• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

Mory Dunz

I've noticed over the years Marcelo is extremely popular in the US. Whether with Brazil or whatever.

Not that he's not popular elsewhere, but after Ronaldo I think he might be second most popular on RM in the US. tbh

Pachimari

I've noticed over the years Marcelo is extremely popular in the US. Whether with Brazil or whatever.

Not that he's not popular elsewhere, but after Ronaldo I think he might be second most popular on RM in the US. tbh
Marcelo is like the most loved player in Real Madrid. He is wonderful.

Also ice cold finish by Asensio.

The commentary is terrible, just like NBC network. This year I plan to use vpn to view official PL telecast. NBC completely ruins it with their shitty graphics and commentary.

Mory Dunz

The commentary is terrible, just like NBC network. This year I plan to use vpn to view official PL telecast. NBC completely ruins it with their shitty graphics and commentary.

outside of 1 game of the entrie weekend, doesn't every NBC cast use the PL telecast?

Arlo White and Co only do one game i think.

outside of 1 game of the entrie weekend, doesn't every NBC cast use the PL telecast?

Yea I thought typically the package when you bid on it requires you to use the English PL commentators when it's telecasted in English. I've even watched games in other countries and it had the English version behind the commentary in another language. Was very strange and distracting.

Actually that guys complaint is the first time I've heard someone complain about NBC. Most people even in other countries watching NBC streams have enjoyed it.

Yea I thought typically the package when you bid on it requires you to use the English PL commentators when it's telecasted in English. I've even watched games in other countries and it had the English version behind the commentary in another language. Was very strange and distracting.

Actually that guys complaint is the first time I've heard someone complain about NBC. Most people even in other countries watching NBC streams have enjoyed it.

Not if you have been watching Official PL broadcast all along. I moved to US in December and switching to NBC was a pain. The tv overlays in particular. They looked like something that was on TV 5 years ago. PL graphics were way better. This year I will switch to official broadcast.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes

Typically they do one game Sat. and one game Sunday or Monday. The other games NBC airs are the PL-produced international feed. White is perfect for the job, grew up in the UK but lived in US for several years doing Sounders games and so understands both cultures.

I have had no issues with NBC's production. They have invested a lot of money and prestige into the PL, so much so that I've heard the NFL is a little miffed at NBC.

Mory Dunz

wait why wouldn't champion know who Lebron and Serena are?

Bale Being Bad.
BBB baby you already know

Not if you have been watching Official PL broadcast all along. I moved to US in December and switching to NBC was a pain. The tv overlays in particular. They looked like something that was on TV 5 years ago. PL graphics were way better. This year I will switch to official broadcast.

Yeah, for the match of the week. That overlay is huge and ugly like ESPN circa 2008
But if you watch online or with the app (or whatever game they have on USA network), and watch the digital only games, it uses the PL overlay with the small purple and the PL and the PL commentators.

It'd be annoying if each time the game you wanted was their "match of week" but that shouldn't happen that often since they gave each team exposure. So it wasn't always the big teams, you might see "Swansea vs Bournemouth" or whatever.

So I didn't have Arlo and co a lot last year.....not that I don't like them.

edit:
sry, Guileless is right. It'd be two games a week.

wait why wouldn't champion know who Lebron and Serena are?

Bale Being Bad.
BBB baby you already know

Yeah, for the match of the week. That overlay is huge and ugly like ESPN circa 2008
But if you watch online or with the app (or whatever game they have on USA network), and watch the digital only games, it uses the PL overlay with the small purple and the PL and the PL commentators.

It'd be annoying if each time the game you wanted was their "match of week" but that shouldn't happen that often since they gave each team exposure. So it wasn't always the big teams, you might see "Swansea vs Bournemouth" or whatever.

So I was able to didn't have Arlo and co a lot last year.....not that I don't like them.

Yeah their extra time app whatever had official overlay. But all Chelsea games I saw on TV had the ancient overlay. I even missed the mid match music etc. I know it sounds silly lol but having watched broadcast till December and switching it midway was jarring. Also there is a delay in telecast. Like 10-15 seconds delay. My WhatsApp groups or Twitter TL already had people celebrating goals when I was just watching the corner being taken or the move in progress. I stopped using my phone when match was on.

Edit: Also none of their broadcast had goalrush which started last year. It was a cool feafure during multi match days like Boxing Day etc. Missed it too.

Yeah their extra time app whatever had official overlay. But all Chelsea games I saw on TV had the ancient overlay. I even missed the mid match music etc. I know it sounds silly lol but having watched broadcast till December and switching it midway was jarring. Also there is a delay in telecast. Like 10-15 seconds delay. My WhatsApp groups or Twitter TL already had people celebrating goals when I was just watching the corner being taken or the move in progress. I stopped using my phone when match was on.

Edit: Also none of their broadcast had goalrush which started last year. It was a cool feafure during multi match days like Boxing Day etc. Missed it too.

The delay can even occur between carriers here. It seems satellite is always 10-15 seconds behind cable users. Must be the delay coming from space!

LoL at them leaving Neymar out there. Seems like they are just tormenting PSG.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I know it sounds silly lol but having watched broadcast till December and switching it midway was jarring.

Not silly at all. One time I was looking for a stream of a New Orleans Saints game and found the Sky feed. It was....a lot different than the Fox production.

Pachimari

Kovacic and Casemiro have had a great match. Marcelo also looks in better form than most of our other players.

Now why aren't we seeing Achraf, Llorente and Ceballos.

Top Bottom