• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

tim.mbp

As a Football Manager newbie, which version should I get? I have a PC and iPad that meets the FM17 Touch requirements. Is there any reason not to get the iPad version of FM17 Touch since it's the cheapest?

Beefy

If Mou wanted to try and recreate his Southampton form he still needs that defensive partner next to him. Either way we should be playing Carrick or Schweinsteiger as the holding midfielder.

Yep, Morgan is a player that helps out breaking up attacks, but he is far more a link up player between defence and attack. He is being played as a defensive midfielder which he isn't.

I don't doubt that, but he's just not what United need. He'd be better back at Southampton. I don't think he's a bad player but a club like United should be able to have better. I mean France didn't even use him in the Euros :/ I'd still rather Fellaini goes first. Height isn't even needed in this United side that can't cross a fucking ball.
I would take him back in a snap. But we have Hojbjerg now, who wouldn't give him such a easy ride to the first team.

Beefy

As a Football Manager newbie, which version should I get? I have a PC and iPad that meets the FM17 Touch requirements. Is there any reason not to get the iPad version of FM17 Touch since it's the cheapest?

Imo the touch version is awful.

Jack cw

Boateng was injured, he needs time. After his injury Germany broke down in Euro.
Problem today is that our left side with Bernat is not existing, Alonso is to deep in midfield and Vidal totally not in the game. Lewandowski loses many balls. Rafinha and Costa are the best so far. Pretty confident that we will win, since Hoffenheim stopped playing after they conceded the goal.

Boateng was injured, he needs time. After his injury Germany broke down in Euro.
Problem today is that our left side with Bernat is not existing, Alonso is to deep in midfield and Vidal totally not in the game. Lewandowski loses many balls. Rafinha and Costa are the best so far. Pretty confident that we will win, since Hoffenheim stopped playing after they conceded the goal.

Hoffenheim is pretty solid this season. Wouldnt count them out yet

Jack cw

Still amazing to see that Bayern ran 8km less than Hoffenheim.
22 shots on target, 2 times post.
We are even worse in converting chances than we were under the fraud.
I wonder what Carlos matchplan was...

spidye

Still amazing to see that Bayern ran 8km less than Hoffenheim.
22 shots on target, 2 times post.
We are even worse in converting chances than we were under the fraud.
I wonder what Carlos matchplan was...
We didn't do many mistakes. Lewandowski and müller just forgot to scre goals
Other than that we dominated them and especially in the second half it looked like we were a league above them.
What frightens me is how lewa, müller, vidal and boateng looked out of shape.

Jack cw

We didn't do many mistakes. Lewandowski and müller just forgot to scre goals
Other than that we dominated them and especially in the second half it looked like we were a league above them.
What frightens me is how lewa, müller, vidal and boateng looked out of shape.

I actually wanted to wait what happens in March/April but we haven't had a great game since the season started. I'm getting a bit worried tbh. The team is in bad shape, runs always less than the opposition, midfield and defence are not working, we concede in every match, Müller is the worst player since Braafheid left, our pressing is non existent, we are even more prone to counters than under Pep.

Maybe the fraud was a genius after all...

spidye

I actually wanted to wait what happens in March/April but we haven't had a great game since the season started. I'm getting a bit worried tbh. The team is in bad shape, runs always less than the opposition, midfield and defence are not working, we concede in every match, Müller is the worst player since Braafheid left, our pressing is non existent, we are even more prone to counters than under Pep.

Maybe the fraud was a genius after all...
Meanwhile the fraud has 1 win in 6 games

Let's not get carried away. We ALWAYS ran less than the opposition. That's the nature of possession based tactic. Just let the ball run.
Midfield is our weakest part right now and that's because of Vidal. He is out of shape and it looks like he carries hinself over the time. It really shows what a beast he was last season.
Müller and lewa are strange. Müller started to play like this since april. He suddenly began to lose confidence in himself. Things he was known for like nerves of steel were suddenly thrown out of window (penalty, finish,...).

Top Bottom