He also guarantees that Donnarumma won't leave as a free agent, and that it will take time to do a transfer as they are not in a hurry.

cromofo

It's good to see but it's something that has to be done. We have an early start with EL qualifiers and than our first 6 games are a nightmare. If we get can hit them fully firing we might get some decent results....

Hopefully a CB is next up (Keane?) but I really hope they don't look at RB as a stopgap while waiting for Coleman to come back.... as much as I love him, there's no guarantee he's going to come back the same player he was before.... heck look at Oviedo who was really coming along before his leg break.....

Still a lot of work too do... still need another winger/inside forward, which I guess Niang was suppose to be but he's a tosser so we passed on him. Need a back up striker and when Lukaku goes he needs to be replaced too.

Yeah looks like Keane is the one. I'd let Kenny play on RB until Coleman is fit.

Hopefully we'll complete the signing of Sandro in next few days so we can focus on other things. IDK if he's thought of as a Lukaku replacement but I hope not. I hope we go for someone like Batshuayi or Iheanacho. Maybe we can get Batman in a swap deal with Chelsea.

There are some unconfirmed reports from multiple sources that Celtic's Dembele was at Liverpool in talks with Everton but I don't know what to think of that. He's worth a punt but 30 million maximum.

Exciting times ahead!

Icolin

Banned
Hirving Lozano loaned to PSV from Pachuca is confirmed. Rumor has it that PSV will receive 30-40% of future transfer fees.

I really like this move for Lozano. Guardado will help him transition, and PSV is a good team to develop at.

Today here in Chile, during the TV transmission of the Germany vs Australia match, one of the reporters stated two "facts" regarding Alexis Sánchez:

- Conte, Guardiola and Ancelotti called him personally to convince him to sign for their respective clubs.

- Alexis is pretty much decided to go to Man City.

Verratti wants out of Paris.

Most likely destination being Barça or Bayern I'm guessing.
Would be a stupid signing if true. Bayern have Muller, Vidal, Thiago, & Tolisso for 3 positions. Also having Sanches, and Kimmich/Martinez to play there if needed.

Bayern need a LW, which is why they're after Sanchez.

spidye

Lewandowski's agent: "Robert is very disappointed with Ancelotti

because he didn't scored more goals than aubemeyang and he expected (!) ancelotti to force his team mates to pass the ball to him in the last game

which is utterly stupid since he had 8 shots on goal in the last match and all the players especially went out of their way to let him score a goal.

if this shit is true than lewandowski is a bigger man-child than I could have ever imagined

because he didn't scored more goals than aubemeyang and he expected (!) ancelotti to force his team mates to pass the ball to him in the last game

which is utterly stupid since he had 8 shots on goal in the last match and all the players especially went out of their way to let him score a goal.

if this shit is true than lewandowski is a bigger man-child than I could have ever imagined
He is a manchild, but a bigger issue is that his agent is an absolutely cunt of the highest proportion.

I assume anyone making that much is using some loophole or other. Jose and Ronnie can now put their pasts behind them and focus on the real enemy- the Spanish tax authorities.

Zasa

But why? The last thing City need is more firepower.
Just another day in football with the sketchy 'sky sources'. They've really shat the bed this summer for some reason.

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/876887666129874944
Aubameyang not a target for Man City.

(Man City ITK who broke the news about Sánchez, Mbappé, Mendy, Silva, etc)
https://twitter.com/Sammy_Goal/status/876853734189477888
As far as I know on Aubameyang, he is of interest to City but currently low on the list, as there's still confidence that Alexis will come

Asked if the Auba rumor is true or not, this was after Stone said he's not a target...
Not at the moment anyway. Like I said before, I think he's on a list somewhere, but nowhere near a priority right now

Regarding Dani Alves
https://twitter.com/Sammy_Goal/status/877104502406512641
Bit of an update: Alves has verbally agreed a two-year contract, awaiting confirmation of how he'll leave Juve

Juve would announce news of any contract termination to stock exchange. Those announcements normally around 5pm UK time. No idea when though

casiopao

Dani Alves is more or less gone from Bianconeri.

Him boasting his Berlin 2015 winning boots in twitter already burned most Juventini tifosi bridge and of course him saying that Dybala should move out of Juventus to maximize his potential is not helping.

Carbonox

LaLigaGAF what's the lowdown on Florian Lejeune of Eibar? He's moving to Newcastle this week. From what little I can gather he seems like a consistently solid CB.

LaLigaGAF what's the lowdown on Florian Lejeune of Eibar? He's moving to Newcastle this week. From what little I can gather he seems like a consistently solid CB.

Lejeune was well thought of when he joined Villarreal as a youngster but didn't fit in and bounced around for a while. He has only started in the first division for one year but played very well at Eibar. He's big and good in the air but still decently mobile. My only concern would be that Eibar play a very compact style. Not sure he will handle a system where there is more space between the midfield and defenders.

T-Rex.

Banned
Interesting that Joyce etc don't think the Van Dijk deal is dead. I don't think there's any chance of it happening, but I guess we're still interested (or pretending to be) at least.

Beefy

Interesting that Joyce etc don't think the Van Dijk deal is dead. I don't think there's any chance of it happening, but I guess we're still interested (or pretending to be) at least.

If we sell Van Dijk to you after reporting you Saints fans will go mad. I can't see it happening.

sora87

All this transfer talk is making me wanna fall back down the footy manager hole, but i know i won't come out for weeks ;(

T-Rex.

Banned
If we sell Van Dijk to you after reporting you Saints fans will go mad. I can't see it happening.
Can't see it happening either, but they all reckon if Van Dijk pushes for the move it could still happen. I reckon it's just bullshit to keep the fans calm tbh.

Top Bottom