• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

Seems like Liverpool will lose out on Ryan Sessengon(Fulham), he prefers to stay in London and sign with Tottenham. According to Liverpool Echo that might tempt Klopp to buy a more established left back instead, which is music to my ears. Milner has done a good job, but if we really want to challenge for the top honours we need to have a real LB.

Audioboxer

For a goalkeeper though! Think Buffon for 33m in 2001 is still the record :eek:

£75m and you have a deal then!

It is what it is. United always have to pay through the nose, time to get Real coughing up. It will also leave us with the headache of chasing a goalkeeper. Along with a headache surrounding the Griezmann saga.

Woodward better not fuck all of this up.

This is next level transfer muppetry / trolling

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nT5JvRfZLXE

Look who calls at 1:04

😂😂😂😂😂

LOL

XViaMlz.png

Empty

i'd take 75m for de gea

now our defense is good again we don't need a worldclass keeper to constantly bail us out, romero would do a reliable job next season and we can invest more in the tragic forward line

Audioboxer

I thought he wanted to stay (CL football) and Real like Navas all of a sudden?

De Gea will never "truly" be happy until he is in Madrid. Whether it's this year or next. I don't think he'll want to wait till he hits 29~30, even although he can easily go for a long time at a top level given his ability.

Jose needs a goalkeeper right now that as part of his United project will be wanting to be around for the next 3~5 years at least. Some of the pundits, including United old boys, keep going on about how a club like United should not sell a player like De Gea. Meh, I prefer Jose's way. If you don't want to play for the club, off you go. As long as we get how much we want.

Real Madrid shouldn't have an issue matching the wages De Gea gets at United unless they don't want to pay a goalkeeper that much. I wouldn't see why not, he's the best in the world.

As much as I'd rather he stays, I really cba with this every transfer window. RM cough up £70m+ and Mou should let him go if he wants to go.
Then we can sign Joe Hart

Jarnet87

Selling De Gea unless he requests a move makes zero sense no matter what Madrid offer. To get another top keeper, say Oblak it's going to cost close what we get from Madrid. And it's not like United need the money

Audioboxer

That's an insane amount for a goalkeeper. Money poorly spent when you have Navas.

I've got a feeling it's partly about Real once again showing United they can't do fuck all to keep world-class players at the club. Well, that and they do want De Gea lol.

Selling De Gea unless he requests a move makes zero sense no matter what Madrid offer. To get another top keeper, say Oblak it's going to cost close what we get from Madrid. And it's not like United need the money

Sure, but I think he does want to leave shortly. The nice wage rise put that off for a bit after the "failed fax", but not indefinitely (as in loyalty for his career).

DBT85

This must lower the chances of Griezmann leaving?

So no Griezmann for ManU?

Literally nothing they can do if anyone triggers the release clause. That's why players have them.

Has Zlatan earned that much that he just went ahead and bought a new knee, or what is happening here?

https://twitter.com/CF_Fantacalcio/status/869991114547187712

Well he was only on one crutch in Stockholm and even then was hobbling about without it. I don't think we ever actually got told which part of his knee got fucked as there are several ligaments in there with I think the ACL being the big one that causes longer recovery. He may also have got lucky and it didn't go as badly as others have.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/870015845187043328

He's totally going, but let us try and get £80m+
Fuck em. If he doesn't want to go, don't accept anything. We don't need the money. If he actually wants to go a la CR7 then fine, fleece the fuckers.

Jarnet87

There were already a few journalist claiming Madrid did not bid for De Gea. I don't know if Jose thinks Romero can be a #1 keeper so I just hope De Gea has already told him if he plans to stay or not.

Fdkn

De Gea had his chance and did nothing to pressure United, then after the thing went down he signed a new contract

I didn't want him then, less now. Keep him

Dark Rider

I don't think Real Madrid will pay anything big for DG and that those reports of offers are just transfer window clickbait, the usual lol
I think we will wait until his contract run out then buy him either on the cheap one season earlier or for free at the end of his contract. After the fiasco I think Florentino will go about it that way.

casiopao

I don't think Real Madrid will pay anything big for DG and that those reports of offers are just transfer window clickbait, the usual lol
I think we will wait until his contract run out then buy him either on the cheap one season earlier or for free at the end of his contract. After the fiasco I think Florentino will go about it that way.

Considering you guys just paid a crazy price for a young unproven 16 years old........

Tosyn_88

De Gea situation will become a media battle. As far as Manchester are concerned, they can just keep running the story that they haven't been contacted by Madrid till Madrid goes public with thier interest, then we will have another saga. Pay up with players or walk the mile. I don't think money will be demanded, it's bad business for the team so common sense should already tell you either Madrid offer players or no Deal. Selling David for high fee like that means his "replacement" will command huge fee from the selling club, very counter productive.

Tosyn_88

You can be rest assured that David will renew his contract again. He's not the kind of guy to kick up a fuss, even in the previous window, he never complained so Perez should keep waiting

Pachimari

We won't get De Gea on the cheap or on a free, what is this. David will have either renewed his contract or committed to something else before being a free agent or being free to negotiate with other clubs.

I still say, we will pay up for De Gea this transfer window. And if not, no big deal.

Zasa

From James Ducker...
https://twitter.com/telegraphducker/status/870218789731913729
Sources have confirmed #mufc have changed priorities in recent weeks and will now NOT move for Griezmann at this time (1/2)

https://twitter.com/telegraphducker/status/870219015679094784
The Ibra injury has forced #mufc to change from wanting a No 10 (Griezmann) to now needing another No 9, which becomes the priority (2/2)

Edit:

From, Simon Stone, BBC
http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/40116737
A source close to @ManUtd says club have cooled interest in Antoine Griezmann. Want a striker not a number 10 Priorities changed post Zlatan

The yesterday before all this broke, Di Marzio said this,
http://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/belo...o-ma-le-priorita-sono-diego-costa-e-lacazette
...could also lose Griezmann, who would be sacrificed to achieve the market objectives forward. The Frenchman is not convinced to accept the proposal of the PSG, would not want to play now in Ligue 1. Even Manchester United was interested in him, but it is not the priority. Griezmann is the third highest of Mourinho's list follows Morata and Mbappe

Pachimari

When Perez decides he wants a player, he becomes blind to the consequences, even if they are destructive to the club.
Paying up big and replacing Keylor with De Gea is hardly destructive.

Ever since his injury we've wanted to replace him, because he has been so unstable. It's only these last few months he has founds his form again.

The goalkeeper position should be the biggest investment this summer.

Dark Rider

Considering you guys just paid a crazy price for a young unproven 16 years old........

It's not about how much we would pay though.

You can be rest assured that David will renew his contract again. He's not the kind of guy to kick up a fuss, even in the previous window, he never complained so Perez should keep waiting

DDG is not the type that complain publicly or be disrespectful but he will do what he needs to do to get what he wants.
Let me refresh your memory, he did not renew his contract with United and refused all United offers last time this came up. It was only after the fiasco ended and the transfer window closed that he signed a new contract with United ;)

We won't get De Gea on the cheap or on a free, what is this. David will have either renewed his contract or committed to something else before being a free agent or being free to negotiate with other clubs.

I still say, we will pay up for De Gea this transfer window. And if not, no big deal.

I don't care much for getting DDG to be honest but I believe that if he gets any assurance from Florentino privately that he will be signed then he won't sign any new contracts with United. I think it all depends on Florentino and what he thinks of the situation. If he wants DDG he just need to give him an assurance and DDG won't sign any new contracts with United, If Florentino doesn't care much any more for signing DDG then he will stay silent about it and DDG will sign a new contract with United. The least likely out-come imho is Florentino wanting DDG and at the same time rewarding United for the fiasco last time by paying them whatever they want.

I understand that Real Madrid elections are coming up and paying a hefty sum to sign DDG could help Florentino campaign to get reelected however I think he will throw the hefty sums elsewhere. I could be wrong of course but this is my take on it.

Paying up big and replacing Keylor with De Gea is hardly destructive.

Ever since his injury we've wanted to replace him, because he has been so unstable. It's only these last few months he has founds his form again.

The goalkeeper position should be the biggest investment this summer.

Not saying this particular case is destructive. I feel the priority for Madrid should be:

Sell:
- Coentrao
- Danilo
- Benzema (won't ever happen)

Add:
- Left back (cover for Marcelo)
- Solid defensive midfielder (cover for Casimero)
- Center back (Pepe's loss is huge in my eyes, defense is leaky as hell without him)

Bonus: keep Morata

TimmmV

Typical FSG.

"We got the finances to compete with anyone" Absolute bollocks.

I kind of agree with them in the case of van Dijk tbh, hes a good player but Liverpool just don't have the money to be offering him £170k a week.

Realistically we need to accept that for a few years we need to do what Spurs have been doing, which is basically beating the market for good players. Thats not impossible either - Liverpool did it with Torres/Suarez/Coutinho/Firmino/Mane. After a few years of that (and getting consistently into the CL), it'll be easier to offer that level of wages

United a galáctico club now? They needed both of those even with Ibra uninjured.

United have seemed a Galactico club ever since Ferguson left tbh

Pachimari

Not saying this particular case is destructive. I feel the priority for Madrid should be:

Sell:
- Coentrao
- Danilo
- Benzema (won't ever happen)

Add:
- Left back (cover for Marcelo)
- Solid defensive midfielder (cover for Casimero)
- Center back (Pepe's loss is huge in my eyes, defense is leaky as hell without him)

Bonus: keep Morata

Coentrao is being shipped out to Benfica. Danilo stays unless Inter pays for him, and Benzema stays.

We already got cover for Marcelo, that's Theo Hernandez. We already got cover for Casemiro, which is Marcos Llorente, and defense won't be leaky with Nacho, Varane, Ramos and Vallejo. Pepe is a loss as he's solid, but so are the other ones.

Beefy

I kind of agree with them in the case of van Dijk tbh, hes a good player but Liverpool just don't have the money to be offering him £170k a week.

Realistically we need to accept that for a few years we need to do what Spurs have been doing, which is basically beating the market for good players. Thats not impossible either - Liverpool did it with Torres/Suarez/Coutinho/Firmino/Mane. After a few years of that (and getting consistently into the CL), it'll be easier to offer that level of wages

United have seemed a Galactico club ever since Ferguson left tbh
Or try to steal our scouting system, as you like our players so much. 😂

Also our local paper is saying we want way more then £50m

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
My opinion is that Real shouldn't sell anybody except Benzema and Danilo this year, but this won't happen. Maybe just loan out one of Asensio and Vasquez, but they can get enough playing time at Real too. And I don't think that it needs to bring in any players either, they have really a nice round squad now.

De Gea would be rather a prestige signing than a necessity.

RocknRola

Did City really pay €40M for a Goalkeeper? The dude isn't even that outstanding tbh. He makes a lot of mistakes, though he is young.

Beefy

Did City really pay €40M for a Goalkeeper? The dude isn't even that outstanding tbh. He makes a lot of mistakes, though he is young.
Money means nothing to them. It's pocket change for their owners. I can see them spending about £300m

RocknRola

Money means nothing to them. It's pocket change for their owners. I can see them spending about £300m

That's true I guess. Still kinda silly. I mean, given a couple more years at the top level I'm sure he'll become one of the good goalkeepers around (not sure if ever "great", but time will tell), but right now he is not worth €40M, not by a long shot.

Top Bottom